Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: Nürburgring Bench Racing Thread | DriverSports Time Trial

Mar 17, 2012

This ZR1 video is awesome again.

Did you see how he drifts at 6:33?

That corner is tricky I find and my car often drifts there too, and I react the same as the driver, gently slap my wheel too

Awesome! lol

Message 40 of 92 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Concept Car Leaderboard

CarDriverLap timeDateTires
PP
Vid/Pic
Nissan GT-R Proto '05Forgetful7'38.34417/03/12SH512Pic

BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07

Forgetful7'57.11015/03/12SH465Youtube
GTP_Wizard7'58.07914/03/12SH465Pic
cr0wlft0fdmurder8'05.37714/03/12SH463Pic
exXboxfan8'05.79513/03/12SH463x
BennyRabbit8'24.59612/03/12SH454x
DriverSports.org
Message 41 of 92 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Mar 19, 2012

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n601/Forgetful52/GT5%20Photomotography/NrburgringNordschleife4.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n601/Forgetful52/GT5%20Photomotography/NrburgringNordschleife_14-2.jpg

17/03/12

Nissan GT-R Proto '05 - Forgetful - 7'38.344

SH Tires, 512PP

DriverSports.org
Message 42 of 92 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Mar 19, 2012

cr0wlft0fdmurder wrote:

Last one for the night. Sorry Ex, I was always more of a WRX kind of guy

gt5 sti1.jpg

14/03/12

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 - cr0wlft0fdmurder - 8:02.737

SH Tires, 468 PP

****Driving With A Vengeance****
SCREAM GT Event Thread

don't worry about it bro, I like that car too, just not as much.

forgetful, I wonder if you saw my comments about the Evos related to comfort tires.  I'm wondering if in some cases, where it can be reasonably proven that a car is fitted by default with the wrong tire, that we could overlook that?

for instance, Crow's STi run would have been done on a sport hard tire, but for some reason GT5 has the Evo IX on a comfort soft!  I already commented that there's no way in heck to say that a Yokohama Advan is not a sport tire, and the fact that the Subie is on a sport hard seems to validate my concern.

Sure, you CAN run the Evo IX on a comfort tire merely for the challenge, but it's so drastically different of a feel to what the real car is that I feel it's almost blasphemous to keep it on there.  Both the STi and Evo should be evaluated with the same tire and I strongly feel that PD just got it wrong or maybe had one or two evo haters in their crew who got the tire wrong on purpose.  Hard to say.  Something ain't right though.

if we keep a comfort on the evo, it's comparison to an Sti is not only apples to oranges, but apple pie to orange juice.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 43 of 92 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Mar 19, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

forgetful, I wonder if you saw my comments about the Evos related to comfort tires.  I'm wondering if in some cases, where it can be reasonably proven that a car is fitted by default with the wrong tire, that we could overlook that?

for instance, Crow's STi run would have been done on a sport hard tire, but for some reason GT5 has the Evo IX on a comfort soft!  I already commented that there's no way in heck to say that a Yokohama Advan is not a sport tire, and the fact that the Subie is on a sport hard seems to validate my concern.

Sure, you CAN run the Evo IX on a comfort tire merely for the challenge, but it's so drastically different of a feel to what the real car is that I feel it's almost blasphemous to keep it on there.  Both the STi and Evo should be evaluated with the same tire and I strongly feel that PD just got it wrong or maybe had one or two evo haters in their crew who got the tire wrong on purpose.  Hard to say.  Something ain't right though.

if we keep a comfort on the evo, it's comparison to an Sti is not only apples to oranges, but apple pie to orange juice.

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

forum_banner_part1
Photo Mode AlbumGT5 Videos

SCREAM GT Event Thread

Only four tire labels are put on the default tires of the 745 street cars in game, I'm thinking many of them are going to be 'wrong' via some argument or another.  If you've fallen into the nomenclature trap of "sports cars can't be on comfort tires" so much the worse for you as many of the 51 premium street cars which are default on C-s are 'sports cars', and the speed gap between C-s and S-h is not majorly different than the gap from C-s to C-m or S-h to S-m.  Furthermore the infamous R35 GT-R time has been known to be done by the fast guys on comfort softs.  IMO just deal with it - run the car on its default tires ... or don't.

Message 44 of 92 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Mar 19, 2012

19/03/12

Honda Civic Type R (EK) 1997 - clacksman - 8'40.433

C-s 396pp

Ran this several times over the last week or so, just tired of chasing a 39.

HCTR EK 97 - Nordschleife (2).jpg

Message 45 of 92 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Lotus Elise 1996 - clacksman - 8'36.015

C-s 417pp

Fun car, will go much nearer 8'30.

Lotus Elise -  Nordschleife (2).jpg

Message 46 of 92 (558 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Subaru 360 '58 - Gar529 - 16:38.631

CM Tires, 252pp

Message 47 of 92 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Mar 19, 2012

clacksman wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

forum_banner_part1
Photo Mode AlbumGT5 Videos

SCREAM GT Event Thread

Only four tire labels are put on the default tires of the 745 street cars in game, I'm thinking many of them are going to be 'wrong' via some argument or another.  If you've fallen into the nomenclature trap of "sports cars can't be on comfort tires" so much the worse for you as many of the 51 premium street cars which are default on C-s are 'sports cars', and the speed gap between C-s and S-h is not majorly different than the gap from C-s to C-m or S-h to S-m.  Furthermore the infamous R35 GT-R time has been known to be done by the fast guys on comfort softs.  IMO just deal with it - run the car on its default tires ... or don't.

it's really just about purism than trying to make it easier to drive.  I got within 4 seconds of Forgetful's Zonda time, so I'm okay with difficulty.  It's not about getting the speed or lap time, it's about how it feels.  I "know" what to give the Evo for inputs.  I did it every day for years.  I found the limit with its tires regularly.  Simply stated, there is so much of how a car is  tuned that is done specifically for a certain tire or class of tire.  Sometimes, especially in something agile, the wrong tire will make a completely different car.

I am NOT asking for every car to be perfectly matched, only that occasionally an exception to the "rule" could be noted.  I'm merely asking for permission to litter Forgetful's thread with a t ime that is NOT on a default tire, because it is going to be listed directly below or above that Subaru Sti time, idn't it?  The logic of that argument seems a bit more favorable than "well this is the way it is, so deal with it."

An advan isn't merely a sport tire, it's one of the slickest legal for the road.  There's almost no grooves in the tread and they get eaten up fast as hell.  If I wanted to make it "easy", I'd ask for a sports soft, but I'm only asking for the sports hard.  It's not just an additional level of grip.  It's a difference characteristic.  The suspension doesn't know what to do with a comfort, IMO.  I am in no way arguing that everything considered a sports car should ahve a sport designated tire.  I'm merely pointing out an obvious issue with one particular car.  If they put a sport hard on the STi they should have done the same for the Evo.  I for one, don't wash down my apple pie with orange juice

I hope you all can hear the light-hearted but respectful debating tone I'm using, I could find very little to actually disagree with you guys on.  I think you're all spot on about most cars and the overall goal of trying to acheive good times on default tires.  It's a really good excersize that I like.  I just can't, or I should say, won't drive an Evo on less than a sport tire.  It might as well be a mini-van.

Keep it coming, this is how we all learn.

Message 48 of 92 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Gar529 wrote:

Subaru 360 '58 - Gar529 - 16:38.631

CM Tires, 252pp

nice.  that's a funny one.  probably the slowest you've been around there in quite a while, huh?

Schwimwagon anyone?

Message 49 of 92 (558 Views)
0 Likes