Fender Bender
3837 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (lNO MORE EDITS)

Jan 13, 2013
The "x" and "y" are just "some number" so it's just "first to win some number of races" for example. Sorry, I'm an ex-programmer type, so it's just kinda natural to me to do that.

Last night for example, you gave a bit of contact so I gave you one when I caught back up. Took you out pretty good there... Smiley Happy Then I waited on you. I was showing what we do.

Race in many of trhe organized events and you will learn quickly that purposeful contact, with the exception of normal bump-drafting, is rather strongly frowned upon... But these are not the organized events -- they are yours, so what you say goes. Just letting you know you need to know that for the future, when you do one of these "there are rules" races.

The open room works well. Just depends on if you want "drop-ins" or not.

That Nascar question sounds like the other games play up turbulance more that GT5. Not a bad thing, it probably simulates Nascar better. It isn't the main focus of GT5, so it's a compromise.
Message 31 of 58 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3837 posts

Jan 13, 2013
After this morning's races, I'd just question whether I am one to be talking about minimizing contact. Sheesh...

I'm sure there are several who might read this and agree... Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 58 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5114 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I know what ya mean dm. Smiley Wink

Andy, you mentioned me when talking about bump-drafting:

a bunch of us were racing Daytona this morning, I was bump-drafting another person from right out of turn 2. Halfway down the back straight, I went from seeing nothing but the rear bumper of the car in front of me, to seeing the front end of dm's car. Smiley Very Happy I guess he had crashed & I had absolutely no clue it had happened until I saw his front end. It was epic carnage. The Big One if you will.

BTW, no hard feelings dm. That's just Daytona for ya. Smiley Very Happy
Message 33 of 58 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Dang! You guys race in the morning? What happened to sleeping in?
Anyhow, I understand and agree with what DM is saying. So decide the best way to go from there Andy(lol, playing till 4 in the morning!?). Sounds like me when I first got the game.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 34 of 58 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
The "x" and "y" are just "some number" so it's just "first to win some number of races" for example. Sorry, I'm an ex-programmer type, so it's just kinda natural to me to do that.

Last night for example, you gave a bit of contact so I gave you one when I caught back up. Took you out pretty good there... Smiley Happy Then I waited on you. I was showing what we do.

Race in many of trhe organized events and you will learn quickly that purposeful contact, with the exception of normal bump-drafting, is rather strongly frowned upon... But these are not the organized events -- they are yours, so what you say goes. Just letting you know you need to know that for the future, when you do one of these "there are rules" races.

The open room works well. Just depends on if you want "drop-ins" or not.

That Nascar question sounds like the other games play up turbulance more that GT5. Not a bad thing, it probably simulates Nascar better. It isn't the main focus of GT5, so it's a compromise.

speak english dm, I don't speak car or races if you know what I mean lol. I may be wrong but it seemed that someone was hitting their brakes a bit hard or its just me pushing the turns a bit hard. I tend to brake when I'm about to go in to the turn, so that's probably it. I never make contact if I can help it becuse that's where bad things start to happen with me so I try to stay away from that lol. but tracks like daytona more contact will happen due to drafting.

F1cheetor, I'm staying up at night again so morning racing can happen for me more right now.

I'm going to take a nap and then get up around 5pm then start the room and wait for people to join. I'm downloading the call of duty world at war zombie maps so hopefuly it'll be done before then. bad timing I know lol.

nevermind about the download, when I start playing a game it'll pause the download and unpause when I'm not playing so its all good. I was thinking computer tech lol.

remember, the race don't wait for anyone once people have entered the track, so this means be in the room and on the track before 6pm est. this is to keep people from having to wait.

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 35 of 58 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Bummer dudes! Did not realize the 6 eastern time. Because at the same time for this year we as a family had a personal time change in something we do. In other words, I won't make the event.
Oh well, you guys have a great time and hopefully I can try to pop in to at least be a spectator. For I will be home 7 eastern time.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 36 of 58 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Sorry to hear that you're not going to make it. it happens.
My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 37 of 58 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
846 posts

Jan 13, 2013

If you have a slot for another driver...I found some time to race.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 38 of 58 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Oh snap pete's in the house. What up man?

btw I made it home in time, I should be online by 5:30

Message 39 of 58 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
846 posts

Jan 13, 2013

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Oh snap pete's in the house. What up man?

btw I made it home in time, I should be online by 5:30

Got all the odd jobs done, and this looked interesting.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 40 of 58 (274 Views)
0 Likes