May 14 2012
By: Edhellonde Gaming Beast 1976 posts

SCREAM 2012 - Photos and Open Discussions

43 replies 268 views Edited May 14, 2012

Think it's a good idea to use a separate area for all the Scream related slightly off-topic and picture postings goings-on. So here's some shots of the Monza race May 13th; if anyone else has some - let's see 'em!

PhotobucketComing to Turn 1 - Careful! PhotobucketMade It! PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Message 1 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1077 posts

Re: SCREAM 2012 - Photos and Open Discussions

May 14, 2012

ahh had a average race at monaco but even worse at monza.

like guys mentioned after the race my cars balance is wrong.

i always go 50/50 but everytime after the 1st pit stop, i come out and its like i am driving a whole new car again.

it wont turn, spins of very easily.

ill try 45/55 balance next time and see what happens.

the car was fine at monaco with same 50/50 balance but since it wasnt a fast track with heavy braking it didnt reallly affect much.

btw great pics ED.

EDIT :

since a lot of people having tunning problems when entering a full lobby, why not hold testing and qualifying in lingue with people who are going to race instead of everyone being in there own loungue.

CURRENT CHAMPION OF 2011 OF NOT WINNING ANYTHING
Message 2 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

May 14, 2012

i always do 50/50 fiji.  for most tracks it has worked out very well for me.  though, I can't say that moving the ballast back wouldn't help improve my times.  I'll be testing it for sure.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 3 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

May 15, 2012

Dan had me move the ballast forward, especially when using a lot of downforce. Balance the forces acting on the car, and it did make a difference. Since there isn't adjustable downforce available for the front, would a little more forward with the weight help? Seems to.....

Message 4 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

May 15, 2012

I've found that putting the ballast back on this track helped me.  And allow me to explain why I think it did.  To me this track seemed to have several turns where it helped to have extra rear grip for the tires when accelerating.  I felt like I could get on the gas earlier coming out of a turn than if I had the ballast anywhere else.  The rearward ballast also helps under braking, due to more even weight distribution.

Rearward weight balance can be a negative when there is a lot of quick left right actions involved.  This causes the car to be unstable.  However this track didn't seem to have turns to upset the car in this way.  So I think it worked well here.  I don't think a rearward weight balance will help on all tracks though (not Monaco). 

Placing the ballast anywhere but the middle only hurts this car's polar moment of inertia - that is, it's willingness to start turning.  So I really think any grip gained in the front by additional weight would only be hurt by slower turn in.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...only applicable if the physics are similar to real life of course

Message 5 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

May 16, 2012

yea that makes a lot of sense.  should have tried that myself.

Message 6 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

May 18, 2012

cr0wlft0fdmurder wrote:

I'd say im done for a championship run lol

I know, and that really sucks.  I was looking forward to battling with you.  At least Psycho is only 5pts back.  I just have to make sure he doesn't finish five places in front of me or one place in front of me five times...

it's by no means "in the bag".

I was really disappointed to hear you couldn't race w/ us.  We're so close most of the time that it keeps things very interesting.

Message 7 of 44 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

May 18, 2012

We could just have a do over this sunday since everyone seems like they didn't have a good race.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 8 of 44 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

May 19, 2012

That's one way to get a mulligan, right crow? LOL

Message 9 of 44 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts