Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: SUPER GT GT500 Series: Season 2 (Thursday Night Online Series)

Mar 30, 2012

Good racing last night everyone.  Couple of things I want to mention here:

1)  We officially tested the online bug.  15 people in the room, mics off.....No lag and times were consistent!  So, the series will be open to 16 drivers each week.

2)  To answer Gojets question - Last night, the LEAST used manufacturer was Nissan.  This was very surprising because 80% of people last season used Nissan.  The most used was Lexus/Toyota.  A handful of us were using the Honda's.

3)  Kart Space II - Crazy people!  LOL

4)  The Lexus' were doing surprisingly well last night!

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 30 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Mar 30, 2012

Also, can i add that we should lower our aggression just a tad. There was some questionable moves there in the back. (i'm also guilty of a few manuvers my self).

Other than a few jolts here and there the racing was a lot of fun. I found the Lexus to be very enjoyable around the track.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 31 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 30, 2012

eciracing wrote:

Good racing last night everyone.  Couple of things I want to mention here:

1)  We officially tested the online bug.  15 people in the room, mics off.....No lag and times were consistent!  So, the series will be open to 16 drivers each week.

2)  To answer Gojets question - Last night, the LEAST used manufacturer was Nissan.  This was very surprising because 80% of people last season used Nissan.  The most used was Lexus/Toyota.  A handful of us were using the Honda's.

3)  Kart Space II - Crazy people!  LOL

4)  The Lexus' were doing surprisingly well last night!

I see everybody else doing this, so I will to: EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION -------------------------------------SUPER GT (GT500) SEASON 2 - Join Now: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37564757#37564757

Posts like this makes me happy

Whats up Bill how you been?

Message 32 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Mar 30, 2012

those cars feel nice with a wheel! It was my first time driving them last night. Im looking forward to this season.

Message 33 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:

Also, can i add that we should lower our aggression just a tad. There was some questionable moves there in the back. (i'm also guilty of a few manuvers my self).

Other than a few jolts here and there the racing was a lot of fun. I found the Lexus to be very enjoyable around the track.

I think a lot of the aggressiveness was due to the fact that it was a public room.  We had several people in there that you could tell were quite inexperienced.  Things will clean up when the season starts.

What's up Speed?  How you been?

@Tacos - These cars are a blast.  I didn't know that you have been driving without a wheel all this time.  Hope to see you in the series.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 34 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Mar 31, 2012

If anyone is up for some practice later tonight or tomorrow, I may be able to make myself available.

I know I needed to tone down the agreesive driving.  I made some rather large errors out there trying to go through people instead of passing.  By the way, that doesn't work very well.  In fact, I think I did it to Juan once or twice as I ran up on a corner real hot.

ECI and Gojet.  Thanks for the opportunity to borrow a car.  They felt real good and while I didn't run up front on the road course, I was able to compete at Daytona for sure.  I think my road course issue was more driver error than car perfornance. You guys know what you're doing.  Thanks again.

Message 35 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Apr 1, 2012

We will be having another practice session this Thursday.  This week it will be held in my private lounge.  The room will be opened up to 16 drivers again.  Hope to see you all there.  Those of us that participated last Thursday had a lot of fun.

Message 36 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Apr 1, 2012

I don't remember getting hit by you Iamso but i was mostly talking about going three wide every turn for the first 2 laps. But eci is most definately right  things will clear up.

this season will be fun.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 37 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 2, 2012

eciracing wrote:

We will be having another practice session this Thursday.  This week it will be held in my private lounge.  The room will be opened up to 16 drivers again.  Hope to see you all there.  Those of us that participated last Thursday had a lot of fun.

I see everybody else doing this, so I will to: EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION -------------------------------------SUPER GT (GT500) SEASON 2 - Join Now: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37564757#37564757

I will be there for sure.  Opening Day and GT racing?  Doesn't get better than that!!

Message 38 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Had fun last year. I also agree with the others that sfr should be turned off but whatever. And the 5sec rule is kind of bs if ur faster y should u be punished for it? But regardless I'm in

Message 39 of 436 (120 Views)
0 Likes