Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: TM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 10, 2012

Yeah you can do either pp or hp/weight but not both. Last night my clk had 617 pp at 1000 kg with max downforce and 600 pp at 1200 kg with max downforce. Next week we could try a pp limit at 600 or less and see if it helps even the field. That way if someone wants to run max df on the clk they would have less power than the other cars. Might work, not sure though.

Message 31 of 343 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 10, 2012

600 pp limit might  help in leveling out, since the  cars are almost similar and  same touring class.   Its worth testing with 600 pp limit.   I agree with you wagg, good  suggestion. 

Message 32 of 343 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 11, 2012

We test for a reason guys....good idea, I think we have to go with a PP limit since the Mercedes dominates.

Follow me on Twitter @AirLogan500
Driver of the No. 8 R.K. Motorsports Chevrolet.
Message 33 of 343 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Great suggestions guys.  We can try out 600PP +- a few points at the next test session.  I did a comparison between the Audis TT-R, A4 and the Opel Astra  and what their stats would be with a 600PP limit.  I originally considered a 600PP so I think it's a good idea to try it out.

Audi TT-R: 599PP @ 487HP, 1080 KG, full downforce

Audi A4: 600PP @488HP, 1080 KG, full downforce; stage 2 turbo (engine reduction to 98.7%)

Opel Astra: 600PP @ 473HP, 1000KG, full downforce; stock turbo (engine reduction to 99.2%)

Message 34 of 343 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Hey Wisc, I will try to participate. I would like to run the Alfa Romeo 155 which is a DTM car. Alfa ran in the DTM in the 90's when active everything got banned in F1.... Anyway, it's a legit DTM car, so I hope I can run it. I don't think it's particularly competitive, but that doesn't really bother me.

A car that isn't a DTM car, but would be fun to add would be the Aussie V8 Supercars Ford Falcon. It seems legit to include Ford as a German manufacturer. That would add a little more variety to the field without compromising the intentions. As far as I know, it's the only Aussie V8 in GT5, so it's kind of a misfit...

If it's okay, I'll test with you next Monday.

Thanks,

JCH8r

Message 35 of 343 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 13, 2012

JCH8r wrote:

Hey Wisc, I will try to participate. I would like to run the Alfa Romeo 155 which is a DTM car. Alfa ran in the DTM in the 90's when active everything got banned in F1.... Anyway, it's a legit DTM car, so I hope I can run it. I don't think it's particularly competitive, but that doesn't really bother me.

A car that isn't a DTM car, but would be fun to add would be the Aussie V8 Supercars Ford Falcon. It seems legit to include Ford as a German manufacturer. That would add a little more variety to the field without compromising the intentions. As far as I know, it's the only Aussie V8 in GT5, so it's kind of a misfit...

If it's okay, I'll test with you next Monday.

Thanks,

JCH8r

Hey JC!  Glad to see that you're interested; I was going to see if you wanted to join.  Yes, you are correct the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 is in fact a DTM car.  The only reason I did not include it was that I assumed it would not be competitive, and I have never seen this car come up so I was never able to test it.  If there is interest to use the Alfa Romeo by all means please feel free to use that car.  I will update the OP over the weekend to include both the Alfa Romeo and the Mercedes 190 E.  I would like to keep the series more towards DTM cars so I don't think I will include the Ford Falcon.  Don't get me wrong, I think the Aussie Supercars are awesome I just think it would be too much of a misfit.

Yes, you are more than welcome to test with us on Monday and participate in as many races as you can.  As a side note we are going to test PP limits instead of HP/Weight limits this coming Monday.  Plan to test your cars at or around 600PP.  I haven't done any tuning on my cars yet besides adjusting downforce and HP so I wouldn't worry about that.  Last Monday's test session was very casual and the next two will be the same way.

Thanks for letting me know about the Alfa Romeo!  Any more suggestions or thoughts are strongly encouraged.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=16

Message 36 of 343 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Sorry wisc cant make it next mon. to test.

Follow me on Twitter @AirLogan500
Driver of the No. 8 R.K. Motorsports Chevrolet.
Message 37 of 343 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 13, 2012
No worries speed
Message 38 of 343 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 15, 2012

*Updated OP to allow two new cars:

Alfa Romeo and Mercedes-Benz

Message 39 of 343 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Hey wisc, are you going to allow the BMW rides into the series? I was just wondering cause during the first test session you guys were talking about it and I forget if you said yay or nay. You had the car selection set to DTM I believe and the BMWs did not show up on my car list to use and I know I have at least one of them. Just wondering is all.

Message 40 of 343 (318 Views)
0 Likes