Aug 27 2012
By: uJuiceBox First Son 5 posts

Nissan370ZTuned(GTAcademy) Car....POOF!!

6 replies 123 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

So, now I will post it here. Where I am told to post it. lol.

I was excited last Wednesday to come home and get my last gift, the 370Z Tuned!!
I quickly turned on my AWESOME ps3!! Clicked on GT5, of course!

GT5 fires up, I hear a special little notice chime, see the little red star on my "community" tab!! I think to myself, "YES! The car is here!!"
I click on the "community" tab. I see that the car has been gifted. I click the "receive gift" button. BOOM!! PS3 freezes!
I restart. GT5 loads. I get to the home page, BOOM!! Freezes again.
I restart. GT5 starts to load, this time says I have to revert to previous back-up file for the game. I think, "Hmmm, my car....gunna be there?"

Nope.
So, Jeffrey M. @ PS Tech. Support, redirected me HERE. (Even though I sent the original report through the GT Academy (US) website ("contact us") Jeff told me to tell a moderator. I guess im ignorant and never knew the REAL duties of a moderator where.
Dear Mr. Moderator, If you got the hook up. Holler if you hear me!!!
Other wise, just thought I would let you know. Maybe there an issue in there somewhere for someone to find and fix. Who knows.

I love Sony! Im out!
Micah (uJuiceBox!)

Message 1 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44745 posts

Re: Nissan370ZTuned(GTAcademy) Car....POOF!!

Aug 27, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, uJuiceBox!

Even if you already had a good back-up file already saved off of your console, chances are that you will never see it again, in this account. Once you have accepted the car, then there is nothing you can do. (I am not sure what happens if you have not already accepted the car, however.)

PD is aware of this issue, but no solution has been given to us.

Message 2 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Thanks for the reply MasterGT!!

I suspect that I'll never own my dream car in GT5 now, oh well.

I just wanted to let someone know because it might help in the future.

What gets me is, maybe I dont remember correctly but, once you have opened to the GTHome page, recieved daily bonus, and you recieve a gift......I "thought" GT5 Saved right then. And then you could continue to game. Maybe I'm wrong?  Anywho, I couldnt open that particular saved file it looked like (because then the game forced me to re-load a previous back-up file, which was present on the ps3 too? because, on that note, I didnt have to load one from outside source.)

Is there a way to see if I had excepted the car at the moment of the freeze? Because it was when I hit the recieve button that my ps3 froze, you know.

Anyway, what does PD stand for?

Peace,

Micah

Message 3 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 28, 2012

lol....its SOO classic too! Froze on the "recieve item" button. Classic! Has to happen to someone! lol

Message 4 of 7 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 1, 2012

NOW IT IS OFFICIAL! I totally got frozen out of my 370ZTuned....because I just recieved my special racing suit for getting Gold in every round! Soooo, is there any code ya'll could give me to get my "poofed" 370Z back to me?PLEEEEEEEASE?

Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Sep 1, 2012

If you didn't recieve the car. You will never get it. you could borrow someone elses if they put it on "share" for you. That is the only way...sorry

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I dont believe you......lol
Message 7 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes