Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA

Aug 15, 2012
If I'm there with ya numb I'll keep ya company in the rear. Seems me and you seem to be close alot of the times we race. I think you are a bit cleaner than me though, and thus for, a bit faster :smileyhappy: I still enjoy racing with you though :smileywink:
 photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Well yes I was a lot slower than those guys. I should be, because some of them were finalists in the GT Academy and the others seemed to have raced with the TPRA for a while as well. I was "off my game" last night just a bit. I could've done better but I was very intimidated and could not stay focused. I have a lot of learning to do for sure. I think if I stuck around with them for a while, I could improve greatly.

KART,
I was under the impression that everyone was using the tune you posted here but that didn't seem to be the case. It seemed like the other guys either A. Had more front end grip; or B. were way better at balancing the car.

I guess I didn't do terrible, at least in the first race. I only had about 6-7 laps in the car so how much could I really expect?

It was fun and great to see some really fast racers. Last night just wasn't my night though.

Thanks again KART for letting me join.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Then tune is a starting point. Changes are allowed. Me bad for not making that clear. And for running slower is no biggie. But the more you run with us, the faster you will become. We enloy having new faces to run with.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Aug 17, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

Sorry Kart...seemed like I was just in the way. I"m obviously a lot slower than the rest of the group. Maybe I'll join you guys another time. 

Thanks for letting me run with the TPRA for a bit though. 

Don't be too hard on yourself tguns. The cars were very equal. With such low horsepower and a track that didn't have a lot of good passing zones, that's a recipe for very close door rubbing racing. If you didn't have a fair amount of practice time with the car/track combo then it isn't surprising that you would feel a little slow. I only had a handfull of laps before running the event too and it really showed, particularly in the first two heat races. I was in position to watch you on track a few times and thought you did fine on most of the course. It looked like you just needed some more practice time to figure out a few of the corners. The esses were your trouble spot and that was the most important part of the track since carrying a lot of momentum through that section would give you the opportunity to set up a pass at the end of the straight. With a little more practice I'm sure you would have found some more speed through that section and that would have made a big difference in the outcome of your race. You are welcome to join us any time and we would be happy to work with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Aug 17, 2012

SSRacing69 wrote:

tguns16 wrote:

Sorry Kart...seemed like I was just in the way. I"m obviously a lot slower than the rest of the group. Maybe I'll join you guys another time. 

Thanks for letting me run with the TPRA for a bit though. 

Don't be too hard on yourself tguns. The cars were very equal. With such low horsepower and a track that didn't have a lot of good passing zones, that's a recipe for very close door rubbing racing. If you didn't have a fair amount of practice time with the car/track combo then it isn't surprising that you would feel a little slow. I only had a handfull of laps before running the event too and it really showed, particularly in the first two heat races. I was in position to watch you on track a few times and thought you did fine on most of the course. It looked like you just needed some more practice time to figure out a few of the corners. The esses were your trouble spot and that was the most important part of the track since carrying a lot of momentum through that section would give you the opportunity to set up a pass at the end of the straight. With a little more practice I'm sure you would have found some more speed through that section and that would have made a big difference in the outcome of your race. You are welcome to join us any time and we would be happy to work with you.

Thanks SS. I'm typically very hard on myself. I usually finish in the top three in a couple series I run in. And I'm not used to a field that is so closely matched. You guys are very fast and I'm thankful I had the oppurtunity to run with you all. I hope I can make time to join the TPRA again, and if I do, I will try to get some practice in the car beforehand. The intimidation side of it comes from the fact that I usually have no problem sticking with the leaders, but when running in your group I struggled greatly. I would appreciate some help with tuning and I need to learn how to "read" the car a little better to help me obtain a better tune on the car. Thanks again.

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Aug 18, 2012

I'll send you a friends request tomorrow tguns. You're welcome to join us in our practice sessions for upcoming races.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Ok thanks. My time is kinda limited but I'll join you guys when I get a chance. Maybe you can post the times you all practice here and I'll try to make it there. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my computers went down for several days thanks to McAfee. Most of us have been somewhat effected by this summer slow down period and haven't been on as much as usual. Been getting on around 8pm Eastern most days though.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Aug 23, 2012

It's all good SS. It's hard for me to find much time to race any more. Between the little one starting to walk around and being soo busy at work myself, my wheel only gets taken out of the closet for monday's and wednesdays. Those are two nights I've devoted to GT5 but even those nights are tough to get set up for. 

Again, I'll try to jump in a lounge with the TPRA whenever I can. It just might not be anytime soon...

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (95 Views)
0 Likes