Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Exotic Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 14, 2011

WyldAnimal wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

Here are some of my Car options.

Are any of these not allowed?

Lambo  Murcielago Lb670-4 Super Veloce 09

Corvette ZR1 C6 09

Audi R8 5.2 FCZ Quattro 09

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

Citroen GT Road Car

Saleen S7

Ford GT 06

Ferrari 458 Italia

for Daytona and the High Speed ring. the Saleen S7 has proven to be the fastest on that list.

Daytone it runs Sub 40's ( 39.9's ) Solo with no Draft.

on the High Speed ring it hits 237 mph.

So I think I would pick that as One for the Spped courses..

The Citreon wasn't that much slower.. 

Daytona it did 40.9 and 41.1's

A second a a lap, maybe 1.2 seconds..

230 MPH on the RIng

For the Road Courses

Audi, Corvette, Ford GT, Citroen, TVR, or Ferrari

The Ferrari has been the easiest to handle on the road courses, but it's the slowest of all the choices.

The TVR was the fastest on the road courses, at least a full 2 seconds faster than the next fastest, but also the hardest to keep under control So it would be risky to run 20 to 40 consistant laps with it.

The Audi, was next fastest on the road courses, within 2 seconds of the TVR and almost 2 seconds fasrter then the next car.

But the Audi, is AWD, and the Front tirtes go away too fast.

7 laps on Suzuka and the fronts are all but gone.

So I think it might be the Corvette, or the Ford GT for the Road Courses.

I still want to play with the tunes, but before I spend too much time, I want to make sure that the cars I'm thinking about would be allowed.

You'd have to clarify this with Mattrock607 but I think the ZR1 and the Citroen GT might not be allowed, not sure about that. The series calls for production cars, no race cars or concept cars and I think a modified Corvette might be considered a race car maybe and the Citroen might be a concept car, again check with Matt on this. Every other car on your list is legal. Expect to see the 458, Ford, and the Saleen in the series as well as the McLaren. I hope a lot of people show up for this because that way it's likely that a lot of different cars would be used. I've thought about buying a Corvette and souping it up without modifying it and using that in a race, that would be fun I think.

Message 80 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Mar 14, 2011

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

Here are some of my Car options.

Are any of these not allowed?

Lambo  Murcielago Lb670-4 Super Veloce 09

Corvette ZR1 C6 09

Audi R8 5.2 FCZ Quattro 09

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

Citroen GT Road Car

Saleen S7

Ford GT 06

Ferrari 458 Italia

for Daytona and the High Speed ring. the Saleen S7 has proven to be the fastest on that list.

Daytone it runs Sub 40's ( 39.9's ) Solo with no Draft.

on the High Speed ring it hits 237 mph.

So I think I would pick that as One for the Spped courses..

The Citreon wasn't that much slower.. 

Daytona it did 40.9 and 41.1's

A second a a lap, maybe 1.2 seconds..

230 MPH on the RIng

For the Road Courses

Audi, Corvette, Ford GT, Citroen, TVR, or Ferrari

The Ferrari has been the easiest to handle on the road courses, but it's the slowest of all the choices.

The TVR was the fastest on the road courses, at least a full 2 seconds faster than the next fastest, but also the hardest to keep under control So it would be risky to run 20 to 40 consistant laps with it.

The Audi, was next fastest on the road courses, within 2 seconds of the TVR and almost 2 seconds fasrter then the next car.

But the Audi, is AWD, and the Front tirtes go away too fast.

7 laps on Suzuka and the fronts are all but gone.

So I think it might be the Corvette, or the Ford GT for the Road Courses.

I still want to play with the tunes, but before I spend too much time, I want to make sure that the cars I'm thinking about would be allowed.

You'd have to clarify this with Mattrock607 but I think the ZR1 and the Citroen GT might not be allowed, not sure about that. The series calls for production cars, no race cars or concept cars and I think a modified Corvette might be considered a race car maybe and the Citroen might be a concept car, again check with Matt on this. Every other car on your list is legal. Expect to see the 458, Ford, and the Saleen in the series as well as the McLaren. I hope a lot of people show up for this because that way it's likely that a lot of different cars would be used. I've thought about buying a Corvette and souping it up without modifying it and using that in a race, that would be fun I think.

I would be very surprised if the ZR1 is not allowed.  It's a sick car, but still a production car.  It's definitely not my call, and it makes no different to me either way.  Wait, why did I respond now?  LOL

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 81 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 14, 2011

yeah, no race cars or concept cars are allowed.  The Corvette is allowed, but not the "RM" version.  The Citroen is a concept car, so it too would not be allowed.  all of the other cars are acceptable though.

