Oct 06 2012
By: dlrws6 Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Group C Oval Series Round 1 11-7

5 replies 308 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Its been a very long while since I've posted but over at the tuna forums myself a few others have come up with an awesome and highly competitive oval series using GT5s Group C cars from the late 80s and 90s. The series uses all 4 oval tracks and is a stepping stone to a possible larger/longer road race series using the same cars. We are trying to fill as many spots on the grid as possible and are looking for a few good/clean racers to complete the field.  If you're interested feel free to respond below, send a PM or Friend request to dlrws6 or join the original discussion at the following link.  click here

We are looking for season long participants but if any one wants to just run one or a few of the races, let us know, we'll try and accommodate every one who wants to race.

Obviously your probably thinking/asking who, what, where and when and maybe even why. For answers to some of those questions and details about the race and series please keep on reading. 

banner

The Oval Series Without a Cool or Funny Name

Round 1: Daytona

Date: Wednesday November 7th @ 9pm Eastern - ~10 minutes of qualifying with green flag at ~9:10pm

The races will be about 1 and a half hours long .

1. Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps) November 7th

2. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway (167 laps)  December 5th

3. Route X (12 laps) (No Damage)(No Cautions)  January 9th

4. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (100 laps)  February 6th

Heavy Damage

Weak Draft

Fuel & Tire wear on

All racing tires

No Bump Drafting

Cautions will be standard Tuna approved oval cautions. Pace speed is 100mph, Race back to the start/finish line, run 1 lap for single car accidents, 3 laps for multi-car accidents. Any one can call a caution. Pit road is always open. Restart is at the Start/Finish line. Race leader, if possible, please call out lap count (Ex: 2 to go, 1 to go, coming to green, or similar)

The following cars are eligible for the series. Other than what is stated below tuning and all part upgrades are approved.

All cars set to 900kg.  

Nissan R92CP (716hp)

Nissan R89C (750hp)

Sauber Mercedes C9 (725hp)

Toyota 88CV (719hp) Mazda 787B (standard, premium and stealth) (677hp)

Jaguar XJR-9 LM (standard and premium) (744hp)

Peugeot 905 (748hp)

Please sign up and declare your car. Season long participants will have event positions reserved. If we have open grid slots any one wanting to join in for a single event will be welcome to join in.

Points will be awarded for pole position and finishing position.

+ The Eco challenge: 3 bonus points and a 1000 ticket to the highest finishing car that makes no pit stops* and 1 bonus point to any other racer who completes a race without stopping. With the series champ receiving a prize car or ticket.

*subject to replay review, racers must maintain race pace. No stopping on track, no pit stop for damage, tires or fuel. (I make no guarantee that this is a possible accomplishment in any or all of the events)

Pole - 1 point

1st - 16 points

2nd - 15 points ... 16th - 1 point

Participants (Cars)

1. dlrws6 (R92CP)

2. LastLeafFan (905)

3. AgentWD40-FL (TBD)

4. Dudetuna (C9)

5. WolfpackS2k (TBD)

6. TurboTuna (maybe)(TBD)

Message 1 of 6 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: Group C Oval Series Round 1 11-7

Oct 8, 2012

hey, good luck with the series!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 6 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Oct 23, 2012

I wouldn't mind joining, just the fact of how to get some of these cars....

If I can grab one of these cars I will definitely join. I'll send a FR later for I don't have the time to start up the PS3.

See ya on the track.

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 3 of 6 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Sorry for not responding sooner. I took a week of from gaming to work around the house.  You are certainly welcome to join in. I'll keep an eye out for the friend request.  We might can help with the car situation.  Several of us have extra level 23 tickets to share. Also if you have the credits the Mazda 787B and Jaguar XJR-9 are both available in the New car lot.

Also for all that are interested or just want to try it out. We are doing a couple of small practice races tonight. Wed. 24th @ 9pm eastern in my (dlrws6 lounge). Any and all are welcome to join.  These cars do not really need much tuning so any one that joins we can help get you up to speed quickly.

Message 4 of 6 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I tend to forget about some of my cars, I have the Jaguar XJR-9. So, when I get a chance I will send a friend request. And no problem with long repond. I'm kinda all over the place too.

Message 5 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Nevermind, I'm deciding to drop out of this. Sorry :/

Message 6 of 6 (209 Views)
0 Likes