Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Re: Friday Night Late Model Action (FNLMA) NASCAR Racing

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

white. I'm going to add you later so we can race togehter. I've wanted to start a Nascar oval series.

I have created 1 really good oval on the creator but have not found to many others except tri-ovals. I have found some tracks on the track creator that would b fine for a serious series. All of them have some level of elevation change.

We should discuss this and develope the series out a little bit mre.

We do have at least daytona, indy, motegi & short, Le Grand Speedway(mytrack). Cant think of any but its possible.

I've tried the old camaro vs. the old challanger with the camaro fully built and all the weight added. Then i down tuned the challenger to the exact numbers of the camaro. They ran pretty well together. But i only did the test with 1 other person. IMaybe we can test if out if we get a few people out.

any, i'm highly interested in something of this nature.

I will try to make it tonight but i might be a little late due to work.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 11 of 45 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I'm local for more of an oval short track series, specifiying with only one track week in, week out. So, if you have a oval that is a bit of that short track feel, that would be great because it would allow for more people to drive in this series. But currently, I have Motegi as the track to be. I would love to meet with you later on tonight if I'm available, I may need to help a bit with taking down the garage sale my family is having.

Thanks

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 12 of 45 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Please, if you would like to be in this, write down what car you'll drive, (I'll be pace car, so all cars are open.) what time is best for you to race, and are you able to do this on Friday nights. (You are still required to have Twin Ring Motegi, I'm not sure if I'll use Juan's track yet due to I have not seen it.)

Message 13 of 45 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I'll drive Hamlin's #11 car if that's available.

I currently have all the released DLC, so Motegi shouldn't be a problem for me.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 14 of 45 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

I would use the Vickers 83 car, depending on if that is not taken yet. If it is I'll use the 88 car. I have all of them so it doesn't matter to me which one I use.

Also I may not be able to make every race, depends on what my daughters' dance/gymnastics schedule is that week.

Whitey, I'm going to send you a friend request today. If you'd like, and if I can, maybe we can practice on Motegi before the series starts. I have not played GT5 in quite some time so I'm going to need all the practice I am able to get in order to compete.

Message 15 of 45 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I hear ya, I haven't touched GT5 in forever. Brian Vickers #83 is available. One quick thing I forgot to mention is 2011 cars, please no 2010s. I want the cars to look uniform. I have a bunch of then so if you wanna trade your 2010 of someone for the 2011 version I can do that for you.

Message 16 of 45 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Only two drivers.... I thought this would get more attention especially with how many people who actually do have Motegi.

Message 17 of 45 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Hmmm...

Message 18 of 45 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I do feel bad for you, Whitey. You've started plenty of series' but none of them attain enough participation, and eventually cancelled.

I think there's two main problems beyond your control. The first is that a lot of people who are racing in series' right now will only race in those series, and are very closed-minded to new series.

The other, probably bigger, problem is that many people will say that GT5 is "getting old". This is because so many game series' nowadays just release games on an annual basis with little new stuff in them. Just so those game makers can have another pool in their backyards.

I don't want you to be discouraged by all this. I'll ask some of the guys from other race series' if their curious of joining one of yours. (The Mazda TC Cup was very fun. Maybe we can get it restarted.)

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 19 of 45 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Another problem is probably the fact that since I own all the DLC, I wish to use it all. Why would I not? I paid money for it, I shall use it. (In the case of Mazda Cup, alot of people wish it was just any Mazda Roadster (Eunos, Miata, etc) but it's not, it's the Roadster TC.)

And the largest problem is, I haven't played GT5 in a while and the ways I earned a little bit of attention was by creating rooms for people to walk in, find out what's going on, and hope to get them signed up. The problem with that way of doing things is, that most of them won't ever check the forums so I end up having to send out multiple messages instead of just having everything on the forums. I also get alot of questions which gets a bit annoying, everything is on the Forums, so use the forums. I would like to get Mazda Cup regoing, but like you said alot of close-minded people don't want to explore. Also, alot of the people who signed up became quickly inactive.

~Story of my life, basically a sitcom about the worst luck in history~

Message 20 of 45 (288 Views)
0 Likes