First Son
6 posts

Re: FF Series: Season 3 (Wednesday Night Online Racing Series)

Aug 2, 2012
Lol comedy....serious business here.
Message 91 of 504 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

Um...WoW...If i could sum this picture up in one word, it would be "PATHETIC" 

High Speed Ring_2.jpg

What do you say we try to clean it up a little bit here huh? That wasn't even the worst of it...and yes thats me after getting planted into the rail and going sky high.  I was pushed off track on numerous occasions and i'm not a fan of that.

This is how i went from last to battling for 1st. lol

There was a little more aggression than usual at that race and it needs to get cleaned up. But it was still a lot of fun. I think the large packs of cars (7-8 going for 1st) puts us on edge more than anything. I've seen us racing with that many before and there is always some one going for real estate thats no good. It is just a part of racing. Lets try to  hold your lines and we'll be fine.

I would like to thank pete again for helping me get the win. With him i was able to go about 3-5 laps with out losing time on the timer. Then i ended up losing 10 seconds and my tyres were no existent by the time i came around the last turn. It was a HUGE gamble but as soon as i saw pete coming out of the pits i knew i could run with him for a long time.

I've been waiting for this series to start up again since we finished last season. Tsukuba also one of my more well known tracks. Looking forward to racing with you guys out there next week.

Anyone want to set up a practice day?

ken, when you hit me in that practice race i was pi s sed. But when you said you went out of control all was dropped. Looking forward to more clean racing with you.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 92 of 504 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
827 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:

I would like to thank pete again for helping me get the win. With him i was able to go about 3-5 laps with out losing time on the timer. Then i ended up losing 10 seconds and my tyres were no existent by the time i came around the last turn. It was a HUGE gamble but as soon as i saw pete coming out of the pits i knew i could run with him for a long time.

Glad to help an old racing buddy for the win Juan. It was a blast running all those laps nose to tail with you.

It also meant that I didn't get lapped LOL.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 93 of 504 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Aug 2, 2012

I was wondering why we weren't really gaining on you Juan. Or maybe we weren't going fast cause we were in the wall every lap. LOL. 

I'll be in for next week. 

You definately want a light car for this track. That VW scirocco i used was really slow off the hairpin. Even though it had 330 ft/lbs of torque. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 94 of 504 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Aug 2, 2012

i dunno,  i went with a light car and it REALLY wasnt working out for me lol

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 95 of 504 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Well than a car with about 1000kg and lots of torque. You don't really need much hp around this short track. I'll be on tomorrow to get some practice in. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 96 of 504 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Aug 2, 2012

NumbSkuld wrote:

Out of curiosity, what kind of HP were your guys running with those Hondas/Acuras?

My DC5 makes 250hp and weighs in around 999kg (I think).

What were the specs on that Mazda you were running?

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 97 of 504 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:
Anyone want to set up a practice day?

ken, when you hit me in that practice race i was pi s sed. But when you said you went out of control all was dropped. Looking forward to more clean racing with you.

I'm down for a practice day.  When are you thinking?  

I was running 4th in the preview race.  All of a sudden I see Ken sliding through the grass, and totally unable to stop.  I couldn't believe it when he took out positions 1-3.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I know it wasn't funny for those involved, but it looked hilarious on my screen.  I managed to sneak by with iceandspice in tow, and we skated off to a 1-2 finish.  Luckily, it was only the preview race, so no harm done.  Just funny looking.  LOL

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 98 of 504 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Aug 2, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

I was wondering why we weren't really gaining on you Juan. Or maybe we weren't going fast cause we were in the wall every lap. LOL. 

That makes sense.  I think I only shaved off about 5 seconds from the time we left the pits, till the end of the race.  I was bump drafting with monkey down the straights, but we just couldn't seem to pick up any real ground.  Good strategy, Juan.

Message 99 of 504 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

yea, pete and I were crusing around. If i would have had another non pit stop car with me we would have struggled and lost more time. We might have not made it. I was being SUPER conservative through the S's and the last turn. I was trying to keep the front right as clean and as smooth possible. The last 3 laps i was slowing down to 105mph through the last turn.

Practice Day:

What about Saturday Nights? Late nights? IDK its hard since we're on different coasts and idk. Any day that we choose would be good but not always ideal.

Car Power:

ECI- Your DC5 is at 250hp???? With wing?

Mines at 268hp at 1005kg no wing. You might have more torque.

I'll be dusting off the Tguns certified FTO for the road courses and use that Civic '08 for those high speed places.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 100 of 504 (240 Views)
0 Likes