PlayStation MVP
2471 posts

Re: The New GT Saturday's Event Page.

Oct 14, 2012
Glad you liked it. We (there is a committee of sorts, not just me) have several in store like this. Italy is next, obviously.

Yeah, that was me. I do sometimes have more problems than other times.

I have a mild case of Cerebral Palsey (from birth) and sometimes I just find it harder to compensate. Usually I can react fast enough to do a decent job, but if I am not feeling 100% it's harder. Today I was not reactinng fast enough to handle the randomness, so I just sat it out.
I just stayed in to, as my signin quote says "increase the payouts". LOL

Hope to race with you again when I am feeling up to it. I can be bloody fast at times, but am obviously inconsistent and do strange things at random sometimes... I do not expect to win as a result, but I DO try not to come in dead last... :smileyhappy: I usually succeed, but not always. On a really good day, I can do pretty well... On really bad days, I'm better off staying out of the way... Hense today.

Just an explanation for the new folks. Most here know about me, LOL.
Please use plain text.
Message 280 of 1,126 (253 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1838 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks DM for posting specs. I still can't get this site to work on my Mac. Not sure why.

Today's race was tough. I was lucky to get a small lead over the other drivers and I managed to extend that lead as the race continued. I did burn up the tires a bit worse than others but I think that goes hand in hand with the fact that I was putting down slightly faster laps. (Emphasis on slightly).

Rome should be fun. I like that track and hopefully we'll get a larger crowd next weekend.

See y'all next week.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 281 of 1,126 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I now understand dmc. Well, I too hope to be bumper to bumper with you on a track that you are really quick on sometime. I look forward to it. I do admire you staying in the race so that there is a bigger payout. Dang good sportsmanship on your part dude.

On another note, I would like to tell Mr. exXBox that no hard feelings on the rearender that put me on the grass momentarily. Which he could have kept going but gave me my position back. I really respected that you did that. It kept me from blowing a gaskit! I wasn't brake checking you and I hope you didn't think I did. I braked on time for corner and thought "Dang, this guy is a late braker". Good racing and all was fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 282 of 1,126 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1838 posts

Oct 14, 2012
@F1, that's the way we like to do things around here. If a pass is made illegally or someone gets put off the track, we expect that person to respectfully give that position back. Even if your out on your own and you accidentally cut a corner, we expect you to slow down a bit and give yourself a penalty.

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 283 of 1,126 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
7923 posts

Oct 15, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:
I now understand dmc. Well, I too hope to be bumper to bumper with you on a track that you are really quick on sometime. I look forward to it. I do admire you staying in the race so that there is a bigger payout. Dang good sportsmanship on your part dude.

On another note, I would like to tell Mr. exXBox that no hard feelings on the rearender that put me on the grass momentarily. Which he could have kept going but gave me my position back. I really respected that you did that. It kept me from blowing a gaskit! I wasn't brake checking you and I hope you didn't think I did. I braked on time for corner and thought "Dang, this guy is a late braker". Good racing and all was fun!

you're welcome F1.  Yes, that's how we roll and part of having new people join us is to show others good racing etiquette.  organized racing really brings out the need for it.

with that said, I should have braked a little sooner.  That's just one of those corners that's easy to misjudge (for me)

and I noticed a similar situation in the Viper race yesterday... that even on WEAK draft, you may find that cars do not brake as easily as weak draft allowed before this last update.

weak draft is very similar to st rong draft, just weaker, instead of being modelled completely different than the strong.

GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing Videos               Photo Mode Pictures             SupaTunaGT

Please use plain text.
Message 284 of 1,126 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
937 posts

Oct 16, 2012

OP Updated guys!

I don't think i want to do a trip like that for a looong time.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Please use plain text.
Message 285 of 1,126 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
7923 posts

Oct 20, 2012

race today in about 30 min!

Please use plain text.
Message 286 of 1,126 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
937 posts

Oct 20, 2012

OP Updated for the 27TH

Sorry i couldn't make it today guys. Had family stuff come up.

Please use plain text.
Message 287 of 1,126 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
7923 posts

Oct 23, 2012

GET THE CUSTOM TRACK FOR THIS WEEK

if you want to practice that is.  but sometimes people just want to show up too, which is fine.  That's why I made sure this track was relatively easy to learn within a few minutes.

if someone was hesitant to show up randomly because they felt they wouldn't already know all the sweet spots of the track, don't worry it's easy to learn.

Hope you guys like my track. -- I was going through some custom tracks that others had built and shared in the Trackshare account, (thanks Revengel for organizing that) and many of those had far too many turns and ones that were difficult to judge and learn.

So I took a stab at making one just for this week's event.  Tried one, it was okay.  Clicked the "Next course" button and the image looked like a real circuit!  Not only that, but it looked kinda like a bleeping DRIVING RIG!  I tweaked it a bit and smoothed out the turns...

...and now I present to you *BLEEP*Pit

(Shared on GT Saturday Account, DM's, and Mine)

Please use plain text.
Message 288 of 1,126 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
937 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Im just wondering if the name is really "bleep pit " or did the censorship from the game rub off onto the forums lol
Please use plain text.
Message 289 of 1,126 (94 Views)
0 Likes