Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: SUPER GT GT500 Series: Season 2 (Thursday Night Online Series)

Apr 18, 2012

Sounds good,

Got my fleet on Nissan's ready to go!  See you tonight and tomorrow.

"The customer is not always right." -Enzo Ferrari

Message 80 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Turn out was okay. Not great but okay.

Not to take anything away from it. We had a blast!

Ice was the man to compete, unfortunately Lonewolf left after we had the Lounge Freeze, right after the first event. He was the 1 that was wooping us during the practice sessions.

Ice got his prize, unfortunately i'm not used to sending prizes out so i'm sorry to Wagg, and RAM for their late prizes. 1 car a day just isn't enough. I'll make notes.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 81 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I hope you took some NyQuil last night Eci! Prepare to finish after second to last... me

Message 82 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Tacos_de_Pyton wrote:

I hope you took some NyQuil last night Eci! Prepare to finish after second to last... me

Haha.  I'm in need of a lot more than NyQuil my friend!  LOL  I'm still pretty messed up, but the show must go on.  Race #1 is on for tonight.  Let's have a good turnout and a great race.  I'll have the room up a little earlier than usual tonight.  I haven't had a chance to practice at all.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 83 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Room is up for race #1.  Come on in.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 84 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Ok I could be wrong here but trying to block someone on the when they have a run on u down the straights is shady. If u go into turns 2 wide come out and r dragging to the next corner don't push me off in the grass stay to the inside or outside and hold ur line no it's not as fast but unnecessary contact is for the birds tone it down a notch . I watched and was part of some unnecessary pushing matches and will push back next time . I drive clean not overly aggressive but I can make exceptions that is all

Message 85 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Juan good race we were making some fast laps together

Message 86 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Apr 20, 2012

johndoe442200 wrote:

Ok I could be wrong here but trying to block someone on the when they have a run on u down the straights is shady. If u go into turns 2 wide come out and r dragging to the next corner don't push me off in the grass stay to the inside or outside and hold ur line no it's not as fast but unnecessary contact is for the birds tone it down a notch . I watched and was part of some unnecessary pushing matches and will push back next time . I drive clean not overly aggressive but I can make exceptions that is all

Hey John.  If you could let me know who, and what lap (approximately) that the incidents occurred, I would be happy to check it out.  I agree with what you said about toning it down.  I saw a lot of OVER aggressive racing last night.  Obviously, contact is inevitable...that's just part of racing.  But dive bombing someone on lap 2 of a 39 lap race (just an example) is careless and unneccesary.  Unfortunately, wrecks and contact are going to happen, and we just have to keep our composure and try and gain the ground back.  However, and this goes for everyone, please don't retaliate intentionally.  That will only make things worse.  I got taken out in the first 5 laps.  Prior to that, I was running right with the leaders, and had a pit strategy that I think would have had me right in the mix at the end.  But, with the spin wearing out my tires quicker, I had to adjust everything.  Still managed to bounce back for a 5th place finish, but I can't help but think where I might have been without that spin.  Either way, it's all a part of racing.  While I was irritated when it happened, I cooled off and managed to regain my composure over the next 2 laps or so.

All in all, a great night of racing.  Was VERY happy to see a full room (no lag) of 16 drivers, and even happier to see everybody stay for the duration of the race.  Great job guys.  Results will be posted shortly.

Message 87 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Question Eci:

Will you be keeping track of the car years, or will we have to use different car makes every race? It does not specify in the rules, and I dont see  different Xanavi GTR years in the results.I don't want to show up next week in the Xanavi '08 and get penalized for it. I used the '03 this week.

Message 88 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Tacos_de_Pyton wrote:

Question Eci:

Will you be keeping track of the car years, or will we have to use different car makes every race? It does not specify in the rules, and I dont see  different Xanavi GTR years in the results.I don't want to show up next week in the Xanavi '08 and get penalized for it. I used the '03 this week.

Good question, Taco.  It looks like the only "duplicates" are the Xanavi GT-R and the Castrol Tom's Supra.  The years are cut off when I copy down the results on most of the cars.  However, I will be sure to add the years for those two cars.  However, if anybody uses a '00 or '01 Castrol Tom's Supra, I will need to know which one you used.  NoLimitBig used one of those.

Message 89 of 436 (82 Views)
0 Likes