Dec 20 2012
By: Andy55411 Hekseville Citizen 380 posts

Win my 2nd fastest car (EVENT CLOSED)

[ Edited ]
57 replies 655 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Won by-peyepete

The car that is up for winning

description

this car was given to me when I was first starting out on GT5 as everything stock on the car but then I spent days tuning the crap out of the car. I now have a corvette that has slightly lower HP but still manages to reach a higher speed at daytona so I was thinking about giving this car away to someone. then I came up with this cool idea of making it an event to whoever can beat me on daytona while I'm usng it can sure own it. the power will be limited to near the HP of the car to give a fair chance to everyone to get a shot at it. you will not know the HP of the car till you have the car because the max amount of HP allowed wont give away the HP of the car :smileytongue:

if anyone knows where I got "can sure own it" from please say where and I'd find that funny because you know where lol. I switched it up a bit though so its not 100% like it but really close to it.

make sure you bookmark this thread for latter as I'll update the main thread as things change and needs to be added. the main post will not be edited anymore on the 12th (the day before the race) so check the main post for any final updates and edits. also check the subject to see when it was last updated to know if its been updated recently or not.

simple rules I expect you to follow :smileywink:

No raming people off or out of the way (me included) to gain a spot, bump drafting is fine, just make sure its not hard enough to spin them out or to start lose control

no hacking or any other form of cheatng not listed here

if you're not going to try to win in this event then either leave the room or watch the race

I'll check the replay before giving the car away so keep it clean. Messed someone up? Give the spot back or you don't get the car if you won then 3rd or 4th wins and so forth.

1. rules (this also applys to good friends of mine so don't worry about that)
  2. race clean, that being no raming cars out of the way or off the track
  3.  no any form of hacking or cheating not listed in these rules
  4.  no going off track to pass other cars or getting some kind of advantage get back on the track with care. (e.x wait for cars to pass if they're too close for you to make a safe back on track move)
  5. make safe passes, (e.x don't pass if theirs a good chance of messing someone up like ramming them off the track/lose control) give the spot back if you mess someone up (e.x you rammed someone off the track or cause them to lose control)
  6. no race cars

event details

race track daytona

laps 15

tire wear/fuel consumption off

damage off

date/time 13th at 6pm EST

where my lounge

the race waits for no one so join the room before the race starts

restrictions (anything not listed here you can use)

max hp 897

weight limit-1500kg

driver options has no limits

as a requste from dmcallis is below

dmcallis said "Just rather see the prize car go to someone who might have better need of it." so this means 2nd place will get the car if he comes in 1st and I must be behind you, that being a spot behind you or lower. but the "I'll check the replay before giving the car away so keep it clean. Messed someone up? Give the spot back or you don't get the car if you won then 3rd or 4th wins and so forth." rule still applys. if dmcallis doesn't say anything to me about changing their mind before the race then 2nd palce wins the car, I will not ask if they changed their mind.

voice chat note

I've disabled the voice chat in my room to help fight the lag I've been getting. its a lot better than what it was before. 

you're free to watch the race but as long you don't fill the room where no one else can join the room that will race. the race starts on time and waits for no one to enter the track once people have entered the track and time has come to start the race.

just one more day guys :smileyhappy:

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

as of 10/29/2014 I now have a xbox 360 :smileyhappy:
Message 1 of 58 (655 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Re: Free fast car event

Dec 20, 2012

Moved from GT Series General

Message 2 of 58 (609 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2859 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Hopefully this will not turn off anyone else, but I'll try to be there.

May I ask what HP limit you are aiming at, or do you want to wait until closer to the event?

On the unlikely event I win (and I have been know to do suprisingly well at Daytona - go figure...) please plan to send the prize car to the next person in line of finishers... I don't need any cars, trust me...

Will send FR in the morning.
Message 3 of 58 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Unfortunately, that's just a little too late in the evening for me. :smileysad: I'm old, and will be in bed by then. :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with dm though. Posting the HP of the race (not the prize HP) will help people prepare for the event. There are no car restrictions? No tuning restrictions? Tires?

