Sackboy
576 posts

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 12/20 @ Sarthe 2009 )

Dec 23, 2012

dont let hte door hit you on the a$$ on the way out go-jet.     If you cant race and have fun then you dont need to be racing at all.  If you want SIM-RACING go to iracing. But i imagine of you acted there the way you do on gt5 everytime you spin out, the race hosts would just block you from racing with them.  The only time i stick around is when your driving away from the field. Good to hear about your ps3. Now we dont have to worry about your **bleep** wAAAAMMMbulance rantings on the chat box everytime you wreck yourself, distracting everyone else still racing.  And YOUR crying about etiquette??? LMFAOOOOO

ANYWAYS

i was actaully thinking about that PP limit going down.   i dont think it will do much.  in my 375PP league the hondas are still primarily the fastest cars. Some can keep up better but for the most part its still the same ff cars that win as what we saw in the FFseries. I was actaully thinking about suggesting that we up it from 600 to 650 and leaving the race tires on.  Maybe its something we can test out before season 4 starts?

one other thought i had was keeping the PP limit at 600.... for Racing softs.  and if you want to race on Race Mediums you could have 610pp or race hards at 620pp.  everyone would qualiy on RS at 620 but at the time of green flag we would have the PP limits impossed.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 261 of 271 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 12/20 @ Sarthe 2009 )

Dec 23, 2012

Well I tried using Explorer and the standings and results won't show up, giving me a html error lol. I will send out the next batch of prizes today before I leave town. Ken will get the 1000 ticket and eci will get the paints and when I get back in town eci will get the ticket and so on and so forth.

@F1 - nice time man. I know I can get down below 20 minutes if I can keep from spinning lol. I will try again next week, I hope those events are still up there.

@ Ken and Gojet - please keep those kinds of comments thru private messages. Thanks

@ Ken - I'm all for testing out anything and everything. This coming Thursday I can't but how about next Tuesday if it works for everyone?

I'm out guys. Have a good holiday.

Message 262 of 271 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - Finished

Dec 23, 2012

I'm looking into some software that can hopefully recover some lost data. Unfortunately, most of this software is pricy, and I don't want to pay for them if they might not work.

Fingers crossed. I've learned my lesson. I won't be lazy from now on. I will make full-system backups of my PS3 from now on.

I had a feeling Ken would simply laugh at my misfortune, but I did not want to be the one to start a flame war.

Thanks for proving your maturity and sympathy, Ken. I noticed you don't even want to take pride in winning the Le Mans Series.

Sorry Wagg.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 263 of 271 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Anywho, more on Gojet's point about the draft. I see no reason to run strong draft on road course's. All it does is is cause havoc in the turns.

Atleast 4 maybe 5 times at the last race it happened total dive bombs, caused by the draft. Save strong draft for the oavls.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 264 of 271 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Hey Wagg.  No rush on the prizes man.  Take your time....

Dec 23, 2012

Hey Wagg.  No rush on the prizes man.  Take your time.

As for all the talk of rule changes.....I personally like the series just the way it is, with the addition of the lower PP (570 or something I think is what was mentioned?) and maybe a tire penalty if you choose to go that route.  

Most importantly.....have a great Christmas man!  Thanks for putting on another great series. 

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 265 of 271 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Re: Hey Wagg. No rush on the prizes man. Take your time....

Dec 24, 2012

i left the lemans series after 3 weeks,  leading the standings not because i had no pride in your series, but because i race Saturdays and Sundays in real life. Once april came my racing started... This is just a game i play for fun and fun alone. I dont take online gaming overly serious. 

I dont think there is a problem with late braking,  diving into turns as long as your not taking someone out in the process. I brake late and pitch the car almost all the time.  i noticed that at Cape Ring and Sarth more then ever.

i dont really want to see a major overhaul but its your league and ill run what ever you choose to do bud.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 266 of 271 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

I've given up trying to copy and paste the finale results and the final standings with Works. Don't know why it won't paste all the sudden when it was fine for whole season it seemed like. Anyways here are the results from the finale:

1) face
2) ice

3) eci

4) ken

5) wyld

6) wagg

7) gojet

Here are the final standings which adjust for the lowest finish being dropped from overall points gained:

1) ken - 135 points

2) eci - 131

3) ice - 105

4) wagg - 94

5) face - 86

6) pete - 78

7) wyld - 55

8) jecs - 24

9) gojet - 19

10) tacos - 5

11) henderse - 3

12) juan - 3

I'm going to resume sending the season ending prizes today.

Message 267 of 271 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 27, 2012

thanks for the prizes and everything ive got so far.   looking forward to some S4 testing :-)

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 268 of 271 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Man, I haven't gotten an email alert from any event threads that I'm subscribed to in well over a week!  Is GT5 dead?  I personally haven't played since the last race in this series.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 269 of 271 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I think it kind of is. It's a side effect of people becoming used to annual-release games.

By the way, I got my hard drive fixed without losing any data! I posted the full story in my sig.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 270 of 271 (59 Views)
0 Likes