Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Interest check, sign up

Nov 28, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Apologies to ice and eci for being excited on the first lap. I bumped eci a couple of times and on the final turn before the straight starts I got way underneath ice. My bad guys.

No apology needed.  I actually didn't even realize I was getting bumped.  Those cars were a handful on Racing Hards.  LOL

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 231 of 261 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 28, 2012

lol  what a joke.  i guess if some people cant deal with some HARD racing i should just keep it parked in the barn.  i though the battle for 2nd was a hell of a race with many passes on the outside and some serious door to door racing.    If your going to get **bleep** over that im in the wrong series.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 232 of 261 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Dec 3, 2012

The SLS at the GP/F track eh? * Buys 5 new SLS cars hoping one of them is a winner * Looking forward to this weeks race. Peace

Message 233 of 261 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Next race Details

Tuesday Night Racing series - 7th race on 04th Dec  Nürburgring GP/F ( 18 laps)

Car : Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (581 hp)

Nürburgring GP_F.jpg 

7th race on 04th December 2012 - 9 pm eastern  ( lounge opens at  8 pm for practice and quali)

Track :  Nurburgring GP/F

No. of laps:  18 laps  with one mandatory pitstop ( For drivers carrying succes tire penatly minimum half race distance on hards/mediums)

Tires : Sports Soft,  ( drivers carrying succes tire penatly need to start on Sports Hards/ Mediums, at the end of lap 9 can choose to pit and change to Sports Softs)

Lounge settings:

HP Limit  - 581 ( use limiter to set it to 581 hp)

Min weight - 1620 kg

Tuning prohibited 
Tire wear/fuel usage on
Grip level set to real

Visual damage -  on

Mechnical damage - light

Penalty - Off

Race finish time- 180 sec

All aids allowed
slipstream set to weak
Voice chat disabled

Prizes:  

All Partcipants get Racing Soft tires 

1st place : GT5 Car ticket 1000
2nd place : Gold chrome paint
3rd place: Sliver chrome paint 

Racing rules and prohibitions

Good race craft, etiquette is expected.  No contacts or absolute minimum.  Atleast 2 wheels on track  if gained a place due to contact  or going outside the track, track postion have to be given back.

No Bump drafting

No weaving in the straight, Leading car is allowed one move to defend the racing line.  Slipstream is set to weak its not going to be easy for the following car to draft past the car head.  

In short clean racing expected

Plan your races accordingly.  

Message 234 of 261 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Dec 3, 2012

These cars are powerful and heavy. I'm a little concerned about tire wear.

Message 235 of 261 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 3, 2012

these cars suck lol   im going to have to race an automatic cause when im around other cars i cant hear the RPMs untill im banging revchip. 

bring your big boy pants gents,  i plan on winning this title out of spite now. 

what tire am i on ice?  you DQed me last week but still gave me 3rd place prize after the DQ was announced?

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 236 of 261 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 4, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

these cars suck lol   im going to have to race an automatic cause when im around other cars i cant hear the RPMs untill im banging revchip. 

bring your big boy pants gents,  i plan on winning this title out of spite now. 

what tire am i on ice?  you DQed me last week but still gave me 3rd place prize after the DQ was announced?

yeah DQ was post replay review after complains.  You will start on hard tires  along with other top two as tire penalty is based on race finish.   

Nice to see you are up and ready for the challenge.  You are fast enough, you don't have go outside of the track .  you can win it clean.

Its not "anything goes or winning at any cost series"  it is a " race clean and win" series.    Nothing wrong with racing hard, just keep alteast two tires on track and watch the bumps. I am sure you are all charged up and want to win this series which good to see.  It will be a challenge for sure with still 3 races to go any one in top 5 can win .

All the best Robot Happy

Message 237 of 261 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 4, 2012

2 tires were on pavement at all times.  i dont race any race any differently then i do anywhere else be it on FF's Exotics, Here, my league open lobby, or in real life for that matter.  its racing not a parade.  if im faster im going by either on the inside or the outside.   When everyone is on the same setup the only way to win is to drive the everlasting *urine* out of the car and thats what i do every race.  i dont come out to run 2nd.

i wasnt forcing anyone out into the grass.  Any dive bomb moves i made were usually on the outside and most the time they stuck and worked.   to say the rules are writen a bit hazey would be fair.  i didnt make more the one "Block" i did swerve to break the draft.  but when someone got to me they went by.  i think i did bump draft ECI once on the front staright but after i did it i backed off. (which you may not understand that being a habbit with ECI cause i have pushed him in more GT5 league races then i can count).

i still feel it was HARD racing not malishoius DIRTY racing.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 238 of 261 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Since you bought it up, i didn't want you to say it. I have Indy replay pictures of you delibrately running 4 wheel off the track  and into concrete run off areas which is not part of the track.  DQ reasons given were confirmed and reviewed by atlest 3 people in this series. It funny how everybody else seems know the track bountries,  rules and  running fine expect you.

Just keep 2 wheel inside the track that means inside solid  white line which is were the track ends.   If you accidently go over by your mistake,  you will have to give the place to the car(s) following behind and enter track when its clear.   Feel free to catch up to them and draft past them in the straights.  Run off areas are not part of the track.

This applies to every body.

Message 239 of 261 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - 7th race @ Nurburgring

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

9th race details as picked by 6th race winner jch8r

Date: 18th Dec 2012 ( 9th race, track and car picked by 6th race winner jch8r)

Cars: Ford GT '06 (502hp)

Tires: Sports Softs

Track: Laguna Seca Raceway ( 26 laps)

(op updated)

Message 240 of 261 (39 Views)
0 Likes