Monday Night Racing is a series of scheduled races designed to help introduce the broader forum membership to some PlayStation MVPs, moderators, and maybe a few special guests, who like racing in Gran Turismo or any other appropriate racing simulator (for now, we use the latest version of GT). Think of it as a social gathering, too, so chat headsets are welcomed, to keep communicating efficient.
Monday Night Racing will be an ideal event for someone who has not yet raced on-line before or for any GT fans who needs good drivers to challenge themselves, too. The bar-to-entry will be kept as low as possible, so please join in expecting to have fun while racing cleanly. While this is supposed to be a fun event, we do expect you to act maturely and respectfully to other drivers. We will be experiencing as much different content, including new DLC, features and updates of GT as possible, so these events will also help you to learn about GT, to keep actively racing in it, and to meet new racing friends.
While tuning is usually available, it isn't necessarily a major part of each night. Usually only one car is used, therefore the Engine Power Limiter is meant to be kept at 100%. Simple and fair.
The posted time range is for two hours, but some nights it carries on for a while longer, so you have a fairly broad time frame in which to join in on the fun.
Please read all of this post and the next one, for instructions and tips.
To keep the racing organisation simple and to ensure that a broad range of cars are always used, the weekly events will be a series of general performance ranges escalating through the month (see table below). This will help to keep the racing open for players of all abilities, just so long as you keep within your own capabilities, you stay in your best behaviour, you race fairly and keep it fun for everyone.
Please be sure to know GT well enough, so that you don't hold up the racing because, quite frankly, the more you fiddle, the less we race.
Weekly race details will be in the next post and the event calendar. Usually, these will be posted around Fridays, give or take a bit, as needed.
Keeping In Touch:
There are numerous ways of keeping track of updates for this event:
- come here and read new posts (and the #2 post for all weekly details - it is the most up-to-date and complete)
- because this is a community event, this thread is floated for everyone and it will always be at the top of this forum's topic list
- subscribe to this thread - you can check the box when you post a new message or do it manually in Subscriptions
- go to thread/Options and subscribe to the RSS feed for this thread (or for the #2 post, but that might send out more edits than you want)
- find this thread by clicking the link in my forum signature
- use this link to add Monday Night Racing to your calendar on your cell phone, tablet or other device
- you can add your own timed calendar reminders in addition to the two set for one day and for 30 minutes
- there will be two calendar links with text for each Monday: a general description; specific weekly race details (when ready)
- tiny-url.com/MondayNightRacing (take out the dash...)
Time: 8PM - 10PM Eastern Time (longer is more common, and please be on time for the first start)
Races: usually there will be 3-4 races per hour of ~15-20 minutes each
|1st wk||smaller street cars|
|2nd wk||smaller tuned, concept or race cars|
|3rd wk||bigger street cars|
|4th wk||bigger tuned, concept or race cars|
|5th wk||something random or specific, including some DLC|
A room number will be announced in the post below after the lobby is created. This way everyone can easily find the weekly group without using up your friend slots. However, only so many can fit into a lobby, so please either be patient getting in or don't hog the room if it is always full because others may be wanting to race, too. Disconnections can be a problem by losing room numbers, though, but we will just have to deal with them the best we can.
Room Number Instructions:
- in GT6, go to On-line/Lobby
- at the bottom-left, click on "ID"
- click the "Specify Room Number" button and enter the long room number given in the race announcement post
This allows you to enter the correct room, if there still is room for more players.
General Racing Rules:
- use normal on-line clean racing etiquette and keep contact to a minimum
- if you mess up someone's race, give them their spot back ahead of you
- keep two inside wheels on the track at all times
- no shortcuting, draft dodging, retaliation or other bad behaviour, including foul language or arguing (please discuss concerns with me in private)
- when re-entering onto the race course after an accident, give approaching cars the right-of-way
- no retalliation: if you have an issue with another driver, save the replay and contact me
Past GT6 events
Solved! Go to Solution.
Monday Night Racing Weekly Details (use club number 1003954 to find the time trials)
August: Muscle Cars
On the suggestion of jazzpurr09, we will run 5 muscle cars, during August. This Monday is a holiday here and I will be away, so he will also host this event. If he needs help with the hosting, please give him a hand. Check for the room number at the end of the thread.
Some of the tracks are a bit tricky, so it will pay to get a few laps of practice in. The double-apex left at the end of the GVS straight is likely to send a few into the wall, on the exit, and the Clubman track is in the dark and a few of its corners may need a bit of practice in the reverse direction. Adjust your Final Gear, too, but I am not certain yet that short-shifting will be a big help.
The lobby usually opens between 7:30-7:45 (Eastern) and racing will start at 8, so please be early and ready for the first race. If the room is full, try to attend a bit later. There usually is room for more, so if you get a false "full" error, leave the on-line system and retry joining us.
Monday, August 3
|Time||8 PM - 10 PM, Eastern (or later, depending on interest)
Please get your car ready before you enter the lobby, so that you don't slow down the starts!
|Car||Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69|
|Tracks||MAZDA Laguna Seca | Grand Valley Speedway East - Reverse | SSR Clubman 5 - Reverse | Mid-field | voting|
|Laps||8 | 13 | 15 | 10|
|Max. Horse Power||303|
|Min. Weight (Kg)||1415|
|Tires - maximum||Sport Hard|
|Tire Wear & Fuel||Fast|
|Drafting / Grip||Weak / Real|
|Weather = *||-|
|Time Progress = #||-|
The complete room number will be added to this post after the lobby is created. Don't enter the dashes.
Room Number: 1472-4711-????
I will try to make it, but the time may be a bit early as I get off work at 5:30 PST 8:30 EST and that is when it has already started. Perhaps if you started 10 Eastern then more people like me from the west can make it without having to drive at mach one home
PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
This is an experiment to find out when people can race. Maybe, if there is enough support, we can race longer, so check when you get home.
If players can or prefer to race later, then the schedule can be changed, or we can alternate start times.
It all depends an the amount of support this event gets.
I just saw this event today. Would have attended, but I upgraded my Racing Station to the Black Diamond Edition Racing Station by SWERV_GRIFFIN Enterprises, and am assembling the new Racing Station as I type this post.
Maybe I can attend this Event next week.
Pics of the upgraded rig to follow in the Driving Rig Thread