Don't take this post the wrong way. I'm not complaining. Just trying to help ya out. Posting more race specs will help draw more people in and help with race preparation. :smileywink:
Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 4 of 58 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:
Unfortunately, that's just a little too late in the evening for me. :smileysad: I'm old, and will be in bed by then. :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with dm though. Posting the HP of the race (not the prize HP) will help people prepare for the event. There are no car restrictions? No tuning restrictions? Tires?

Don't take this post the wrong way. I'm not complaining. Just trying to help ya out. Posting more race specs will help draw more people in and help with race preparation. :smileywink:

Ok what time can everyone agree on? how about 6pm est? 

I don't normmaly restrict anything but I do see your point about the HP guys. the HP will be restricted to 897HP. I'll update the main post with race specs

dmcallis

if that's what you really want. but like my friend said you cant have too many cars haha. I like to call daytona my home track. I did pretty well in a NASCAR race a while back because once I got 1st I never got passed and lead like 4-5 laps before I had to pit for fuel because the tirewear/fuel comsumption was set to very fast then didn't get enough fuel so I got a lap or so down.

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

Message 5 of 58 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Oh, you don't have to change the time just because of me. But 6pm EST would be better for this old fogey. LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for not thinking my post was a negative one. :smileyhappy:

Oh, and I think the reason dm said he doesn't need the car is because his garage is full, and he can't fit another car in it. :smileysad:

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 6 of 58 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jan 3, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:

Oh, you don't have to change the time just because of me. But 6pm EST would be better for this old fogey. LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for not thinking my post was a negative one. :smileyhappy:

Oh, and I think the reason dm said he doesn't need the car is because his garage is full, and he can't fit another car in it. :smileysad:

There was a reason why I changed it, I enjoyed racing with you the last few times so I wanted to see if I can squeez you in lol and yet the earlier the better for others to. you're welcome, I'm always open for suggestions so thank you both for the suggestions :smileywink:. what is the max car limit? I really only buy cars that I can tweak to be a beast car and the ones I like. like my BMW for example, its even better than the last time I raced with you, so it'll be a good long while before I'll max it out.

hope to see you both and others there.

Message 7 of 58 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

It's a 2,000 car limit for your garage. That includes Premium & Standard cars.

If you're running it at 6pm, I'll be there. Thanks for changing the time. :smileywink:

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 8 of 58 (461 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2859 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Actually, I have cleaned off a little room in anticipation of a possible DLC around Christmas (which has yet to happen) so I have a little room, but I am really not hurting for cars. In fact if you ever need anything, I am one of those to ask (there are others too, most of whom helped me in the past.)

Just rather see the prize car go to someone who might have better need of it.

897 hp at Daytona, huh? OK, I can do that. :smileyhappy:
Message 9 of 58 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:

It's a 2,000 car limit for your garage. That includes Premium & Standard cars.

If you're running it at 6pm, I'll be there. Thanks for changing the time. :smileywink:

That's a crap load of cars man. at least it wont be hard to find a car when I need one lol.

its staying at 6pm est as long no one else say's its a conflict with their schedule. the same thing goes for my sunday races that starts on the 20th.

dmcallis

ok just let me know if you ever change your mind before the race. I'll remember that. my friend did the same for me when I started out. the prize car is one of my first few cars that I got in the game. this is one of the cars he gave me. I don't really have much use for it since I have a car that is even faster than this. that viper that I used to race DaletonaDave on daytona some time ago.

forgot to add a small detail. this will take place in my lounge. so anyone thinking about racing in this event needs to add me so they can get in. this is to keep people that just joins the race and sits there and does nothing out.

edit

my lambo (picture in main post) is fixed now, the game wasn't auto saving my screw ups, THANK GOODNESS. so now my lambo is ready for the race this sunday.

Message 10 of 58 (453 Views)
0 Likes