Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: Le Mans Race Series 2012-A (Online Racing Series)

Aug 16, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Sort of. I'm mostly just encouraging a totally free car usage, but discouraging the same car from winning all the time.

For example, let's say the Audi R8 won a race. It now has a 3 point penalty applied to it. Anyone who uses the R8 in future races will have 3 points deducted from their score.

If the Audi R8 won another race, it now has a 6 point penalty. Each race someone uses the R8, they will now have 6 points deducted from their score.

I was thinking of lower the penalty, however. Probably 2 points per win is better. I'm also not sure if we should have the "Paths" system, as it adds unnecessary complexity.

Oh I gotcha....I think.  So, for example, if this rule was in place at the start of the season.....I use the Stealth NSX in Race 1, and I win.  Then, for example, Wagg decides to use the Stealth NSX in Race 2, he would be penalized 3 points no matter where he finishes?  Am I understanding that right?  I'm ok with it, just want to be sure I understand.  I would love to be able to use a different car every race.  I've got several race cars that I've never had the chance to drive.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 61 of 173 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Aug 16, 2012

So I'm gonna be penalized for using a car that you won in? How is that fair to me???  Robot tongue

Message 62 of 173 (271 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Aug 16, 2012

eciracing wrote:

Oh I gotcha....I think.  So, for example, if this rule was in place at the start of the season.....I use the Stealth NSX in Race 1, and I win.  Then, for example, Wagg decides to use the Stealth NSX in Race 2, he would be penalized 3 points no matter where he finishes?  Am I understanding that right?  I'm ok with it, just want to be sure I understand.  I would love to be able to use a different car every race.  I've got several race cars that I've never had the chance to drive.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you've got it. Again, it is to help discourage the same car from winning over and over again. Basically, if there is a "Top teir" car, this will probably help weed it out.

It's still just an idea at the moment. I'm hoping we can improve upon it.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 63 of 173 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Aug 16, 2012
I agree with wagg. I know gojet and eci beat me every race. Why would I be penalized with a car that they won with. I see where you are going with this though gojet. What about free car changes but bonus points for those who use 1 car all season?
Message 64 of 173 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Aug 17, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

Hey Henderse, yes I knew about the multiple settings but what I didn't know was that it also has a automatic mode.  The reason I asked was because your hand did not look like you were using the paddle shifter when the gear was changing.  BTW, does the gear changes roughly on that F430?  It looks like the gear were changing very roughly to me from your video, or is it simply just because of the huge power difference between no gas vs a little gas?

Also, about this driving event.  Why are they using a Mustang for a pace car? They should use a faster car is what I mean.  From watching your video, yes it did look like you could of pass the pace car.

Now, about driving a real F430 vs driving in GT5's F430.  Other than the g-forces, the smell, and other obvious real life differences.  Is the "in cockpit view" looks just as good in GT5? Is the view angle looking from the cockpit out in GT5 the same as real one?  Did the distance covered when accelerating feels the same as in real life F430?  Sound wise, did the tire squeaking sound when turning sounds the same as real life? Did the engine sound sounded the same wile driving?  After watching your video, I watched few other youtube's video on F430, then I got in the GT5's stock F430 to hear the engine sound.  I was disappointed.  The engine in GT5 sounded higher pitch than in real life. Or is this just my stereo system?

Anyway.  Thanks so much for sharing your experience with all of us.

The shifting was smooth and fast, but when you touch the gas it really jumps.  I was trying to pepper the gas in the curves, and it kept jumping on me.  

They used the Mustang as a pace car because they needed to keep our speeds down for insurance and safety equipment purposes. It was actually difficult to keep pace on the first lap because I was unfamilliar with the course.

Now, about driving a real F430 vs driving in GT5's F430. The cockpit view is very good in GT5, I wish that there was a little more head jerking in the game, it would add to the feel.  The biggest difference is the sound.  That is GT5's biggest failing in my openion.  You can tell that for some cars they really did a good job on the engine sound, but for most of them they had to simulate them.  Understandable with so many cars to develop, but from what I've heard, Forza really did a good job in that aspect.  Not that I would chose Forza over GT5, but I do wish GT5 had beeter sound.  It really does add a lot to the realism.  I have to say, driving the real F430, the sound was a huge component of the experience.  The Ferrari made the Lambo sound like a honda by comparison on the real track.  

All and all, I have to say that GT5 is an excellent driving simulator, and the driving instructors actually commented that I did very well for a first time driver.  The skills we use in GT5 translate very easily to the real track.  The biggest difference is the sound in my opinion.  The G-Force does aid in giving you a better feel than the game, but all in all GT5 is an amazingly good simulator.  I can't wait to see what GT6 will have to offer.  I am going to pre order my artificial graviton g-seat now!

See you Sunday! 

Message 65 of 173 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Aug 17, 2012

**bleep**?  how is that fair to anyone?  i get if you use the same car yourself but not only do we now have to keep track of EVERY winning car, but now everyone else will loose 3 points if the use the minolta?   no way is that fair jet.  easiest way to encourage different cars is like how ECI does with FF.  you may only use a car once per "segment"

really all your system will do is keep the elite drivers at the top using up good cars while everyone else not only has to use something less competitive but if they choose to use the car they are punished for someone elses success...  i get what your trying to do but come on man there has to be a easier and more fair way to do this 

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 66 of 173 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Okay okay, sheesh. I can see this weak point. Give me some time to brainstorm a solution.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 67 of 173 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Message 68 of 173 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Aug 19, 2012

use a car once per segment,  simple

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 69 of 173 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Aug 19, 2012
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it today
Message 70 of 173 (201 Views)
0 Likes