May 11 2012
By: RoCkStArDoM Wastelander 695 posts

iRoCk Rally Challenge [GT Elite]

43 replies 54 views Edited May 11, 2012

GT Elite's iRoCk Rally Challenge

Welcome to the iRoCk Rally Challenge!

This is another one of our events that we'd like to bring to the masses here at the GT forums. The event is set up in a tournament sytle format where drivers can earn points at the end of each race to be accumulated over the course of 4 races. The top 3 drivers at the end of the event will earn the podium and can be recognized for their accomplishments here on site. As always this event is not restricted to any one group of drivers. You may run this event at anytime with your friends so enjoy. If you would like to run this event with GT Elite then send any of our members an FR via the PSN. Good luck to all who run the iRoCk Rally Challenge.

http://eliterevolution.com/sections/gtelite

Event Q&A:

"What are the Horsepower and Weight Minimum restrictions set at?

The max HP allowed and weight restrictions will be revealed a few days in advance by the host of the event. This will give drivers the time they need to shop for their perfect selection or fine tune a car they have in their garage to meet the specifications.

"Why only four races in the event?"

Well we wanted to create an event of this nature that players could enjoy without them having to spend a few days coordinating and organizing just to complete the event. We also wanted to ensure that the iRoCk Rally Challenge would only take up about an hour or so of the driver's play time. We all have other things we might want to do with our alotted game time as you know.

"Sounds great, how will the points system work?"

Simple, we dish out the following point rewards for each race in the event.

1st place - 10 pts
2nd place - 8pts
3rd place - 6 pts
4th place - 4 pts
5th place - 2 pts

At the end of the iRoCk Rally Challenge the score will be tallied and the top 3 drivers will be awarded the podium. If there happens to be a tie of any sort concerning a podium finish there can be a one lap playoff to decide placement between those drivers.

"Ok, now what about difficulty settings while driving and what vehicles are allowed?"

With the challenging terrain and harsh conditions we still want the more casual player base to be able to access the iRoCk Rally Challenge without becoming too frustrated. Therefore we run a few stages of this event with low boost and light damage occasionally. All make, model, and performance factors will be decided on a per event basis before the event by the host, at least one full day in advance is a good idea so drivers can get everything together in order to attend.

"What is GT Elite?"

Gran Turismo Elite is a community for mature adults that seek a well organized group of like minded drivers with the overall goal of enhancing their experience playing Gran Turismo 5. That said, GT Elite is not solely for elite drivers. We welcome all drivers that routinely conduct themselves in an elite fashion both on the track and throughout the GT community so as to further advance our overall goal. We strive hard to ensure this level of conduct among our members is maintained so that both our experience and yours is not tainted. As a participant in GT Elite events you have the freedom to be an everyday contributor or just an occasional. The only thing we require is that drivers conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards others so as not to infringe upon our overall goal within GT Elite. GT Elite members range from college students, to parents, to professional racers, to people in many professions across the world, with the desire to race with other mature and respectful people as the thing that brings us all together.

Well that pretty much covers the event for now. If anyone is interested in running this event with us you can send PSN friend requests in order to receive invites and further information on start times. If there are any questions about the iRoCk Rally Challenge please forward them here.

Message 42 of 44 (54 Views)
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Re: iRoCk Rally Challenge [GT Elite]

Nov 16, 2010

Looks intresting Can't wait for this

Message 1 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 16, 2010

looking forward to rally racing on new gen console, can't wait for GT5 ! count me in for this and slo-mo mondays.

Message 2 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
695 posts

Nov 16, 2010

Sure thing. Be sure to work your way through GT Life and pick up a few Rally cars so that you'll be set when event time comes. As for Slow Mo' Mondays I'm sure everyone will have their vehicles in their garage waiting to cruise the circuits in the first few days. 

Message 3 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
670 posts

Nov 17, 2010

I was actually planning on hosting a Rally competition myself, a bit different than yours, but yours looks pretty good.

What i want to do is make few randomly generated tracks (do ~3 per setting with a few settings, weather will be unknown), then make notes for the track. The drivers will be given the notes before the event so they can preview them and may also have a co driver to read the notes out to them during the race. Essential trying to make it as close to rally racing as you can. But for what i want to do, i will need to see exactly what GT5 can offer us. I would not want to put multiple people on the track at the same time, unless i could have intervals between their start times, but i would need a way to control and enforce the rules.

Message 4 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Nov 18, 2010

The more rally events that are out there the better off the GT community is as a whole. As for the interval start times that sounds really cool. I know what type of event you're working on getting together and it's a great idea. Good luck with it Dyemonic.

Message 5 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Nov 18, 2010

dang rock, all these promising racers!! you are going to be busy dude!!!  we got your back

Message 6 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Nov 19, 2010

Yes, we should be very busy over the coming months. Gran Turismo 5 is a very promising title and we should get a ton of hours from it. I plan on hitting 1000+ or more. Although, it's hard to gauge game time now I could only imagine the replayability value this game will have in store for us all. I was reading through a recent review that has me even more on edge waiting for these last few days to scamper away so we can get our hands on the prize finally.

Message 7 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Oh yea this is going to be a blast.

Message 8 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Nov 23, 2010

I agree. It's going to take some getting use to though speaking of the physics and the dirt tracks. Should be alot of sliding into the walls in the early going.

Message 9 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes