Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 16 2012
By: Gojet-64 Gaming Beast 2196 posts

Le Mans Race Series 2012-A (Online Racing Series)

[ Edited ]
172 replies 1639 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

Welcome to the 2012-A Le Mans Race Series! As the name suggests, this race is for Le Mans Cars. Please read the following below if you wish to partake. If you already participated in the 2012-S season, you can skip down to the "Major Changes" segment.

We race in private rooms, in order to keep out unwanted strangers. If you wish to partake in this event, please send a Friend Request to PSN account "Gojet-64".

If this is overwhelming, feel free to ask us any questions.

Short Version

• Race in either the LMP Class (Limited to 710 PP) or the GT Class (Limited to 625 PP).
  • We race every Sunday at Noon Eastern time. Races are about 45 minutes long, Endurance Specials are 90 minutes long.
  • Race clean, don't take shortcuts.
  • Be aware of cars of the other class. Mind the large speed difference between them.

For the most part, this is all you really need to know. Keep reading below for detailed info.

Rules

1. The race is divided into two classes: LMP and GT. The LMP class will be limited to 710 PP, while the GT class will be limited to 625 PP. Drivers must use a different car for each race in a Segment. Using the same car more than once in a Segment will result in half points. However, car choice is unlimited for Endurance races.
  2. Drivers may freely change between LMP and GT from race to race. Drivers may score points in each class.
  3. Race clean! No intentional ramming, crashing, slamming, or "Brake-Check¡ng" is allowed. Doing so may result in a post-race points penalty, or a suspension. Repeated offenses may result in a total ban from the season.
  4. Penalties will be turned off, but you are expected to take no shortcuts. If you pass someone with a shortcut, on purpose or accident, you must give the position back. Failure to do so may result in a post-race penalty.
  5. All drivers (Both LMP and GT) must complete at least 70% of the race winner's distance, and complete at least 3 sectors during the race end countdown, in order to be classified as finishing.
  6. Good sportsmanship is a must. Insulting or bullying a fellow driver may result in a points penalty, suspension, or ban, even if you were racing clean.
  7. In order to keep the racing atmosphere relaxed, rules will be loosely enforced. A few small accidental corner cuts here and there won't count against you. However, if you take advantage of this, you will be penalized.
  8. The season is divided into 4 segments, with an endurance race at the end of each. Endurance races award double points.

No rules can be changed on the day of a race.

LMP-GT Interactions

Because of the speed differences between LMP and GT, drivers of both classes are expected to avoid hindering each others' races.

GT drivers should always be prepared to yield their position to faster LMP cars, especially on straits. LMP drivers should always remain aware of GT drivers. LMP drivers do not have the right to ignore GT drivers.

However, no matter how much emphasis is placed on LMP and GT drivers staying aware of each other, accidents will happen throughout the season. As mentioned above, bad-talking other drivers is not desirable.

Cars Permitted

The GT class will be open to any race car, to ensure simplicity. This includes RM cars, DLC touring cars, as well as race cars from other racing series'.

The following cars will be allowed to race in the LMP class.

Audi R8 Race Car

Audi R10 TDi Race Car

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car

BMW V12 LMR Race Car

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car

Mazda 787B Race Car

Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car

Nissan R89C Race Car

Nissan R92CP Race Car

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car

Pescarlo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car

Pescarlo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car

Pescarlo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car

Peugeot 905 Race Car

Peugeot 908 Race Car

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020)

Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car

Season

Each race will take place on Sunday, at 12:00 PM Eastern U.S. Time, starting on the first Sunday in August (August 5th). Each race will be about 45 minutes long, and require at least one or two pit stops. Each race can be postponed to a maximum of 20 minutes.

At the end of each segment will be an endurance special. These races will be about 90 minutes long and award double points.

Optional Test Sessions

July 22nd ------- Free run and short races

July 29th ------- Full race test (Le Mans 12 laps)

Segment 1---------

Autodromo Nazionale de Monza ---------- 26 laps Results

Rome ---------------------------------- 45 laps Results

Cape Ring (full) ------------------------- 20 laps Results

Suzuka 280 km------------------------ 48 laps Results

Segment 2---------

Fuji Speedway F ------------------------ 30 laps Results

Special Stage Route 5 ------------------ 32 laps Results

Daytona Road Course ------------------- 25 laps Results

Nürburgring 12 Lap Endurance -------- 12 laps Results

Segment 3---------

Nürburgring GP/F ----------------------- 35 laps Results

Tokyo R246 ---------------------------- 30 laps

Grand Valley Speedway ----------------- 40 laps

200 Miles of Spa ---------------------- 46 laps

Segment 4---------

Indianapolis Oval ----------------------- 60 laps

Circuito de Madrid ---------------------- 34 laps

Twin Ring Motegi ----------------------- 25 laps

1.5 hours of Le Mans ------------------ 25 laps

Endurance Race Info

Suzuka 280km

Track: Suzuka Circuit (Weather Change)

Time Progression: N/A

Start Time: N/A

Nürburgring 12 Lap Endurance

Track: Nürburgring 24H (Time/Weather Change)

Time Progression: 16

Start Time: 16:00

200 Miles of Spa

Track: Circuit de Spa Franchorchamps (Weather Change)

Time Progression: N/A

Start Time: N/A

1.5 Hours of Le Mans

Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time/Weather Change)

Time Progression: 16

Start Time: 15:00

DLC compensation

Due to the fact that some players do not have the Spa or Motegi DLC, only the top 11 normal race scores, and the top 3 endurance race scores, will be counted.

That is, if you take part in every race, your lowest score of each race type will be dropped.

This will keep the championship standings fair for everyone, whether they have DLC or not.

Holidays

The following days will be skipped due to holidays occurring at that date.

Septempber 2nd (Labor Day, Monday)

November 11th (Veterans Day)

Race Day

Upon room creation, drivers are free to practice for the length of the session until the race. There will be no PP limit during practice. (Although it is recommended that you practice with the PP you'll be racing with).

15 minutes before race start, The PP limit will be set to 625 to let the GT Class cars in, then set to 710 for the LMP Class. A 10 minute free-qualifying session will then take place.

For the Nürburgring endurance, these times will be 10 minutes earlier, due to the much longer laps. Once race time arrives, the race will begin. Races can be delayed for up to 20 minutes upon request of a racer.

Room Settings

1. All assists will be allowed, except for SRF (Skid Recovery Force).

2. There will be no penalties, light damage, real grip reduction, weak slipstream, and race delay will be 3 minutes (maximum).

3. All normal races will be sunny and have weather change turned off. The endurance races will be based on the real-life weather at that track, with the weather changeability set to 0.

Scoring

Points will be awarded based on where drivers finished in their class.

1st: 60 points

2nd: 56 points

3rd: 52 points

4th: 49 points

5th: 46 points

6th: 43 points

7th: 41 points

8th: 39 points

9th: 36 points

10th: 33 points

11th: 30 points

12th: 27 points

13th: 25 points

14th: 23 points

15th: 21 points

16th: 20 points

Any driver who starts the race, but gets disconnected during the race, will be given 20 points. Regardless of how much of the race was completed.

Endurance races award double points.

Prizes

Many prizes of high value will be awarded. The class winner of any race will win a Tuning-Essentials Kit, valued at 72,500 Credits. (Full Customize Transmission, Full Customize Suspension, Full Customize LSD, Racing Exhaust, and a Stage 3 Turbo Kit).

The top three finishers in each class of the endurance races will each win a random suit and helmet, and the class winner will win a Level 23 ticket. The points leader of their class by the end of a segment is awarded a Level 22 ticket.

The overall winner of each class will win a Ticket 1000. The top 3 will each get a Level 24 ticket.

