Wastelander
688 posts

Re: Le Mans Race Series 2012-A (Online Racing Series)

Jul 22, 2012

Okay, I was testing this morning in Gojet's lounge. I used Nurb GP/F track and mainly I was testing the LMGT cars.  Now, IMO for sure we need to set a PP limit soon or else these car's performance varies quite a lot.  So I used wisc's DTM PP limit of 600pp.  Why 600pp?, well the Audi's A4 or TT touring have a max pp at about 600 (give or take few b/c I did not use full downforce), and the Gillet's car (I forgot the exact name,but it's yellow in color) has so much HP that I had to add a lot of weight to lower the PP down to 600.  Therefore, 600 pp seems to be a good limit to level out the performances of these LMGT cars.  So, after testing 6 LMGT cars this morning using 600 pp limit, all 6 car's time were within 1 sec difference (my driving is not the best but I was driving very consistency between these cars).

Anyway, what should the PP limit be for the LMGT Gojet? We can always just start with something so that everybody can at least use it as a starting guide line to test with.

Also, are we still going to have a test race next Sunday?

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 11 of 173 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Sorry I could not make it to the testing session today. Real life stepped in on short notice.

I was considering around 600 PP for LMGT cars. However, spxshark's race had GT cars set to 670 PP. I was hoping to strike somewhere in the middle, but 600 PP would be a good limit for now.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 12 of 173 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

I can't wait!  I just hope I'm not too rusty.  I imagine you guys have gotten a lot faster since I last raced in 2011.  I hope to see you Sunday for the practice. By "Le Mans" full race test July 29th did you mean to say "Le Sarthe" Go-Jet? 

John GT-5 brings up a good question.  If we are able to change between LMP and GT from race to race, will the points from each class be divided?

Speaking of needing to change one's signature line...

Message 13 of 173 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Yes, drivers may freely switch between both classes. This carries it's own penalty of not being competetive in either class, anyway.

Message 14 of 173 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Anybody interested in some Le Mans testing this Saturday morning? I should be testing some LMP's this Saturday morning and I should be in my lounge at about 10:30 or 11 am EST. See you there if anybody can make it.

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 15 of 173 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Sorry I can't make it to this practice session. I'm getting some stuff rearranged, and should be able to make it to the first race, and hopefully most of the races this season. I feel awful not being able to garuntee I make it to every race.

Feel free to practice without me. Let me know how the full race test session works out. Cars used, performance differences, and the such.

We'll try 600 PP for GT cars for now. I want to make it higher, but that's what test sessions are for.

Message 16 of 173 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Okay guys. lets practice in Gojet's lounge. I'll be there in about 10 min. See you all in the track!

Message 17 of 173 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 31, 2012

@ Gojet:  Is the race starting this Sunday, August 5th?

@ Everyone:  I think most of us will be racing in the LMGT class, and thus only one or two will be in the LMP class.  Lets get a idea of how many of us will be racing in what class and therefore this should help the racer who still are in the undecided group.

I will be racing in the LMGT.  The only reason I will switch to LMP is if I can find a LMP car that I prefer to drive before the race starts. 

Message 18 of 173 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jul 31, 2012

Yes, the race will be starting this next sunday.

I will use whichever class has fewer racers for any particular race.

Message 19 of 173 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Sorry everybody, i will not make it to this Sundays series opening race. Have fun and see you all in the track next Sunday.

Message 20 of 173 (216 Views)
0 Likes