Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
41968 posts

Re: GT Saturdays Weekly Event

Jun 11, 2011

Thanks, everyone, for coming out!

It looked as if everyone had someone to race against, too. The car was good, but maybe the track was a bit too long for it. It still was a good combo, though.

I'm slowly feeling my way back into GT and it feels good having been away from it for a few months.

Message 70 of 1,226 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2169 posts

Jun 11, 2011

That was fun, I really enjoyed racing against everyone today, not sure if I'll be able to make it each week, today I had free time so thought I'd check it out, glad I did, hopefully I'll make it next week, if not, I'll try as much as I can. l8r

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Message 71 of 1,226 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41968 posts

Jun 12, 2011

I just found out that the power puck for our router is acting up, so I don't know when, or how often, I'll be able to get back on-line. I was told the replacement should arrive maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Fingers are crossed that I get it that quickly.

Message 72 of 1,226 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Another fun Saturday, thanks to everyone that made it out.  I know the track was a long one, plus the lap count, but we survived.  Unfortunately I couldn't join race 2 but it was just as great watching.

The following prizes were sent out:

A random suit or helmet was rewarded for attendance.

Best overall performance by PKR_Cipriani99 - Rewarded a level 12 ticket

First Place finishes by PKR_Cipriani and MastrGT - Rewarded Gold Chrome paint chip

Second Place finishes by PKR Cipriani and MastrGT - Rewarded Silver Chrome paint chip

Third Place finish by xl8life in both races - Rewarded Racing Soft Tires & Adjustable Suspension

Note that I do not count myself towards prizes.

Please leave feedback and your thoughts on how we can improve.  Suggestions are also welcomed. 

Pictures from the event can be found here.

Message 73 of 1,226 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jun 12, 2011

What...?

No prizes for last...?

Aww Man....

I wasn't quite there yesterday. Maybe 80%.

I did find out just how far off I am from being half way decent, let alone good.

Heck, at least the prize money goes up a notch...

I'll try again next week if you'll have me.  

It seems really laid back and quiet...which I'm not.

I get rather uncomfortable and un-nerved by that actually.

Hopefully I'm not being too distracting or ticking anyone off.

(...please let me know if I am, BTW, I don't always realize it...)

We had a few of us on the Eid Nord track for 20 laps after...

That was much fun. I even finished second... (...I KNOW...!...)

But only cuz Ed had to pit and Warbuff had to...um...pit too.

Yeah. He had to pit. That little buggy screamer off the jump was a trip.

Though the big blue block at the bottom was a lot more solid than it looked.

*sigh*

I had dreams I could drive like MastrGT...

But then I woke up...

Thanks to all. It was an honor to be your cannon fodder.

(edit: just checked out the pics... Very Nice !!!)

Photobucket
Message 74 of 1,226 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Don't worry Dan, practice makes perfect.  Cipriani, MastrGT and I have a lot of experience in Gran Turismo.  The fact that Fuji was one of six tracks in Prologue means we know it very well.  Keep hanging around fast guys and it'll rub off on you, I know this for a fact.  What could have made a difference as well, was the tune.  I worked on something to share with everybody but feared it would not be good enough.  Turns out, it was actually decent.  So next time, I'll share my tune with a "disclaimer."   As for the radio silence, that's just the sound of concentration.  I had a couple laughs listening to you, and did not bother me at all.  Also, if you ever need help feel free to ask.

Message 75 of 1,226 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Sorry I bugged out early everybody. I got invited to a Le Mans race after we ran the 8 lapper. Since I have a Le Mans race today I figured some time in the GT-One couldn't hurt. I didn't say much yesterday because I thought I heard some people say that there was an echo going on and it seems to come from my end so that's why I was racing incognito lol.

Message 76 of 1,226 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2169 posts

Jun 12, 2011

There's no Bronze Chrome? Aww man lol

Seriously it was fun, PKR_Cipriani and MastrGT were class of the field, beat us by a minute both races. Looks like I'll need to learn how to tweek with gear ratios. I'm getting my own suspension set up's down to my liking, haven't gotten gears down yet.

I'm gonna have to make some changes, I want that Gold Chrome paint chip, lol

I wouldn't mind go-karts sometime, maybe Series Racecars (NASCAR, LOTC (think thats the name), etc), One make races as well.

But I'm down with whatever is picked, Maybe have a Winner's Choice, let the winner pick the rules and tracks for the next week, if there's a tie, then split it, one picks cars, one picks tracks, or both pick one track, just an idea, lol

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Message 77 of 1,226 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1818 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Who do i contact to get involved in racing like this? I'm a purposely clean driver and I'm tired of random online rooms just not thrilling me anymore.

If someone can get back to me that would be awesome! I have a huge garage so that shouldn't be a problem either Thank you!

The Butterfly Effect [}!{]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 78 of 1,226 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Just get involved next Saturday. Put your name down and join the room when it starts up (3pm EST). Simple as that! Happy to have you on board!!

Message 79 of 1,226 (10 Views)
0 Likes