Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2012
By: dmcallis PlayStation MVP 2748 posts

Birthday Ticket Circle - COMPLETED!

653 replies 103 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

A few of us are come late to the collecting game, so we are just starting out.  Would some of the experienced people be interrested in helping all of us out?

Send limits are the problem.  One car send a day per PS3... But there is a way to get this done.

If I have an item and send it to person A who then sends it to B who sends it to C then  it gets to the entire circle (or more properly Arc I guess, since it isn't closed... ) very quickly, one car a day to however many people are on the list and while it is nice for everyone to be on everyone's Friend list, you only need two links to receive and send it on.

It would be nice if the origin of the link has a set already or a source to be able to build a complete set.  That and a generous heart... 

A few of us have the scant beginnings of this in place, but are short of year tickets to accomplish this.

Anyone willing to join in this undertaking?  We intend for everyone involved to have a complete set of cards.  If you can contribute cards, great.  If you want to collect them, just be able to send what you get along to the next person each day.

I guess I'll act as coordinator to keep a list of who has what.

And I guess this could be all tickets, not just Birthday...

I'll need to list the "chain", so everyone knows who to send to here too...

How does this sound to everyone?

Please use plain text.
Message 651 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Re: Birthday Ticket Circle

Dec 12, 2011

Having completed 2 circles of complete sets of tickets and currently in the process of 2 more

I can vouch that it works pretty well this way.

if I could help I most definitely would but at the moment my sends are so booked I cant even use the tickets lol.

hopefully in the future I'll try and help out, wish you all the best in this venture though.

MattCLKSigMP4_12CGTR2

http://www.redrktracing.com/cars.htm
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Dec 12, 2011

Thanks, appreciate it.  I hope to be in your condition of send bookings at the end of this.  As people send things in, I'll be better able to send the things out as people need them.  I already try to send cars as much as I can, but getting people who need things to send FRs

has been a bit of a problem...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jan 2, 2012

OK, can we try to get this thing organized and we can get this started.

Many thanks to MATTCLK who will start with me soon.

If audioinstaller, gPs-77-, and Grundberg can get with me here, this should work out well, I hope.

If anyone else is interrested, get with us in the next few days and we'll see what we can do.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Jan 2, 2012

yeah if you guys can get hooked up together I'll help all I can.

still at full tilt sending at the moment, but will get the odd ticket out here and there when I can.

and if you guys pass the parcel everyone benefits.

MattCLKSigMP4_12CGTR2

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6656 posts

Jan 2, 2012

I'll help when I can with the odd ticket as well. I'd give more racers stuff if  2 things changed (from my perspective)

1. Be more active using your sends to hook up others in the Forum looking for Tickets, etc.. Don't just ask, ask, ask, GIVE too!!!

2. Don't smack talk the game and  especially my friends at PD. Anyone that does this can expect NOTHING from me in the way of help. When it does happen, I make note of the user, and from then on I decide to let you fend for yourself. It is a choice..............

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1059 posts

Jan 2, 2012

I agree with that whole heartedly. and that's why I've offered dm some help here.

from posts I've seen here. he's always willing to offer help like your good self.

MattCLKSigMP4_12CGTR2

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Thanks to both of you Swerve and Mattclk for your offer and your kind words.

I did start this kind of thing off with a request (for the GT academy GTR I believe) and all I could do was to offer to pass it on and to "pick up the load" you guys are burdened with by your generosity.

I have just tried to live up to that pledge to send stuff out as people want/need it.  This will be a continuation of that pledge, not a culmination of it.  I do not mean to stop after this...

I'd offer the "join us in this" to anyone who can just pass the tickets on once they receive them and would like to collect them.

Some may like to do it on their own, by trading a ticket here and there.  Nothing wrong with that.  Great way to make friends by trading.  I'd bet this is a good deal more effecent in building a collection though...  And you have to make a lot fewer trading requests/deals...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Okay, the first ticket is sent.  Since this is the first one, could everyone let me know (mail, my msg board, here, or wherever is convenient) you got it so we can make sure everyone is on the same page (or ticket, as the case may be?)

Thanks all and especially to MATTCLK in this endeavor.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Is it too late to join in?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 654 (103 Views)
0 Likes