Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Exoting Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 12, 2011

Hey just letting you know that I wll be racing with you in the 7 pm race throughout the series. I offered to host the late race just to make sure that there isn't any confusion and the late race goes off without a hitch. When it get's to summer time though I would like if someone else could host the late race because I get up at 4 am for work in the summer and being up too late makes me cranky What I'm thinking is I could host the room but not race, so that way I don't get in people's way that are racing for points, unlike me in the late race. I can start the race and then watch it. At least I think I can. After it's over I can take a picture of the results with my phone and update you the next day or something like that. We'll figure it out.

Message 70 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Mar 12, 2011

tguns16 wrote:

just got done the practice session for the night. what an awesome night of racing. some good races on daytona but after that eciracing, millspecmike and i (tguns) did a couple races on top gear test track. let me tell you right now, these guys are NO JOKE. look forward to racing with them throughout the season.

Matt, i might just host the 9:30 race and not join you guys for the 7:00 race. or if there's room i will watch the 7:00 race then host the 9:30 race.

Just a heads up to everyone. my wife is pregnant and i know this will be coming to an end soon. if anyone would like to host the 9:30 room on any wednesday night race that would be a huge help. once july comes, i'm pretty sure the ps3 is gonna be shut down for a LONG time. no worries, plenty of time left to enjoy some great racing.

see you guys on the track

tguns

Don't be all modest tgun.  You were holding your own quite well.  Can't wait for the season to start.  Myself and milspecmike will be in.

Also, some clarification on the car selection rule.  If I understand correctly, you can use up to 3 different cars, but no more than 2 of them can be from the same manufacturer correct?  And to take that a step further.....will you be counting Honda and Acura as the same manufacturer?  Or Lexus and Toyota?  Stuff like that.  They're the same manufacturer in real life, but technically seperate in the game.  Either way is fine, just looking for clarification for other users.

Thanks guys.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 71 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 12, 2011

I suppose we can allow Honda/ Acura, Lexus/ Toyota, Infiniti/ Nissan to be separate manufacturers.  I don't really see a problem with that, and if it puts more auto-makers into the manufacturer's leaderboard, I'd say that's a good thing

WOW!  I'm a genius, lol.  I only JUST realized that this entire thread was mis-titled!  I meant to call it the "exotic touring series."  "exoting" isn't even a word, lol.  I really need more time off lol

Message 72 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 13, 2011

Hey guys I ran 40 laps today at Daytona with a brand new Ford GT '06. I changed the oil in my original GT and it raised the pp to 630. I ran laps with it and the hp and pp did not go down enough to qualify so I just bought another GT lol.

Anyways it's going to be a one pit stop race I think. I pitted on lap 21. I never lost control of the car so possibly people can pit even later than I did. My best lap was 41.439 and I'd say the average lap time was around 41.550. In laps 14-21 and in laps 35-40, due to tire wear my lap times were around 41.775. I saw eiracing using a GT in practice last week and I'm not sure what kind of times he had but I'm sure the laps were faster than me lol. I've decided to use the Ford at Daytona and possibly the 599 '06 and the 458 Italia in other races but I'd say right now I'll probably use the Ford for most of the races.

Message 73 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Mar 13, 2011

As for me Ive always been a fan of Ford GT series cars, Im trying now to wrk  the tracks to build enough credits to compete in these races, Though have a car I must get for Ralley Races now. Oh the Life cost of one car is killing me> LMAO

Photobucket

Message 74 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 13, 2011

Do you have a Ford GT '06? That's what I'll be using for a majority of the season so if you have that car, send me a friend request so we can practice for the races. I'll be online in a few minutes to run at Daytona.

Message 75 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Re: Exotic Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 14, 2011

looks like i might get in the ford gt as well. or the mclaren which was also running pretty quick. the 458 is just a little too slow compared to the competition. but for the races with some turns on em, i'll prolly be using the 458. we'll see.

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 76 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Mar 14, 2011

Mattrock607 wrote:

The Cars & Race Regulations

You can enter with any three production cars (no race cars or concept cars) of your choosing, and you can modify them up to a maximum of 620pp.  You may not "downgrade" a car to 620pp using a limiter or by any other means, and you cannot enter more than two cars made by the same manufacturer (so, you can use two Ferraris, but not three).  You don't need to decide what all three cars will be right now; whatever car you show up in will count as one of the cars you've used, so make sure you choose wisely.  Anyone who shows up in a car that doesn't match the criteria named here will be kicked before the race starts!

Here are some of my Car options.

Are any of these not allowed?

Lambo  Murcielago Lb670-4 Super Veloce 09

Corvette ZR1 C6 09

Audi R8 5.2 FCZ Quattro 09

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

Citroen GT Road Car

Saleen S7

Ford GT 06

Ferrari 458 Italia

I'm pretty sure I will pick 3 from that list, but want to make sure that none of them wouldn't be allowed.

I've already check tunes, and all can meet the 620pp with out using the Engine Restrictor. Or Adding Weights for that matter.

Thanks.

Message 77 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Mar 14, 2011

WyldAnimal wrote:

Here are some of my Car options.

Are any of these not allowed?

Lambo  Murcielago Lb670-4 Super Veloce 09

Corvette ZR1 C6 09

Audi R8 5.2 FCZ Quattro 09

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

Citroen GT Road Car

Saleen S7

Ford GT 06

Ferrari 458 Italia

for Daytona and the High Speed ring. the Saleen S7 has proven to be the fastest on that list.

Daytone it runs Sub 40's ( 39.9's ) Solo with no Draft.

on the High Speed ring it hits 237 mph.

So I think I would pick that as One for the Spped courses..

The Citreon wasn't that much slower.. 

Daytona it did 40.9 and 41.1's

A second a a lap, maybe 1.2 seconds..

230 MPH on the RIng

For the Road Courses

Audi, Corvette, Ford GT, Citroen, TVR, or Ferrari

The Ferrari has been the easiest to handle on the road courses, but it's the slowest of all the choices.

The TVR was the fastest on the road courses, at least a full 2 seconds faster than the next fastest, but also the hardest to keep under control So it would be risky to run 20 to 40 consistant laps with it.

The Audi, was next fastest on the road courses, within 2 seconds of the TVR and almost 2 seconds fasrter then the next car.

But the Audi, is AWD, and the Front tirtes go away too fast.

7 laps on Suzuka and the fronts are all but gone.

So I think it might be the Corvette, or the Ford GT for the Road Courses.

I still want to play with the tunes, but before I spend too much time, I want to make sure that the cars I'm thinking about would be allowed.

Message 78 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 14, 2011

tguns16 wrote:

revenge...last night we agreed that adding weight is ok but dropping hp by using the limiter is NOT OK. and i think anyone who uses the limiter to make a car legal will be DQ'd from the season or something like that.

Great, at agreed!

There may be more people who will be able to bring a car by adding weight (not this Revengel - I'll likely stay south of 600 when I'm there!)

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 79 of 670 (55 Views)
0 Likes