Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Re: Friday Night Late Model Action (FNLMA) NASCAR Racing

Sep 5, 2012

Or could there be the possiblity that people are already entertaining themselves in other series and they just don't have the time to join another one? I would join in every series on these forums if I had the time, but time is hard to come by so I pick a couple and commit the best I can. Any way, what kind of life would that be if I just sat and played GT5 everyday of my life...well I guess it would be pretty cool...if I got paid for it! LOL 

Good luck with your series whitey, I hope you get some more interest soon...

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 21 of 45 (281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 7, 2012

And now all interest has stopped.... Smiley Sad

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 22 of 45 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

I have a couple of questions:

Say a crash happens that involves three or more people. Are you going to call out " yellow flag " or something and everyone slows down to 50 mph or so? How long will the yellow flags last? Until damage on the cars goes away?

Will you be doing any practice before the series starts? I may be available tonight around 6:30 central. Just got to wait until my wife gets home so she can take over watching the kids while I race.

Are the races going to be in an open lobby or your lounge? How long do you figure each race night will last, including the heats and the main race itself?

Message 23 of 45 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Just curious, maybe no one really wants to do NASCAR? Maybe? Try picking another class of cars. This is just a suggestion mind you.

Spoiler

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 24 of 45 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 7, 2012

smellyeti wrote:

I have a couple of questions:

Say a crash happens that involves three or more people. Are you going to call out " yellow flag " or something and everyone slows down to 50 mph or so? How long will the yellow flags last? Until damage on the cars goes away?

Will you be doing any practice before the series starts? I may be available tonight around 6:30 central. Just got to wait until my wife gets home so she can take over watching the kids while I race.

Are the races going to be in an open lobby or your lounge? How long do you figure each race night will last, including the heats and the main race itself?

Yellows at 75 mph, yellows last for roughly 2-3 laps, damage is heavy so the people will have to pit.

I will open the room ten minutes before qualifying for practice. I don't have a time set, I'm open to suggestions.

Lounge due to it's privacy. May last some hour to hour and a half.

Message 25 of 45 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Damage is on heavy? I like that, I haven't found too many Nascar rooms online with that setting. It still says light in the first post. I am in my lounge to get familiar with the track and to do some tuning. Have you decided on sliptream and grip settings?

Message 26 of 45 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Grip realistic, slipstream low

Message 27 of 45 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Thanks. I have managed a low lap of 30.510 without drafting and can go about 13-14 laps on mediums. Not sure how that stacks up but I know I'm leaving some speed on the track. I am going to try and test out my tune in the open lobby tonight.

Message 28 of 45 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I would like atleast ten people... :/

Message 29 of 45 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Well if you wait that long for that many people to sign up then this series won't ever start, just saying. Why not pick a starting date and if only three people show up then who cares? As I said before I cannot make every race but I would like to race in this series as much as possible. You have people interested in your TC series for tonight. Why don't you want to race tonight, especially when people are interested?

Message 30 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes