Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Re: Exoting Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 10, 2011

Our practice run was incredibly fun tonight, very close competition and drafting might just clinch the win for someone.  40 laps on the speedway tracks is going to be the most intense half hour of online driving I've done in GT5 thus far

Message 40 of 670 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Mar 10, 2011

would be great if there was some sort of Leader board. with sample track times for cars in the 620pp range.

sort of like the Bronze, Silver and Gold times.

A lot of the tracks I don't know the turns and breaking zones.

So I'm running some of them with different cars tuned to 620pp, but have no Idea if I'm even competative or not.

Suzuka 15 lap tests.

Audi R8 5.2 FSi Quattro

Practice - I ran 2:02 and 2:06's  at least 12 laps before front tires were gone.

On-line I ran 2:23 and 2:30's only got 8 laps before front tires were gone.

One other thing I notice.  When you run In Practice Mode.  the Car is faster, and sticks better than when you go on-line..

Practice mode, I had no rear end kick out around turns.

The only assists I had was Traction at 4, and ABS on.

But when I raced the same track, same car, same tune on-line same traction and ABS, I couldn't get around a turn without the rear end breaking loose.

My On-line times were at least 10 seconds slower then my practice times.

This should be Fun, but it will be a new experience for me.

EDIT: Also, even though I had Tire anf Fuel on, in Practice mode,  On-Line the tires wore out a lot faster too.

in Practice I got 12 laps on suzuka. but on-line I only got 8.

Message 41 of 670 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Thanks for the info Wylde, maybe we should do the practice sessions online instead of the lounge from now on just to make sure.

Last night was great fun. Saw some new people there which is great, hope to see more when the season kicks off next week.

I was hoping to use the 599 but it can't keep up with the 458 at Daytona. So I'll most likely use the 458 for most races and the 599 for other races. OR maybe I'll bust out the S7 again and lap everybody  jk. It would unfair to use the S7 unless more people use it, especially on Daytona. All the races were tight with the Italia, which was awesome. I got to learn how to protect my line on the turn 4 because either Matt or tguns reached the start/finish line before I did - every time - even though I had the lead two seconds away from it lol. Good times.

I had a .001 win last night. Crazy.

Message 42 of 670 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Sounds like this will be good!  I'm in for the later race.  Keep us updated when it's all official.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 43 of 670 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Mar 10, 2011

wyldanimal, i always use MY LOUNGE when practicing for that reason. all physics are the same here as they are in on-line racing.

wagg, last nights races were so intense. i had a great time. S7 was a beast, should be banned lol. just kidding. it was doin 225 on the back straight. italia's could only reach 215. thats crazy. if i could get the lambo set up right, i think it could compete with the S7 but that thing was all over the place.     remember my epic slide. that was soooo sick. i wish matt could have seen that. i think i slid my car about 2000 feet and didn't even touch a wall lol. awesome.

eciracing, i will be hosting the later races. add me as a friend on ps3 and i will invite you to any practice rooms i open throughout the weeks. i think between mattrock607, wagg-da--dogg and i we will be setting up practice rooms throughout the season.

it's gonna be fun guys. see ya out there.

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 44 of 670 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Mar 10, 2011

where are you guys practicing. what is the room name?

Message 45 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Since there was a request to post what time people are racing:

I'll be in the 7:00 EST race exclusively.  I may not be able to make it every week, so count me as "For fun".  I'm mostly using this as a testing ground for Elegant Alacrity creations.  Normally I'll run cars that are near 600PP, doubtful that I'll ever be over 605PP.

Not speed in any Class, but Class at any Speed,

The Revengel

CEO Elegant Alacrity

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 46 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I'll be hosting another practice room tonight for Superspeedway - Daytona at about 8:30pm.  The room will be called "Exotic Tour Practice," so stop on through if you can   Search for the track to find it easier.  If you guys aren't used to racing in close quarters, please try to make it to one of our practices before the race so you don't end up smacking into everyone else, lol.  We had a guy in a Lambo last night who rammed my Italia clean off the road and probably kept me from a win.  And when I did win, it was always by milliseconds!  This will be a grueling 40 laps!

I'd like to try a practice race with the Saleen on the track, if Wagg can make it tonight.  With drafting, I was able to slingshot through the last corner and finish at 41.971 last night, which is still a lot slower than the S7 (what was the final S7 finish?  41.4-ish?), but with drafting and some more space in seventh gear, I might just sneak past the Saleen, or stay right on its tail.

If this helps anyone, my average finish in my Italia at Daytona  ranged between 42.700 and 44.000, and I was within 0.010 of 43.200 on nearly every lap.  Drafting off the others, I was averaging around 42.200, and as I mentioned earlier, my best lap in the first race was 41.971.

Message 47 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Mar 10, 2011

i'll be joining the practice session tonight. i'm gonna work on some other cars tonight to see what else could compete.

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 48 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Hey guys, I'll try to make it tonight but I most likely will be playing Black Ops with my bro and some buddies. Got to try out the map pack lol. I will try to sneak in there for a bit. I feel the need for speed.

Message 49 of 670 (20 Views)
0 Likes