Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2012
By: Nightologist First Son 8 posts

BORROW CAR REQUEST BOARD.

[ Edited ]
11 replies 123 views Edited Jun 30, 2012

Listen I don't know if this board kicks off or not but I was looking for a page to set up request to borrow a car and I couldn't find one so I decided to step up and start one. Many of us are or have been stuck on one race because we needed that one rare or unaffordable car. Instead of spamming other boards place your requests here.

Rules are few but needed and they are:

Dupers: I'm sure will be here and are welcome but please do not start giving tutorials as to how. Not because I don't want others to learn but I don't want flame wars over lost or corrupted data. New guys just search as to how and place your request here.

Hounders: I know you need the car, but sending 10 messages to the same guys or 20 posts of please add me need to borrow 2J is annoying.

Gratitude and paying it forward: This rule can't be enforced but I wan't to get it out there, many of us would'nt be where we are in this game if it wasn't for others. People buy this game daily and are just starting to get a feel for it. You we're there too. Give somebody a hand. That fully suped Lupo GTI can get someone out of a jam. Someone lent you that 2J for the historic race, send him a message saying thanks, and come back here and help someone else to keep the cycle going.

Trading: There is a trading board already established but if you feel the need to trade please PM each other and keep the boards clear.

The rest: Same basic rules as in any forum, no caps, spell words out, no flaming, no cursing, bragging.

Format example:

Need to Borrow a Chapparal 2J

free (paint chip, lvl 17 ticket, helmet) for the effort

please add gt5fanboy2000

Thank you

Thanks to dmcallis for this one

If you borrow a car be sure to check the three tuning sheets.  Some, like me, might not have the best tune selected when they put a car up for share.  But I'll try to check that when I put cars up from now on.

Also, if you naad a particular tune (a set tire selection or a PP limit for example,) you might put that into your request.

Some will even tune to your specs...  To a degree, at least.  Won't hurt to ask.

With the formalities out of the way let's borrow and lend.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: BORROW CAR REQUEST BOARD.

Jun 30, 2012

Looking to borrow a ferrari 330 P4 and a Miura.

I have plenty of worthwhile cars if you need to borrow just message me including the XJ and the Mark IV, rally and muscle cars

Add me on PSN "Nightologist" or send me a PM

Be glad to send you paint for the trouble or anything you may need.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jun 30, 2012
I can put mine up (yes, I have both - well actually anything you'd want to borrow) as soon as I have the TV. Morning at the latest.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (115 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jun 30, 2012

dmcaliis I need to send you something bro, I'm still loving that Cerbera. Now I see why people didn't want to part with it. And my internet is giving me issues too so tomorrow sounds great. Thanks a mil bro

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Just a quick note:

There are enough new people here that I feel might not realize this:

If you borrow a car be sure to check the three tuning sheets.  Some, like me, might not have the best tune selected when they put a car up for share.  But I'll try to check that when I put cars up from now on.

Also, if you naad a particular tune (a set tire selection or a PP limit for example,) you might put that into your request.

Some will even tune to your specs...  To a degree, at least.  Won't hurt to ask.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 30, 2012

already added to the main message, never thought of that

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2748 posts

Jun 30, 2012
Actually, I appreciate the offer, but there are a few of us running into the "Infamous 7000 Item Limit" (tm). lol
I'm one of them.

(I'm kinda nervous about having room for the GT Academy cars we're getting soon and I lose rewards items all the time because of that bloody limit.)

I'm good. I may ask in the future, but for now, help me by helping others.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Already am

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41470 posts

Jul 1, 2012
There used to be a trading sub-forum, but it seems that it did not migrate yet.

I will look into this problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6656 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Nightologist wrote:

Looking to borrow a ferrari 330 P4 and a Miura.

I have plenty of worthwhile cars if you need to borrow just message me including the XJ and the Mark IV, rally and muscle cars

Add me on PSN "Nightologist" or send me a PM

Be glad to send you paint for the trouble or anything you may need.

Thanks

Nightologist,

I already have you on my Friends list. I have both those cars , and will add them to shared right now. If you've already Borrowed them from dmcallis, that's still fine. Please don't try to send anything in return. I'm up against the 7000 item limit again, and it would just cause me to delete something once again.

Regards, SWERV_GRIFFIN

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (87 Views)
0 Likes