Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Sunday races

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Oh yeah lol. when I saw you say FR I automatically thought you meant FR as in the drivetrain FR lol. sorry about that lol.

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 51 of 85 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3655 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I was all but proven wrong about the Nissan GT-R being the only car used (some drivers showed thay didn't need an advantage...  lol)

BUT

I'll do it anyway.  This warning may not be anything to worry about (again) but the specs do allow a couple of race cars in.  Their down-force will be an advantage over street cars...

There are several this time though and at least a couple are paintable, so it'll be fun with just those if it happens.

And it gives people the great chance to prove me wrong (again).  That's gotta be worth something by itself...  Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 85 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Yeah and I got my butt handed to me in the last race lol. was that car you were using before the last race I kept beating you the car you were talking about that could give the GT-R N24 a run for its money? if so I wasn't worried because I've wasted my money on that car and found it that it wasn't anywhere near as fast as most cars so I knew I had you beat as long you had that car haha.

ok what should I change to disallow all types of racecars then? because I want cars like BMW,camaro,corvettes etc, basicly every day cars but tuned for racing mostly in these races

to be honest, I'm working on limiting some of that getting way ahead quickly so that everyone (including me lol) can have a fighting chance or to at least stay close to the action even if I don't win (this is not why I stopped hosting for short while because I don't care if I lose, its all good). save the heavy beating for the DAYTONA 500 next month ok? I couldn't help it, just had to say it lol.

Message 53 of 85 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3655 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Yeah, I was actually getting better times with the Citroen Concept (electric) than I was in the N24 in practice. Then in the races I just couldn't match it... Oh, well. I thought I had a match for it. As I said, proven wrong. LOL

Try just saying "Production Cars Only). That has worked for us so far. Now, in open lobbies, you get kids who come in and ignore it, but they are asked to change. If they do, all is good. If not, that is what the ole kick is for. Smiley Happy
And since it is argueable whether the Viper ACR is a production car, (nothing says it isn't) nothing says you can't specifically ban specific cars too, if you want.
I mention the ACR because it really is a race car without being called that. I'd just point to the downforce. That's Race Car downforce, not street car...

Two ways, neither would I really recomend. But they would work to help keeping the field close. Strong Draft. The problem is it really messes with handling when two cars are side by side... Secondly would be the Boost. It'd help anyone in the rear catch up.
I hear where you are coming from. I have been helplessly in the rear in races before, plenty of times. Sometimes you just have to aim at "not coming in last". Kinda my philosphy summed up there...

It's your series. Do what you think best.
Message 54 of 85 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Speaking of cars. Were the cars I chose on Sundays race not ok? Because the cars I chose were with the regulations and even lower in Performance Points. It was odd that we pulled away so fast. So I hope that I didn't miss anything in the rules that was a " no no?" If I did, please let me know. Because I don't have a problem anyone telling me I screwed up.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 55 of 85 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3655 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Which is why we have been saying the PP system is broken right now...
If the downforce on a car goes above 20, it's really a race car, despite what it may say...
You were within spec last time, so no worries. Nothing at all to worry about. You were legal.
They weren't production cars though so next week they would be "no nos"

There is plenty of time to work out what is and is not legal. We can all discuss til then.

I'm leaning towards Lexus LHA (?) right now for reference.
Message 56 of 85 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 22, 2013

In the first race last Sunday I used the Ford Falcon. I had no idea how that car would perform because that's the first time I used it. The GT '05 I used next was almost as fast but was way loose and I spun out which allowed F1 to pass me and I never caught back up.

If you want to keep the series to production cars only, I recommend a pp setting of 600. The Exotics series ran at that for it's last two seasons and worked out well. The best cars at that level were the GTs, the Italia, the Lambos, etc.

No srf eh? I'll try my best to keep up without it...also why is only the FR drivetrain allowed? Just wondering..

Message 57 of 85 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Dmc pretty much nailed it lol. I don't mind losing (or coming in last) as long I'm close to the action. I'll probably ban the viper acr just for that fact because it is on the powerful side.

also
dmc will host the sunday races whenever I can't be there to host. like I'll post on here saying that I can't host this coming sunday then dmc will host it for me so the race can go on. dmc will use the same restrictions and such as well, that's the plan anyway dmc Smiley Wink
Message 58 of 85 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I hear you DM. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I feel relieved now that I know I didn't screw up.
But sadly I might not be making this series of races. Oh believe me when I say I that I would love to make all of them. But the 3 O- clock my time isn't going to let me. I am home by 4 pm. Then Wagg can not make it later because of football is my guess. Is that a good guess Wagg?
Anyways, I will keep looking if things change.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 59 of 85 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3655 posts

Jan 22, 2013

PPs are currently broken and do not properly match cars.  So they can't be trusted.

Presently, the only (well the easiest anyway) way to get balanced races is to match Power, Weight, and Drivetrain.  This is the reason for the FR Only restriction. 

Note that the best cars you listed from your exotics series are all MR cars.  The FR restriction could just as well be MRs and it'd be good tooo.  Mixing them would have to be tested.  That is what the PP system was for - to let you mix cars and still have balanced even races.  Afraid we'll have to wait for the fix before it can be used again. 

See http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Update-2-10-PP-recalculation/m-p/... 

for the discussion...

Message 60 of 85 (166 Views)
0 Likes