Jun 10 2012
By: Gojet-64 Gaming Beast 2197 posts

Le Mans Race Series 2012-S (Online Racing Series)

399 replies 335 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

Welcome to the 2012-S Le Mans Race Series! As the name suggests, this race is for Le Mans Cars. Please read the following below if you wish to partake. If you already participated in the 2011 season, you can skip down to the "Major changes" segment.

We race in private rooms, in order to keep out unwanted strangers. If you wish to partake in this event, please send a Friend Request to PSN "Gojet-64".

Rules

1. Only Le Mans Prototypes are allowed, and all cars are limited to 710 PP. You can only use one car, but you can change cars for a 20 point fee. All drivers get 1 free car change per segment (These DO stockpile). If you are forced to change cars, you will not be charges 20 points, and you will not consume any free changes.
  2. Race clean! No intentional ramming, spinning, crashing, or "brake checking" is allowed. Doing so may result in a post-race points penalty, or a suspension. Repeated offenses may result in a total ban from the season.
  3. Penalties will be turned off, but you are expected to take no shortcuts. If you pass someone with a shortcut, on purpose or accident, you must give the position back. Failure to do so may result in a post-race penalty.
  4. Good sportsmanship is a must. Insulting or bullying a fellow driver may result in a points penalty, suspension, or ban, even if you were racing clean.
  5. In order to keep the racing atmosphere relaxed, rules will be loosely enforced. A few small accidental corner cuts here and there won't count against you. However, if you take advantage of this, you will be penalized.

Room settings

1. All assists will be allowed, except for SRF (Skid Recovery Force).
  2. There will be no penalties, light damage, real grip reduction, weak slipstream, and race delay will be 3 minutes (maximum).
  3. All normal  races will be sunny and have weather change turned off. The endurance  races will use time change settings individual to each track. The  weather change rate is .
  4. The season is divided into 4 segments, with an endurance race in between each. Endurance races award double points.

No rules can be changed on the day of a race.

Cars Permitted

The room settings will be set to "Le Mans Prototype". The following cars are part of that list and will be allowed to race.

Audi R8 Race Car

Audi R10 TDi Race Car

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car

BMW V12 LMR Race Car

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car

Mazda 787B Race Car

Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car

Nissan R89C Race Car

Nissan R92CP Race Car

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car

Pescarlo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car

Pescarlo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car

Pescarlo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car

Peugeot 905 Race Car

Peugeot 908 Race Car

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020)

Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car

Season

Each race will take place on Sunday, at 12:00 PM Eastern U.S. Time, starting on the first Sunday in February (February 5th). Each race will be about 45 minutes long, and require at least one or two pit stops. Each race can be postponed to a maximum of 20 minutes.

At the end of each segment will be an endurance special. These races will be about 90 minutes long and award double points.

Segment 1---------

Nurburgring GP/F ------------------------- 24 laps Results

Tokyo R246 ------------------------------ 30 laps Results

Trial Mountain ---------------------------- 35 laps Results

Monza 300km -------------------------- 52 laps Results

Segment 2---------

Indianapolis Road Course ----------------- 32 laps Results

Circuito De Madrid ------------------------ 34 laps Results

Deep Forest Raceway -------------------- 40 laps Results

Nürburgring 12 lap Endurance -------- 12 laps Results

Segment 3---------

Fuji Speedway F ------------------------- 30 laps Results

Special Stage Route 5 ------------------- 32 laps Results

Grand Vally Speedway ------------------- 26 laps Results

230 Miles of Corde --------------------- 50 laps Results

Segment 4---------

Suzuka Circuit --------------------------- 24 laps Results

Rome ------------------------------------ 45 laps Results

Cape Ring (Full) -------------------------- 20 laps Results

1.5 hours of Le Mans ------------------ 27 laps Results

Endurance Race Info

Monza 300km

Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Weather Change)

Time Progression:

Start Time:

Nürburgring 12 Lap Endurance

Track: Nürburgring 24H  (Time/Weather Change)

Time Progression: 16

Start Time: 16:00

230 Miles of Corde

Track:Corde (Eifel)*

Time Progression: 6

Start Time: 6:50

1.5 Hours of Le Mans

Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time/Weather Change)

Time Progression: 16

Start Time: 15:00

*Corde is a custom track built by me. If you wish to practice on it, you may download it from my Shared Track list.

Race Day

The starting weather will be, somewhat, random. It will be based on the fastest lap in free run so everyone can see it. If the final 2 digits are the same, the weather will start out at 100% (heavy rain). If they are 1 apart, it will be 75% (light rain). if 2 or 3 apart, the weather will be 50% (overcast). If 4 or 5 apart, 25% (partly cloudy). 6 or more apart will be 0% (sunny). The numbers do not cross over zero, so 9 and 2 are 7 apart, not 3. 0 comes before 1, but not after 9.

As for starting surface water, it will also be based on the fastest lap time. The final digit determines the surface water. For instance, if the final digit is 7, then the surface water will be 70% (0 will be 100%). Overcast will have this value subtracted by 60, and partly cloudy or sunny will never have surface water.

Example: The fastest qualifying time is 1:31.758. 5 and 8 are 3 apart, so the weather will be overcast. The final digit is 8, so the surface water is 80%. However, because the weather is overcast, we subtract this value by 60, so the surface water will start as 20%.

When practice is over and race time arrives, the time and weather will be reset. After this, the race will start immediately. You will not have much time to make your final adjustments. This does, however, make qualifying useless. (Perhaps we can discuss a way around this issue.)

Scoring

1st: 60 points

2nd: 56 points

3rd: 52 points

4th: 49 points

5th: 46 points

6th: 43 points

7th: 41 points

8th: 39 points

9th: 36 points

10th: 33 points

11th: 30 points

12th: 27 points

13th: 25 points

14th: 23 points

15th: 21 points

16th: 20 points

Any driver who starts the race, but gets disconnected during the race, will be given 20 points. Regardless of how much of the race was completed.

Endurance races award double points

Prizes

Many prizes of high value will be awarded. The winner of any race will win a Tuning-Essentials Kit, valued at 72,500 Credits. (Full Customize Transmission, Full Customize Suspension, Full Customize LSD, Racing Exhaust, and a Stage 3 Turbo Kit). The top three finishers of the endurance races will each win the Tuning-Essentials Kit, and the winner will win a Level 23 ticket.

The points leader by the end of a segment is awarded a Level 22 ticket. The driver who wins the most points in a segment will be awarded a Level 21 ticket. The overall winner will win a Ticket 1000. The top 3 will each get a Level 24 ticket.

All prizes will be awarded after each race. Endurance races and Segment ends will have their prizes given out throughout the week, due to the daily limit of sending items.

Major Changes

• The points penalty for car changes has been made larger, and all drivers get one free car change per segment.
  • Penalties are now off, and anti-shortcut rules will be enforced.
  • Light damage will be used, instead of none.
  • The points system has been revised for a more competitive season.
  • The race schedule has been completely redone, and made shorter (16 races from 28)
  • The intermittent races have been removed and replaced with endurance specials.
  • We are changing to a 1 race format.
  • The prizes have been greatly increased.
Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 376 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: Le Mans Race Series 2012-S (Online Racing Series)

Jan 1, 2012

Reserved slot

Just in case I need one more

Message 1 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jan 1, 2012

I'll be there for another round!!!

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 2 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Count me in too. I may miss a few races due to being out of town a lot on weekends now but I'll be there for all the races I can attend. I think I used about 5 cars last season lol so I will choose one and stick with it for season 2.

Message 3 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Weekend races are tough for me to make, but I will join whenever I'm available.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 4 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jan 1, 2012

this race isn't until next week right? I really want to start racing again. And my Sundays will be clearing up since football season is coming to a close.

Edit: lol Feburary?! i didn't see that part.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 5 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 2, 2012

Mr Gojet can you tell me what a good lap time at the first race is?

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 6 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jan 2, 2012

Well, looking back at Season 1, the lap times were around 1:45 give or take. The PP is the same as last season.

Also, I think we should find a way to get this series more well known. I'm sure there's dozens of people that would be interested in this. We just have to find them.

Message 7 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 2, 2012

Ok thanks I just need to pick up 5 or more seconds. I keep buzzing the tiers off these cars.

I don't know how to get more people in I've tried to promote mo's F1 series and failed. You could try a post at gt planet.

By the way we are missing you at the F1 races.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 8 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jan 2, 2012

My schedule over the last few days doesn't give me free time until around noon. My schedule is changing in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to join you then.

Message 9 of 400 (335 Views)
0 Likes