Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Preview race on 09th oct SPA 20 laps

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Tuesday Night Racing series - Preview race on 09th oct SPA 20 laps

Car : Castrol Tom's Supra  '97  ( buy the car from dealership , do oil change and nothing else)

castrol supra.jpg

Preveiw race on 09th October 2012 - 9 pm eastern  ( lounge opens at  8 pm for practice and quali)

Track : Spa 

No. of laps:  20 laps  with one mandatory pitstop

Tires : Racing Soft

Lounge settings:

HP Limit  - 502

Min weight - 1150 kg

Tuning prohibited 
Tire wear/fuel usage on
Grip level set to real

Visual damage - none

Mechnical damage - light

Penalty - weak

Race finish time- 180 sec

All aids allowed
slipstream set to weak
Voice chat disabled

Preview race Prizes:  

All Partcipants get Racing Soft tires 

1st   place : Castrol Tom's Supra 97

2nd  place : Gold Chrome Paint

3rd   palce : Sliver Chrome Paint

(OP updated)

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 261 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Before the series kicks off. I want to make few changes,  I want a vote on type of sucess ballast/penalty to used.  This is to balance all skill level drivers,  we will have more people winning and more evenly match field.  Two types are possible and easy to implement.

HP  type

Winner takes  5% less hp of max car HP (e.g minus 25 hp)  HP penalty after 1st win.  Keeps  HP penalty till they finish 3rd or less in the next races.   Winning two consective races doubles HP penalty to 10% less HP ot Max car hp ( e.g minus 50 hp )

Tire type

Winner tire choice is restricted to Medium or Hards ( can no longer use softs) after 1st race win.  Keeps tire choice penalty till they finish 3rd or less in the next races.  Wining two consectives races tire choice restricted to Hards.  ( Lets not forget one Mandatory pitstop rule,  this will make things interesting)

I am not putting Winners at major disadvantage, Winner will get pick the car and track for the coming up race ( car and track to be used 2 weeks after  so every one will have plenty fo time prepare and practice.  That is the reason for me picking 1st 3 tracks and cars)  Beside the prize and bragging rights :robotlol:

Please vote on which type you prefer and any comments, suggestions, questions.   With tuning prohibited lounge only engine limiter and brake balance can be changed 

I will add Points table, Result table to op as well. 

Points As follows

1st   place = 10 points

2nd  place = 9 points

3rd   place = 8 points

4th   place = 6 points

5th   place = 5 points

6th   place = 4 points

7th and below = 3 points

Disconected during race 3 points

Additional points : Pole postion 1 point, Fastest lap of the race 1 point.

I will add it to op once voting is done

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 261 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Oct 8, 2012

iceandspice wrote:

Before the series kicks off. I want to make few changes,  I want a vote on type of sucess ballast/penalty to used.  This is to balance all skill level drivers,  we will have more people winning and more evenly match field.  Two types are possible and easy to implement.

HP  type

Winner takes - 25 hp ( minus 25 hp)  HP penalty after 1st win.  Keeps  HP penalty till they finish 3rd or less in the next races.   Winning two consective races doubles HP penalty to -50 HP ( minus 50 hp )

Tire type

Winner tire choice is restricted to Medium or Hards ( can no longer use softs) after 1st race win.  Keeps tire choice penalty till they finish 3rd or less in the next races.  Wining two consectives races tire choice restricted to Hards.  ( Lets not forget one Mandatory pitstop rule,  this will make things interesting)

I am not putting Winners at major disadvantage, Winner will get pick the car and track for the coming up race ( car and track to be used 2 weeks after  so every one will have plenty fo time prepare and practice.  That is the reason for me picking 1st 3 tracks and cars)  Beside the prize and bragging rights :robotlol:

Please vote on which type you prefer and any comments, suggestions, questions.   With tuning prohibited lounge only engine limiter and brake balance can be changed ( when non recommened cars are used)

I will add Points table, Result table to op as well. 