Message 82 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 14, 2011

This is my mistake. I saw the ZR1 and assumed it was race modified. My bad. I am probably wrong about the Citroen GT too.

edit: Just saw Mattrocks post lol

Message 83 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Mar 14, 2011

I need to get clarification on a car also.  My buddy (milspecmike) was running the R390 Road Car the other night.  Some of the guys said it would be legal for this series.  However, I don't believe Matt was in the room at the time.  Just want to get clarification for him, so he know for sure.  Thanks Matt.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 84 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Mar 15, 2011

eciracing wrote:

I need to get clarification on a car also.  My buddy (milspecmike) was running the R390 Road Car the other night.  Some of the guys said it would be legal for this series.  However, I don't believe Matt was in the room at the time.  Just want to get clarification for him, so he know for sure.  Thanks Matt.

I took some time to google the cars I was looking at and looked at the R390.  I think this would NOT qualify since Only TWO cars were ever produced and not sold.

I'm pretty sure I got My Line up..  Doing some tunes, and running laps. YEE HA!..  Now I wish I had a few race partners to run against.  I have no Idea if I'm competative or not.

Message 85 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 15, 2011

WyldAnimal wrote:

eciracing wrote:

I took some time to google the cars I was looking at and looked at the R390.  I think this would NOT qualify since Only TWO cars were ever produced and not sold.

I'm pretty sure I got My Line up..  Doing some tunes, and running laps. YEE HA!..  Now I wish I had a few race partners to run against.  I have no Idea if I'm competative or not.

Yeah I doubt the R930 would qualify.

I decided to get a Zr1 '06 and test it out and at Daytona my lap times were consistently around 41.4 seconds while the Ford GT '06 was around 41.6 seconds.  Take this with a grain of salt though because there are better drivers than me in this series and I'm sure their numbers are lower than mine. In any case if you'd like someone to run against to compare cars and times shoot me a friend request if you'd like. I'll be online tonight sometime to practice for tomorrow.

I found out yesterday that I have to work until 7 pm est on Wed so it looks like I'll be in the 9:30 pm race.

edit: I was looking for new car to potentially use in the series and I chose the Enzo Ferrari. I chose that car over the McLaren F1 because it's base hp was higher. The pp rating of the Enzo is 610 and my best lap at Daytona with it was 40.060 so yeah.....

Message 86 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Re: Exoting Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 15, 2011

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Yeah I doubt the R930 would qualify.

I decided to get a Zr1 '06 and test it out and at Daytona my lap times were consistently around 41.4 seconds while the Ford GT '06 was around 41.6 seconds.  Take this with a grain of salt though because there are better drivers than me in this series and I'm sure their numbers are lower than mine. In any case if you'd like someone to run against to compare cars and times shoot me a friend request if you'd like. I'll be online tonight sometime to practice for tomorrow.

I found out yesterday that I have to work until 7 pm est on Wed so it looks like I'll be in the 9:30 pm race.

edit: I was looking for new car to potentially use in the series and I chose the Enzo Ferrari. I chose that car over the McLaren F1 because it's base hp was higher. The pp rating of the Enzo is 610 and my best lap at Daytona with it was 40.060 so yeah.....

Great to hear, but watch out for break in on the Enzo.  You *start* at 610 pp but your hp will increase as you put miles on the car.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 87 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 15, 2011

Yeah, the Nissan R390 was technically a production concept of a race car, but since it wasn't actually sold as a production car, I'd have to say no on that one

I've always had a hard time running with the Enzo because of the handling, though on Daytona or Indy it's probably a great vehicle.  I ran in the McLaren for a few practice laps yesterday, but even though it's significantly faster than the Italia, I still have to use my baby lol.  And in our shorter sprint races, the Italia was keeping up with the bigger dogs purely by drafting, and I even won a few of those practice races, so shy of a crash or some fatal miscalculation (like the ones that always plague me in the the GT Classics season, lol), I'm hoping to finish strong tomorrow night!  Well, provided anyone shows up to the 7pm race, anyway, lol.

My girlfriend may or may not want to use the PS3 tonight, or play something with me, or just watch some cheesy movie, so I can't say for certain what's going on tonight.  But, if I'm able, I'll be hosting one last "Exotic Tour Practice" room before tomorrow's race.  If you see me online, look at what game I'm playing, and if it's GT5, assume I've got a practice room going (or I've joined someone elses).  Just search for Superspeedway - Daytona and you'll probably find a room, if I'm hosting one or if someone else is

Message 88 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Mar 15, 2011

hey matt, why don't you just discontinue the 7pm race and run the 9:30 race. seems like a more popular race time. plus i might be the only other one it the italia if i don't get the mclaren tonight.

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 89 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes