Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Sunday races

Jan 22, 2013
I can always change to a letter hour if needed but the time remains at 6pm est for right now until I can more drivers to get a better idea on a solid time.

to answer your question wagg, this is an attempt to slow you speed freaks down to a even level (I'm looking at you F1Cheetor) lol. nothing is permanent though so I'm trying and testing new things and see what works and what doesn't. that's why I think about these suggestions people give.
My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 61 of 85 (266 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5022 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Andy55411 wrote:
I can always change to a letter hour if needed but the time remains at 6pm est for right now until I can more drivers to get a better idea on a solid time.

to answer your question wagg, this is an attempt to slow you speed freaks down to a even level (I'm looking at you F1Cheetor) lol. nothing is permanent though so I'm trying and testing new things and see what works and what doesn't. that's why I think about these suggestions people give.

Just require him to add an extra 100 kg of ballast. Smiley Very Happy LOL! Smiley Wink

Message 62 of 85 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I totally understand what you're trying to do. I'm in for this seris in the long haul. The only thing is in two weeks is the Super Bowl so I'll be watching that and next month The Walking Dead comes back so that's why I said a later hour might not work so well for me but 6 pm or even 7 pm works great. I go out of town a lot so I'll miss some races over the next few months.

In any case I'm just glad to be racing competitively again.

Message 63 of 85 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 22, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:

Andy55411 wrote:

Just require him to add an extra 100 kg of ballast. Smiley Very Happy LOL! Smiley Wink

You know what? Dale has a great idea.  #1; set the grid to slowest first.  #2;  set boost to high for the slowest ones like DM suggested.  #3; put a weight handicap on the fastest car on the track.  You can incorporate one these ideas or a couple of them at the same time if need be.  This is just a few ideas if Andy can use any. Way to go Dale. 

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 64 of 85 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5022 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I was just kidding actually. Smiley Very Happy

But yeah, I guess weight handicaps are used in some real racing series.
Message 65 of 85 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

I'll try that. then maybe whenever you get the chance maybe me and you can race together with same cars last time and set boost to strong and see how much of a improvement it makes.

you sure were competitive wagg, I set my standards low and don't see myself as competitive and I don't plan to be, I'm just in it for the fun.

that would've been funny to see his reaction if I really did that dave Smiley Very Happy

Message 66 of 85 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Hey Andy, if you meant getting on the track with me and giving some of those ideas a try. Sure thing. I can help you test that. Don't know when is good for you and I but I will be on for about a good hour and a half tomorrow right after 2:30 in the afternoon. If I see me on just let me know when "you" want to give it a try.
Laters.

Who said it?
Message 67 of 85 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah I'll probably be on then so see you then.
Message 68 of 85 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Have fun guys with the Sunday races. I am afraid I will no longer be racing with you at all because of the 6(3 my time)O-Clock time factor . This seems to be the story of my life with the majority of events in this place. I really hope Andy's series picks up for him with more players showing up too.
But my plan B did work out great for F1 series I just joined. Love driving the Ferrari Formula cars! Will see some of you in the Monday races as that time is great for me too just before taking off to take care of business.

"Laters"

Who said it?
Message 69 of 85 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Sounds like its a bit crazy at your house lol

update

if you guys stay until 7:30pm est today you just might see my good buddy pop in the room.

Message 70 of 85 (146 Views)
0 Likes