Also, any driver who starts the race will be given a set of Racing Soft Tyres.

All prizes will be awarded after each race. Endurance races and Segment ends will have their prizes given out throughout the week, due to the daily limit of sending items.

Major Changes

• Added GT class

• Race schedule revised to include more Real-World circuits

• Added DLC tracks, and score compensation for those who don't have the required DLC.

• Prizes revised

• Weather is no longer random

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 1 of 173 (1,639 Views)
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

Race Results

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Results from Nürburgring GP/F: 35 laps

PositionDriverCarTimeDifference
1Gojet-64Peugeot 9081:03:32.420 
2John-GT5Nissan R92CP1:05:38.778+02:06.358
3agent_geffAudi R8Late Finish 
4NoLimitBigToyota TS020DNF 

Message 2 of 173 (1,638 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

LMP Class Leaderboard

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012
RankDriverCarPointsDifference
1NoLimitBigNissan R89C494 
2John-GT5Nissan R92CP437-57
3Gojet-64Toyota TS020412-82
4L_Keniston_13kPeugeot 908272-222
5WAGG__da__DOGGMazda 787B204-290
6henderseMercedes C9176-318
7agent_geffAudi R852-442
8RAMJET53Toyota GT-ONE40-454

Message 3 of 173 (1,637 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

GT Class Leaderboard

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012
RankDriverCarPointsDifference
1WAGG__da__DOGGNissan GT-R GT500188 
2Gojet-64Nissan Skyline R34 TC180-8
3JCH8rDodge Viper CTS-R125-63
4eciraingHonda NSX GT500120-68
5wiscR56Chevrolet Corvette112-76
6henderseFord GT LM52-136

Message 4 of 173 (1,636 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Re: GT Class Leaderboard

Jul 16, 2012

im in,  i dont like that you have to run one car all year tho.  would like to see it set where you have to change the car up a little bit

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 5 of 173 (1,623 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

Le Mans Race Series 2012-A (Online Racing Series)

Jul 17, 2012

Yeah, I was thinking of changing the system, in that people can freely change cars, rather than be stuck with one.

I was considering adding a system that would not necessarily force you to change cars, but rather encourage it.

It would work similar to a success ballast. I was thinking that, each time a particular car wins a race, it receives a 1 point penalty for each future race. If the car wins 2 races, it's a 2 points penalty per future race, and so on.

Message 6 of 173 (1,614 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: Le Mans Race Series 2012-A (Online Racing Series)

Jul 17, 2012

Hey Gojet.  Glad to see you decided to go wtih the 2 classes.  Sounds fun.  I should be able to make this again.  I think I'll probably try GT class this time.  

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 7 of 173 (1,606 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Hey Gojet count me in!  I think this will be my third Le Mans season and I am looking forward to it.  Not sure if I want to run LMP cars or GT cars, either way it should be a lot of fun.  I wished the emphasis would be placed on trying to only run 1 car for the whole season or how you have had it in the past where everyone gets one free car change, but that's just my thought.  Your series your rules, I'll be there either way.

Unfortunately I know I will not be able to make both test sessions as I will be gone both of those Sundays.  Too, bad that would have been a great time to test different cars with everyone else. 

Message 8 of 173 (1,598 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I'm in. although I likely won't be able to make any races til late September.

Message 9 of 173 (1,580 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 19, 2012

All right!  Lets Get It On!!! :smileywink:

Count me in for another season.  I don't know which cars to use yet, but I will for sure use one LMP and one LMGT (if this is the right way to call it) for the entire race.

Question, we are okay to switch classes during the season.  How will the scoring work then?  If a driver switches back and forth between classes, does the driver gets two (LMP & LMGT) score lists?  If two class scoring for the season, then at the end of season, there will be two 1st place winner right?  If this is the case, then If winning the series is important for anybody, then you must stay with the class you start right?

Got to change my sig soon man. LOL

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 10 of 173 (1,573 Views)
0 Likes