Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: Tour de Kart - Event Info Thread

Jun 14, 2012

I would like to take part in this. However, there is a lot to remember, and it's quite overwhelming.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 30 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8687 posts

Jun 14, 2012

sweet!  I wondered if you might be interested.  was going to send a pm to a few people including you.

yes there is a lot to wrap your head around here, but once the shift is made, it will be simple.  LIke I said, most of what is written in the walls of text are for deciding things.  It helps keep it tailored to the TDF style and provides for ways to deal with just about every situation that could arise.

there's no need to memorize very much of this at this point

what night works for people who are interested in learning some more about this thing?

I could be on most nights after around 9pm, but will be gone all this weekend.  SEnd FR's to Tour-de-Kart PSN ID

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 31 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Hey Ex, just got your message, for sure I'm in!!  Karts are a ton of fun. I'll add that Id when I get back tonight.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8687 posts

Jun 18, 2012

that's awesome to hear

Message 33 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8687 posts

Jun 18, 2012

for those not sure about committing to a team or trying to form one, let me talk a little about what I see would be involved.

bare minimum, you'd want to communicate with your team once a week to talk about the upcoming stages and what your plans are as a team each stage.  A stage may present an opportunity for one of the members to attack one of the leaderboards or win a stage.  If you practice together, you know even more about each other's skills.  One guy/girl might be extremely good at one stage, but not necessarily all of them.  That might be where they should go for a stage win.

I'll use Rome as an example... there are lots of straight sections that will hold the pack together, somewhat.  But there are some tricky sections that allow someone to pick that spot on a specific lap to make a move to leap out ahead of everyone.  Others may watch for a move to take place, and attach themself to it.  If a gap forms, some will try to cross the gap.  Either a breakaway group will form at this time or the pack will reel them back in.  It will be team decisions partially that decide whether its okay to let a breakaway group succeed or not.  The team that has the most to gain or lose that day will likely find themselves at the front trying to direct things.

On a straighter stage, where larger groups will tend to move faster, a breakaway group may be allowed to believe they will win until a certain point, when the peloton (main group) will try to bring them back before the end so their sprinters can go at it.  Otherwise the sprinters will still of course want to "go at it" but it will be for fewer points each.

So kind of knowing what you want to allow to happen and try to accomplish as a team is important, and at least a little thought should go into it each week.

Of course, as mentioned practicing together will always help too.  Knowing movements and behaviors is a plus.  working at drafting as a team and seeing how fast your laps as a team can be, will be beneficial.  Therewill be one Team Time Trial stage, judged by the time it takes the last person to cross the line.  It  will bea medium difficulty track.  Hard enough that you'll have to work, but not so hard that the team will split up constantly.

so while more time probably does equal more success, minimun requirements are probably a little communication each week and deciding whether you need to work on anything as a team.

Team formation:  I was thinking this would be a pretty organic thing.  Nothing necessarily structured about it.  If some of the better kart racers want to recruit some friends that have not expressed any interest in thisthread or elsewhere, that's great.  Or people at this forum who have already expressed some interest could just throw their hats in the ring and see who seems to want to work with whom.  But a team leader, who is that team's hopeful for winning the tour, should be declared and the others should be prepared to help him do that.

3 people who can say they most likely will not have to miss races is requred before the team is signed up.  1 alternate is highly recommended.  Pick a name, a paint chip, and a racing suit for the team and  it's official!

First four teams to sign up get the spots!

Message 34 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Very understandable I must say. May look like alot to read but its alot of common sence. Help one person(team leader) achive the goal. It is very much what I am looking forward to do. Granted playing on a team may seem like it is not for everyone, it would def. be a fun thing to try out.

I will be creating a team for myself. I don't have to be the team leader but we will see once a team is formed. Let's see who's personalities and driving styles fit to be in what position.

Either PM me or just simply respond to the post if interested!

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 35 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8687 posts

Jun 18, 2012

sweet. my hat is in the ring too.

i have an idea of one or two people I'm going to approach to be on my team, but if anyonewants, PM me too.

if team leaders want to hold tryouts or whatever, that works too. especially if they don't have any experience w/ each other on the track before.

Message 36 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jun 18, 2012

ex - I've got two definate people for a team from my league. They are actually on my race team for the league. Let me know when you're deciding if it's going to be teams of 3 or 4. I know I can probably get another, just wondering.

Be Part of the Action... Members from Australia to Africa, covering 7 countries across 5 continents...Register at www.SeeTheAir.com

Follow us on Twitter - @seetheair
Message 37 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Seems like a great series, but I have my Mazda Cup (a roadster TC series) on Sundays.... That could be problematic.

But, that could also be problematic to Gojet and Crow. (as they run in it)

Also, seems a little confusing, but I can give it a go, so long as it's not Sunday.

Anyone who wants to team, I'm game.

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 38 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8687 posts

Jun 18, 2012

awesome.  teams will definitely be of 3 but need 1 alternate for absenteism or standby for replacements if they should need to take place.

to all, help me get an idea of mondays or sundays.  sundays after 7 or mondays at 9:00.  keep in mind that racing could take 2 hrs or a little more, depending on the week.  (each race day with 2-3 stages.)  this will take us 4-6 weeks to complete.

i'm working on choosing tracks(stages) at this time.  some care is being taken to craft the ratio of easy, medium, and difficult stages based on what the real tour de france is doing this year, though it won't be exact.

however without knowing exact stages at this time, I'd say some good places for prospective teammates to practice are Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse (Difficult), Rome (Medium), High Speed Ring regular or reverse (Easy/Sprinting).

Anyone wanting to gather to do some testing, recruiting, practice or whatever, could go to the Tour-de-Kart lounge and start something up.

Race Settings Worth mentioning:

Grip - Real

TireWear On

Damage Light

Slipstream STRONG

Boost None

Message 39 of 67 (75 Views)
0 Likes