MVP Support
44884 posts

Re: Monday Night Racing

Nov 29, 2012

I am up for anything, but I will need time to figure out how to make best use of it. There is no tuning of that car and it is a handful to control out of the box, so the right conditions will have to be found to ensure that the event will be fun for the majority.

The next two Mondays are set and the C7 doesn't fit in them anyway. At the moment, I am thinking that New Year's Eve may be the earliest date to use it, but attendance may be a problem that evening. Otherwise, if others really want to run it ASAP, then I can try to figure it out for the 17th, the earliest date that it fits the program.

Is anyone interested in having extended hours for getting an opportunity to race earlier in the day on December 24th and 31st, or are both days just going to be a washout? The evening timeframe is going to be a tough sell for both dates, so a lobby could be opened and you race whoever shows up whenever they drop in.

Message 331 of 2,732 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 29, 2012

¤ MasterGT, I wasn't aware of you having already events planned for Mondays ahead of time.  Whenever it fits into the schedule is fine with me, just didn't want the C7 to miss one of our MNR sessions.  Put it up when it fits the schedule Smiley Happy

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 332 of 2,732 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 29, 2012

SpoolnBad wrote:

¤ MasterGT, I wasn't aware of you having already events planned for Mondays ahead of time.  Whenever it fits into the schedule is fine with me, just didn't want the C7 to miss one of our MNR sessions.  Put it up when it fits the schedule Smiley Happy

MastrGT posted the details of what type of cars will be used per week in the first post of this thread.  It does look like the DLC car would be on the 5th week of the month.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 333 of 2,732 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3786 posts

Nov 29, 2012
And by then we should have the "Unwrapped - tunable" version...
Message 334 of 2,732 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44884 posts

Nov 29, 2012

We can use DLC at other times, of course, but I just want to make sure we don't avoid it.

I don't always have things planned in advance, but I do try, to releave some pressure on me. The next two should be fun events, one way or another, so I hope you all can attend. Smiley Wink

Message 335 of 2,732 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 29, 2012

NumbSkuld wrote:

SpoolnBad wrote:

MastrGT posted the details of what type of cars will be used per week in the first post of this thread.  It does look like the DLC car would be on the 5th week of the month.

¤ Now that you mention it, I do recall that from the first post.  My bad lol

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 336 of 2,732 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

SpoolnBad wrote:

¤ How about for this Monday we run the new Corvette C7?  I'm sure that would be a good time on the track.  What ya think MastrGT?

The Vette doesn't fit the program for the next little while, however I may consider it for the last Monday of December, which is the 5th one. You might want to actually drive the car before getting too excited. Without tuning, it is a bit of a handful. Smiley Tongue

Sport Hard tires just aren't enough to tame this beast with no driving aids on.  Sport Soft was fairly decent, but even still on Nurburgring I got thrown into the grass a few times that I thought I had braked enough to make the turns.

Message 337 of 2,732 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I just posted some photos of this past Monday in the Photo Sharing thread.  Enjoy!  Smiley Very Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Official-GT5-Photo-Sharing-Thread...

Message 338 of 2,732 (66 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44884 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Thanks, Tease3211! I haven't made many pictures of the racing, so far.

It just goes to show that you can get good racing action anywhere in the line-up. Smiley Wink

Message 339 of 2,732 (54 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44884 posts

Dec 2, 2012

The new race details are posted.

Please bring your sense of humour. Smiley Very Happy

Message 340 of 2,732 (48 Views)
0 Likes