Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Re: Monday Special Racing

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

Do I feel cheated? No, I don't. My goal was to attend and follow the regulations and drive with honor. My main goal was to have fun, and that was well accomplished.

It was nice racing with you, Swerv....and you managed to save me from a huge spin in one of the lap.  Smiley Very Happy  As you said, I am there to have fun....don't really care where I placed in the end.

I had a blast racing last night trying to keep up with you guys / gal (but the attempts were futile).  I did manage to "flip the map" in my brain to get better lap times later on (addition to the car slowly breaking in after each event).  Next thing I need to do is to race on the reverse track without driving lines.  Smiley Happy

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 61 of 2,733 (1,212 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 12, 2012

was tuning allowed?  I wonder if the participants were just confused about whether they should have those parts installed or if that was clear to them before beginning?

yea it sucks when people try to fit stealthy parts just for the win.

in the end they only cheated themselves of the respect of the rest of you.  credits really don't matter to most of us anymore Smiley Wink

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 62 of 2,733 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44899 posts

Sep 12, 2012

One of the reasons for me doing these Monday night races is so that I can learn by doing. Others have been able to get hosting experience, while I've been learning vicariously, so please bear with me as I go through this process, too.

The way races are set up and what is restricted varies quite a bit, so it may take while for me to figure out what lets relatively inexperienced players from the forums participate fairly with the least hassle. Having experienced interlopers drop in through the open lobbies doesn't help and the recent posts about creating special accounts may have to be applied.

Message 63 of 2,733 (1,186 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 12, 2012

gotcha...

because you actually want to attract people you don't already know, and you seem to want this to be a "mixer" event for community mods, Home Volunteers, Community members, and random people too, keeping it in open waters may be best for what you're trying to do.

in that case, if you have a PP limit stated, and tuning is allowed, then in open waters it's probably easiest to just say "any and all parts are okay, within this PP limit" or whatever.

in other words, because we can't restrict tuning to fitting certain parts, allowing them is easier than disallowing them.

and likewise, because GT does not have that option to restrict individual parts, the expectation of the random participant is that they only need to look at what PP, HP, Weight restrictions are listed in the settins and then conform to that alone, and not ask about any parts being disallowed.  That's the modus operandi in the open lobbies, unfortunately.  the thinking process is basically "well, the game just let me onto the track, so I'm not doing anything wrong.  if the game allows it, it's not cheating"

It all depends on what you want... mixer with a strong chance of randomness, or a tightly controled environment.  both have their place.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a great format.

Message 64 of 2,733 (1,183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Sep 12, 2012

If part of the goal is to make things easy and to also keep everything fair, why not use the recommended lot?

Pick a car...

Pick a tire...

Race.

Just a thought.

Message 65 of 2,733 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44899 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

I plan on looking at the recommended part, but I just haven't gotten there yet.

Hmmm, is that the list that never changes? It sort of limits car choices.

Message 66 of 2,733 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Sep 12, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

I plan on looking at the recommended part, but I just haven't gotten there yet.

Hmmm, is that the list that never changes? It sort of limits car choices.

Correct, that list stays the same. But, I think there are enough cars in there for you to do what you've been doing just fine. LIke wiz said. Pick a car and race. Even if you used the same car in a two week period, if you used a different track you might get a different feel for the car all together. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 67 of 2,733 (1,161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 13, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

was tuning allowed?  I wonder if the participants were just confused about whether they should have those parts installed or if that was clear to them before beginning?

yea it sucks when people try to fit stealthy parts just for the win.

in the end they only cheated themselves of the respect of the rest of you.  credits really don't matter to most of us anymore Smiley Wink

That was definitely NOT the case. One of the drivers was told the rules. He went and bought a new car and raced it one race like that. Then his fellow League friends came in and inbetween races he added illegal parts then. His redline increased 500 RPM in the second race, so he knowingly added the parts anyway. We spelled it out to all racers who came in and at least 4 racers that I witnessed, ignored the rules and did what they wanted.

I don't buty the whole "I didn't know" thing. Ive raced with 2 of the 4 previously and kept replays from the races. In those races, they would "fudge the rules and regs" in their favor.  It is a pattern that I've seen.

I'm Just Sayin'Smiley Wink

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 68 of 2,733 (1,155 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 13, 2012

gotcha... that's unfortunate.

Message 69 of 2,733 (1,139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44899 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

When I set a room up and checked for Recommended cars, there were no Touring Cars.

Go figure.

When I set my lobby up to Touring Cars only, I wasn't allowed to enter with Touring cars, but it let me enter with LMS cars, such as the Audi R8.

Go figure.

Smiley Mad Smiley Very Happy

Message 70 of 2,733 (1,128 Views)
0 Likes