Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
92 posts

Re: Le Mans Race Series 2012-S (Online Racing Series)

Feb 6, 2012

I think the DNF rule makes sense, because I don't think GT5 can show how far behind you were at the end of the race if you don't finish in the allotted time. I was one lap down after 'tyre wear issues' on lap 7. I think if somebody sticks around and finishes the race they should be awarded points, just to encourage people to stay around and finish races.

I've raced karts before, and most points series I've seen are set up to reward the guys who show up every week. At this level, that makes sense and I hope this series works the same way. It can create a nice tortoise vs. the hare championship battle for new participants (like me) who might be gaining experience and can't yet challenge for outright wins, but keep logging points, thus forcing the better drivers to show up every week.

BTW: I had a great time. I'd like to see a practice/qualifying session of about 15 minutes before the race, but maybe yesterday wasn't typical. And, of course, more racers on track would be better.

Message 50 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Feb 7, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

What's up wisc!!!.  We were wondering if you were coming back man.  Yes, today was the first race and there will only be one race at 12 pm EST. I will have Saturday Practice too (when I can).  Hope to see you in the track. 

BTW, with the new tire wear update, we will be pitting a lot more this season.

Hey John,

Once our 2011 season ended I only played GT5 here and there and before I knew it I wasn't playing it at all.  To be honest I haven't turned the game on since maybe the end of November/ early December.  After reading some posts about the new tire wear (which is pretty cool if it makes things more real) I am a little nervous.  I am sure it will take me a few races to get back up to speed.  But yeah I am excited to see that this is back.  Also, I got to figure out what car I am going to use this year.....probably pick something different to mix it up a little bit.

Message 51 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Feb 7, 2012

DNFs are always placed and scored.  Only people who disconnect and DNF are not (except in times when we have decided to give a place to someone who DNF'd late in a race due to an accidental disconnect).  We also awarded DNFs with scoring to people who didn't even start the race due to some bungling on our part due to a schedule issue or something.... my memory is going in my old age.

Hey Razor,

Glad to see you back racing in this league too!  To respond to your post and JCH8r's post:

maybe I didn't explain it right (which is totally possible- my fault). I know that we have always scored people who did not finish in the allowed time limit.  It makes total sense that we do that.  Some days are just not going to be your day or some tracks your car will not do as well as others.  I think what I was trying to say is that I would like to see us get away from posting results as a "DNF" ( the column where we put "time") It's such an ugly lable to see after you're done racing.  I have't played for a while but I know if you watched the replay and looked at the chart which posted current positions, best laps, fast laps, it would say what lap you were on or behind the leader.  Now that we don't have two races I don't know how important it is that we record everyone's time other than the fact of just doing it.

Dont' worry JCH I am a tortoise for sure in this league.  John, GoJet, and Razor are a few of the real fast drivers we have in the league.  I typically finish towards the bottom, but still have a lot of fun.  I figure someone has to fight for the bottom positons and cause a little traffic for the faster guys .  Glad to see we got at least one new person.  If no one has said it yet, welcome!  I am sure you saw first hand in the race on Sunday but everyone is really nice and everyone drives clean so you picked a good league to become a part of.

Message 52 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Just one race per week now. Originally, we had two race times, in order go get more people, based on which time was more convenient to them. Although this sounds good in theory, there were a few problems.

• The times are difficult to merge with people who finished after 3 minutes. As we do not know their time, we can't tell who finished in front of who.
  • On many tracks, the pack tends to stick together and travel at the same speed. The effect is magnified with more cars. This can skew the results between two races.

Thus, one race time is more consistent and more fair.

Also, I agree with the DNF not being a correct term, now that you mention it. I'll change it to "Late Finish" and/or the "Difference" column at "+3:00.000"

Also, I'll correct the name on the race results. It seems a lot of people hate Razorback, as this is the second imposter we've caught. I feel the same way, though. I don't like it when people spell my name with a capital "J". I put the capital letters where I wanted them to be! lol.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 53 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Race Results from Race 01 at Nürburgring GP/F 24 laps

PositionDriverCarTimeDifference
1John-GT5Minolta Toyota46:56.996
2Razorback718Peugeot 90847:42.275+00:45.279
3Gojet-64Peugeot 90847:42.670+00:45.674
4JCH8rPescarlo C60 HybrideLate Finish#VALUE!

I am using the same table from the end of last season. It is simpler in that I only have to enter the a time into the "Time" column, and the computer does the rest of the calculating for me.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 54 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Thanks for the change in nomenclature. Now, I'm going to have to figure out how to get a signature done for my posts with my car on it.

Message 55 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 7, 2012

The problem is that the GT5 developers didn't foresee that people would be laps down in league races and therefor qualify their time behind or how many laps they were down at the end of a race.  Now, if the GT5 dev team  would simply update this so we could easily score people and not have to use DNF (which I agree, is ugly... though nowhere near as ugly as seeing my name as "RazorBack" on the chart).  But unfortunately, I think their priority is another DLC for cars I will never drive.

Message 56 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Here you go JCH. The link below is were I learned hot to put a pic in my sig.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3356185

But I think you need to have posted a certain amount of post before they let you have a pic in your sig.  I might be wrong so try it anyway.

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 57 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Also, I agree with the DNF not being a correct term, now that you mention it. I'll change it to "Late Finish" and/or the "Difference" column at "+3:00.000"

Also, I'll correct the name on the race results. It seems a lot of people hate Razorback, as this is the second imposter we've caught. I feel the same way, though. I don't like it when people spell my name with a capital "J". I put the capital letters where I wanted them to be! lol.

perfect!

also sorry about the capital "J"; didn't even notice I did that.

Message 58 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Noob check. Is my sig image visible? Should be a pack of Alpine1600's in the rain at Spa. Well, it should be something cooler than that, but that's what it is for the time being.

Message 59 of 400 (8 Views)
0 Likes