I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Re: SCREAM 2012 - Photos and Open Discussions

Jul 13, 2012
I'd be suprised to find someone get under 2 minutes honestly.
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 21 of 44 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Aug 14, 2012

There's couple of ideas I'd like to bounce off everyone, and get some feedback if you please. As we sort of got started talking about - the idea of replacing the Nurburgring 24hr track with Twin Ring Motegi full course for November.

Is everyone still content with the Ferrari prize car line-up? I know dawson is yawning mightily about now; I'm curious if anyone else thinks the same, and will take nominations from the current premium garage assortment for replacements.

Message 22 of 44 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Aug 15, 2012
*Thinks of ways for Edvald to spend as much money as possible.* GT500 cars would be great Smiley Very Happy. Kind of happy my race ended the way it did. Had to buy a new car. Put a random setup on it. Race time came and I forget to mess with the tranny(Waits for responce from Dan) and diff, so you could imagine how fast my tires fwll off.

Proof is in the replay on the first lap at turn 2.
Car sucked, setup sucked, connection sucked. Welcome back wireless connection. You sure as hell weren't miss.

For darn sure going get my PS3 out of storage for the next one. Till next time guys!
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 23 of 44 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 15, 2012

my vote is to possibly include Motegi, but not in place of N24.  I just like that place too much.

and while I like the addition of new trakcs like motegi, I can't say I especially love it or anything.  I like it about as much as Fuji, which is a "meh, I could live with it or live without it" kind of track.

I could personally do without the prize cars altogether.  I haven't  driven any of them, and I've never really understood why people still do it.  it made sense early on because money and cars were so hard to come by, but now that we can easily all go buy those on our own, the paint job may be the only main attraction.

i'm up for whatever, though.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 24 of 44 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Kinda wanted to just change things up a bit. I like the GT500 idea, too bad ya can't paint 'em. Original idea was to send out cars in lieu of a credits prize. Get car or dough - gamer's choice.

Since most of us have pretty full garages, another dust collector doesn't make much sense. I agree with exX, the paint is the interesting bit.

The Motegi thing doesn't need to grt done, was an idea for bouncing. If it flew, then WTH. Smiley Wink I'd rather not extend our season into January if I can avoid it. Maybe we could take a vote on which track not to use if we really want to race Motegi after all? Would be more fair.......

Message 25 of 44 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 16, 2012

or do a shorter post-race one of the months to unofficially use Motegi?

snakeeyes did a camaro race after laguna seca last year, and that was fun to use another car with the same group.  we could use the viper on motegi or something else agreed upon.  she used the camaro '10 RM

Message 26 of 44 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Aug 17, 2012
"Light Bulb Appears Over Head" That gives me an idea....

No need to panic! Thought that if we shorten the last race of the season, then run Motegi for however many laps; the 2nd race could serve as the mulligan for whomever desired some extra points "winks" - and getting all of us together for another race wouldn't be an issue, just need to plan for a little longer time racing (do we need an excuse? lol)
Message 27 of 44 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Edhellonde wrote:
"Light Bulb Appears Over Head" That gives me an idea....

No need to panic! Thought that if we shorten the last race of the season, then run Motegi for however many laps; the 2nd race could serve as the mulligan for whomever desired some extra points "winks" - and getting all of us together for another race wouldn't be an issue, just need to plan for a little longer time racing (do we need an excuse? lol)

Or just look at the calendar to see if any 5 week months remain. A month between races is a long while, no real reason you couldn't go to a three week cycle for a 4-5-4 week month setup. It would allow Motegi to be added without issue. 

I happen to like Motegi, especially the Academy course. The Essess in the Vipers is a lot of fun, much more so than the long track where you add two drag strips and two 90 degree corners.

I'd hate to see the n Ring go away. These cars flat out rock on the Ring. I've taken them out (..awhile back, granted..) and raced 5 to 10 lap runs both day and night just for the heck of it. It's a white knuckle thrill ride for sure.

I think it may also be one race where the track actually evens things out a bit. I'm sure by the end it'll be stretched out, but that one mistake could cost a ton of time. Even a leader out all by himself for all but 2 laps could wind up 8th.

This should be the hardest race of the year, on purpose even. It should be like Bathurst is to the Super Cars or the Coke 600 is to Nascar or the 24 hrs of Lemans and Daytona are to their series. It should be the grand daddy race, the hardest to win. 

But that's just me...

I didn't realize the race was last week, I thought it was this Sunday. Apparently I still suffer from my lack of perception of time and space.

And what's up with the forums...?

Me thinks SONY doth want me to migrate... Smiley Tongue

Not worried about prizes. Never have been. That's why PD made Brie Spec.

Now if you custom paint and or prepare a special car, that's different. But otherwise, don't really need the cash with bobs pockets loaded all the time...

Photobucket
Message 28 of 44 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 17, 2012

we already covered mulligans (a variation of it) with absentee points.  people are getting points when they miss a race, just not as many as if they had shown up.

I'm with Dan that the Motegi East Course, that used for Academy, is the best.  I raced there for hours last night w/ some fishies in LMP cars and had a blast.  I can't say I like the longer course as much as that one.  In the LMP's the laps were between 1:11's and 1:15's, with me being in the 14's if that gives you an idea of how fast "hey" is.

Message 29 of 44 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 22, 2012

some pics from the last race at Suzuka.  I didn't get very far along in my picture taking, as you can see.  But thought I'd share what I have so far.

Suzuka Circuit_1

Suzuka Circuit

Message 30 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes