Mar 31 2011
By: Mattrock607 Lombax Warrior 121 posts

Exotic Touring Series (online racing season)

669 replies 268 views Edited Mar 31, 2011

As some of you already know, I've been hosting the GT Classics series for a few weeks now, and it's been a lot of fun.  So, I figured I would create a new racing season, designed in such a way that hopefully we'll get more people racing with us.  Please make sure you read everything here, and please try to understand the rules before you commit to the series .  You can come and go from the series as you please, and if you just want to race for fun, that's cool, but regardless of how you want to participate, everyone has to follow these rules.

The Cars & Race Regulations

You can enter with any three production cars (no race cars or concept cars) of your choosing, and you can modify them up to a maximum of 620pp.  You may not "downgrade" a car to 620pp using a limiter or by any other means, and you cannot enter more than two cars made by the same manufacturer (so, you can use two Ferraris, but not three).  You don't need to decide what all three cars will be right now; whatever car you show up in will count as one of the cars you've used, so make sure you choose wisely.  Anyone who shows up in a car that doesn't match the criteria named here will be kicked before the race starts!

All of the races in the series will use weak penalties, 90+ second race end delay, light damage, and all driving aids will be allowed.  On day/ night tracks, time will be set to noon and lapse will be set to 45, and weather, when applicable, will be decided by a coin toss (not that anyone will be able to see it, lol).  We expect good, clean racing, and room hosts reserve the right to disqualify drivers from races, and/ or take away up to 10 points from them, if they feel the driver is being intentionally dirty.  If you end up with a point balance of -10, you'll be banned from this season.

The Scoring

You will earn a number of points based on your finish in each race, as follows:

1st (10), 2nd (9), 3rd (8), 4th (7), 5th (6), 6th (5), 7th (4), 8th (3), 9th (2), 10th or under (1)

If you run the entire season using the same car in all twenty races, You'll get a bonus of 25 points at the end of the season.  If you run the entire season using only two cars, you'll get a bonus of 10 points.  Also, the host of a race can, at their own discretion, award a driver as many as three points if that driver ends up getting disconnected after having driven at least 50% of the race; the room's host can use their own discretion to determine how many points are deserved based on the driver's position at the time of the disconnection, and how many laps were left.  A post will be made to this thread after each race with race results and an updated leaderboard with current points.  If multiple rooms are needed, then the host of each room will post race results here, and then I'll post the updated leaderboard. 

Each manufacturer from every car entered in the series will be entered into its own leaderboard, earning 10 points for every time one of its cars finishes in the lead, and 2 points for every time one of its cars is driven in the season.  At the end of the season, if the manufacturer of the car you've used the most wins, you'll get a bonus of 10 points.

The Prize(s)

At the end of the season, the player who has accumulated the most points will win the grand prize, which will be a collection of cars (worth up to 1 mil cr.) from the manufacturer that wins.  In other words, if Ferrari wins the manufacturer's cup, the winning player will get an Enzo, or some collection of other cars worth up to 1 million credits.  If anyone else wants to offer prizes, please say so in this thread .  In the highly unlikely event of a point tie after the final, I will host a special tie-breaker race of ten laps on the Top Gear Track, where all of the drivers will use a stock MINI Cooper S, and the winner of that race will be the winner of the season.

The Season

Races will be held every wednesday night at 7pm Eastern, starting on March 16th 2011.  The final will most likely be held on a weekend, and will not be scheduled until we're closer to wrapping up the season.  I know some of you will think these races seem long, but they're based on the lengths of the races in the GT Classics series and designed to force pit stops on the tracks that allow for them, adding a bit of strategic texture to the races.  On average, most races will take somewhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour, so make sure you can commit enough time and energy to this!

The Courses

All of the races in the season will be held on these tracks, in this order.

Superspeedway – Daytona (40 laps) (DONE!)

The Top Gear Test Track (18 laps) (DONE!)

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (30 laps) (DONE!)

Suzuka Circuit (15 laps)

Circuito de Madrid (35 laps)

Laguna Seca Raceway (30 laps)

Grand Valley Speedway (25 laps)

Special Stage Route 7 (6 laps)

High Speed Ring (30 laps)

Fuji Speedway GT (25 laps)

Deep Forest Raceway (30 laps)

Trial Mountain Circuit (25 laps)

Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather) (5 laps)

Eiger Nordwand Track (25 laps)

London (20 laps)

Rome (35 laps)

Côte d’Azur (35 laps)

Superspeedway – Indy (40 laps)

Tokyo R246 (25 laps)

Final - Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time / Weather) (15 laps)

Season Leaderboard

1st Place (28 points) - eciracing - NSX Type R '02 (1 drive), Enzo Ferrari '02 (1 drive), Pagani Zonda C12s 7.3 '02 (1 drive)

2nd Place (27 points) - milspecmike - NSX Type R '02 (1 drive), Enzo Ferrari '02 (1 drive), Pagani Zonda C12s 7.3 '02 (1 drive)

3rd Place (25 points) - Gojet-64 - Ford GT '06 (3 drives)

4th Place (24 points) - tguns16 - Mclaren MP4-12c '10 (2 drives), Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (1 drive)

5th Place (23 points) - WyldAnimal - Enzo Ferrari '02 (2 drives), Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (1 drive)

6th Place (18 points) - iceandspice - Enzo Ferrari '02 (3 drives)

6th Place (18 points) - WAGG__da__DOGG - Enzo Ferrari '02 (2 drives), Mclaren MP4-12c '10 (1 drive)

7th Place (17 points) - Bssc303 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 (2 drives)

8th Place (13 points) - Mattrock607 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (3 drives)

9th Place (11 points) - John-GT5 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 (1 drive), Mclaren MP4-12c '10 (1 drive)

10th Place (10 points) - FireBird_97 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 '09 (1 drive)

11th Place (5 points) - BlackIce07 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 (1 drive)

11th Place (5 points) - El__V_E_R_G_A_S - Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (1 drive)

11th Place (5 points) - ghostfnrider - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 (1 drive)

12th Place (4 points) - Takumi22tb - Calloway C12 '03 (1 drive)

13th Place (2 points) - The_Revengel - Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG '08 (1 drive)

Manufacturer's Leaderboard

1st Place (38 points) - Ferrari S.p.A. (1 win, 14 drives)

2nd Place (18 points) - McLaren Automotive (1 wins, 4 drives)

3rd Place (16 points) - Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. (1 win, 3 drives)

3rd Place (16 points) - Ford Motor Company (1 win, 3 drives)

4th Place (14 points) - Honda Motor Company, Ltd. (1 win, 2 drives)

5th Place (4 points) - Audi AG (0 wins, 2 drives)

5th Place (4 points) - Pagani Automobili S.p.A. (0 wins, 2 drives)

6th Place (2 points) - Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A. - 2 points (0 wins, 1 drive)

6th Place (2 points) - Callaway Cars Inc. - 2 points (0 wins, 1 drive)

6th Place (2 points) - Mercedes-Benz/ Daimler AG - 2 points (0 wins, 1 drive)

6th Place (2 points) Nissan Motor Company Ltd. - 2 points (0 wins, 1 drive)

Please post and let us know if you're going to be joining us, and feel free to chat about the cars you think you'll be using (it only counts toward your car allowance when you actually show up at a race in a car).  If we end up with a lot of people interested in this, we might need to make multiple rooms, and it always helps to have that stuff sorted out

Italia.jpg

Message 295 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Re: Exoting Touring Series (online racing season)

Mar 9, 2011

i have a question.

what day(s) and time(s) will the racing be taking place?

I'm in MST so 7:00PM EST is pretty much impossible for me during the week.

Still racing and ventilating the enemy from Edmonton, Alberta.

Message 1 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 9, 2011

As it stands we're going to be doing them on wednesday nights at 7pm, starting one week from today.  If we can get enough people interested to get a second room going, we could have it hosted later on wednesday for the folks out west.

Message 2 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Mar 9, 2011

well then I look forward to the western rooms.

as for a car i'd run my astra super touring car...

Message 3 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I'm not big on Astras so I don't know much about them.  Is that a race car or a production car?

I'll probably use my 458 Italia for every race.  I might end up using my Aston Martin DB9 for one or two as well.  I highly doubt I'll ever use a third car though; the game would need to glitch or something to keep me away from my Italia, lol.

Message 4 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Mar 9, 2011

my mistake i read the title and onlt "saw" touring car...

I would most likely run my enzo / f430 suderia / Italia / Murcialago supe Veloce... something like those.

Message 5 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I have to admit I'm intrigued.  I have a TPRA race on Wednesday evenings, but that normally begins at 10:00 EST.

Quick question (not mentioned above) - are the races planned to be an hour each?  Also will there be qualifying?  Will the grid start with a false start check be used?

I've recently built a car that's looking for some miles on it...and this may be the ticket.

Curious,

The Revengel

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 6 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I'd love to get in on some online racing, but IDK if I can make it, since I'm in a very different time zone.   (I think I can because i'm pretty sure night for you guys is really early in the morning for me.   What if I can only make a few of the events?

Also what about the Corvette ZR1?   Can I enter with that?   I'm really only interested in racing with Chevy cars.   (what kind of tires are allowed?)

Message 7 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 9, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

I'd love to get in on some online racing, but IDK if I can make it, since I'm in a very different time zone.   (I think I can because i'm pretty sure night for you guys is really early in the morning for me.   What if I can only make a few of the events?

Also what about the Corvette ZR1?   Can I enter with that?   I'm really only interested in racing with Chevy cars.   (what kind of tires are allowed?)

From the OP it looks like you should be able to use the ZR1 - barely.  IIRC it's 620PP in stock trim, considering that after the oil change it's at about 650 HP.

Check your car in the garage and select the 'Tuning' option.  On the right hand side it will show you the PP level as well has HP & the like.  The OP did state that you cannot use the power limiter to fit into the 620PP level.

Hope that helps,

The Revengel

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 8 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Mar 9, 2011

The_Revengel wrote:

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

From the OP it looks like you should be able to use the ZR1 - barely.  IIRC it's 620PP in stock trim, considering that after the oil change it's at about 650 HP.

Check your car in the garage and select the 'Tuning' option.  On the right hand side it will show you the PP level as well has HP & the like.  The OP did state that you cannot use the power limiter to fit into the 620PP level.

Hope that helps,

The Revengel

TPRA

If not the SS 2010 Camaro SHOULD be able to enter!

Anyway, I can`t use the power limiter, but I can see if adding worse parts will do the trick.  (IE, switch back to original exhaust, filter, etc. instead of using all the high-quality stuff.)   My Vette may be too MAXED-OUT to enter though.

Message 9 of 670 (268 Views)
0 Likes