Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: Andy55411 Hekseville Citizen 380 posts

Sunday races (closed for good) final words added

[ Edited ]
84 replies 729 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

dmcallis is now the host of these events, add him to get in to these races. dmcallis is running the show now :smileywink:. I'm just tired of people suggesting someone else to host these races due to lag that appears at random from week to week or random parts of the race, it just reminds me how crapy of internet we have then brings me down and ruins my good time, its slow, yes. if you can't be happy with I have to work with then feel free to join other race events. I don't mean how that sounds by the way, just saying is all. I've left dmcallis in complete charge of these events (daytona 500 included) if he decides to keep it going. this means the rules and restrictions may change. I'm sorry, but I removed just about everyone that I met on gt5 in my sunday races that I was hosting because I'd probably wont play with of em. just wanting to let you know because I don't want to come off as a bad guy (tried to come up with a better way to describe that instead of bad guy but failed lol).

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

as of 10/29/2014 I now have a xbox 360 :smileyhappy:
Message 1 of 85 (729 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2866 posts

Re: Sunday races

Jan 4, 2013
What kind of car specs are you thinking for these races?

I like the idea of the Daytona 500, by the way. That'll be fun if we can get a good group of folks who will tough it out and stay the entire race.
My previous question is obviously answered for this one by the way...
Message 2 of 85 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jan 4, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
What kind of car specs are you thinking for these races?

I like the idea of the Daytona 500, by the way. That'll be fun if we can get a good group of folks who will tough it out and stay the entire race.
My previous question is obviously answered for this one by the way...

Car specs you mean like max HP and stuff like that? I was thinking not limiting these races as much as the win my car event. I guess you can think of it as a tune,bring and be your best type events lol.

I like the idea of the daytona 500 to but its hard to find people that will sit down and tough it out like I have in the past in NASCAR HEAT and NASCAR sim racing on the PC. because on NASCAR HEAT it can take like 3 whole hours to complete the daytona 500, good times. that was nearly like the real thing because it takes them about 3 hours to complete daytona 500.

its 10pm and I'm getting tired so forgive me lol, what do you mean by this? -> My previous question is obviously answered for this one by the way...

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

Message 3 of 85 (662 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2866 posts

Jan 4, 2013

the last race of the year will always be daytona 500 with no tuning limits.

That bit answered that...  :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 85 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Oh ok. I'm not the brightest when I'm tired as you can tell lol.

Message 5 of 85 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
951 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I am in! However, I suggest you strongly set some type of limit in HP or PP because I will for example bring my Red Bull and take every race guaranteed!
I know you just wanna race because you have stated your enthusiasm to me once before and that's awesome. But it would be better for you to set a class of car like say GT300, GT 500, F1 Ferrari, and sports cars only to MR's only. Any of the guys here can get in a room with you, myself included and give additional reasons why a limit would be a good idea.
But I am in because your time works great for me!
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 6 of 85 (561 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41939 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Read through the hosting tips thread linked in my signature.

Planning a good event well will pay off, in the long run.

Message 7 of 85 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jan 9, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
I am in! However, I suggest you strongly set some type of limit in HP or PP because I will for example bring my Red Bull and take every race guaranteed!
I know you just wanna race because you have stated your enthusiasm to me once before and that's awesome. But it would be better for you to set a class of car like say GT300, GT 500, F1 Ferrari, and sports cars only to MR's only. Any of the guys here can get in a room with you, myself included and give additional reasons why a limit would be a good idea.
But I am in because your time works great for me!

I've been doing some thinking. this bit kept popping in my head and I wanted to know what yall thought of cars restricted to Production cars with a max hp of 900.

Message 8 of 85 (537 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2866 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Sounds good to me. There are several cars which can make 900hp, so that'll be good, but a relatively small number to choose from. Then again, there are actually few Race Cars which can make 900hp...

I am going to try to get involved in this, so I'll be there.
Message 9 of 85 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4511 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Those specs sound much better Andy. Count me in. :smileyhappy:

The others are right about setting some kind of limits. It helps to keep it a little more even/fair to everyone. You can even change it up from week to week, etc.

We're not tryin' to tell you how to run your races. Just suggestions.

BTW F1 & dm, you'll enjoy racin' with Andy. He's fast & clean. :smileywink:

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 10 of 85 (531 Views)
0 Likes