Points As follows

1st   place = 10 points

2nd  place = 9 points

3rd   place = 8 points

4th   place = 6 points

5th   place = 5 points

6th   place = 4 points

7th and below = 3 points

Disconected during race 3 points

Additional points : Pole postion 1 point, Fastest lap of the race 1 point.

I will add it to op once voting is done

I think I like the HP Type penalty better of the 2.  One question though, how would you regulate this?  

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 261 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 8, 2012

eciracing wrote:

I think I like the HP Type penalty better of the 2.  One question though, how would you regulate this?  

Its explained in the Lounge preparation below 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 261 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

HP penalty is now changed to 5 % less after one race win and 10% less after two consecutive wins. 5 % less  and 10 % less of max lounge hp which is Dealership car hp ( round off to the nearest hp limit which can be set) e.g in case of Castrol supra 97 Max hp is 501, rounded off to 500 hp.  So  5% less will be will be - 25 hp and   10%  less will be 50 hp

Lounge preparation

lounge open 8:00 pm eastern

8:00 pm to 8:40 pm - 40 mins warm up / free practice
8:40 pm to 8:45 pm - HP checks

Procedure to be followed:

Step 1. Track reset everyone off the track. All required Lounge parameters set Like tire fuel usage, grip level - real etc

Step 2. Hp limit set to the Lowest to prevent anyone from entering accidentally.

Step 3. HP Limit now set to the Last race winner hp ( which - 10 % or - 5 percent of car's max hp).

Step 4. The lowest HP driver called to enter the track first ( - 10% )

Step 5. On successful entry/ Meeting the HP limit requirement Hp limit raised - 5%.

Step 6. Second lowest HP driver ( if any) is called to enter track

Step 7. Finally HP is set to max hp of the car, rest of the driver allowed/can enter track.

Please note cars are not allowed to leave track after HP checks.

HP checks complete ( this will take about 2 mins to 5 mins max)

8:45 pm to - 8:55 pm 10 minutes qualifier session. Only 2-3 laps allowed since there is no tuning

8:55pm Qualification ends - all drivers positions and quali time noted. All drivers wait in pits.

There is buffer time in case of disconnect during procedure.  In case disconnect happens after qualification time. HP check is done again and Cars are lined up based on recorded quali time on the first corner.

9:00 pm - Race start

In case of tire penalty, it can be checked visually and from replay.

Any driver failing the checks( hp or tire) will get only max 3 points for the race and will be placed last.

We will do demo 1 lap race with a volunteer having -5% hp, we will run through all the above steps and fast forward to race.

eci, would you like to volunteer for - 5% hp for the 1 lap demo race?

We will use Castrol Tom's Supra 97 but not the recommended car. Everyone needs to buy this car, put Racing soft tires and do oil change. Thats it! no other tuning is allowed (tuning prohibited lounge so only engine limiter and Brake balance changes are allowed). No need for break in runs. Lounge HP limit will be Close to dealership hp. Everyone will have to use limiter to reduce hp to meet lounge requirement,

Op and Preview race update as per above

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 261 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Oct 8, 2012

iceandspice wrote:

eci, would you like to volunteer for - 5% hp for the 1 lap demo race?

Sure.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 261 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Oct 8, 2012

9pm is ok pending on how long races are going to be....

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 261 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Oct 8, 2012

9PM is going to be cutting REALLLY close for me.  i wouldnt ask you to hold up the room for me.  but i will make EVERY attempt to get in.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 261 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 8, 2012

WhiteyDoBow wrote:

9pm is ok pending on how long races are going to be....

All the races are going to be 30 - 45 mins as mentioned in OP,  I will set the no of laps  when  winner picks the track and car.

" approximately 30- 45 mins with one mandatory pitstop"

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 261 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 8, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

9PM is going to be cutting REALLLY close for me.  i wouldnt ask you to hold up the room for me.  but i will make EVERY attempt to get in.

If I see you online before 9 pm,  I can hold race start for 5 mins so you can  make it to the lounge for preview race.  

Once series starts you need to be in the lounge by  8:40 if you want to do qualifier and HPchecks done or atleast by very least 8:55 to have hp checks done and start at the back of the grid.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 261 (214 Views)
0 Likes