Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 7, 2012

Well I practiced for a bit today and I tell you, I must be using the Ferraris too much in the new seasonals because every car understeered like crazy.

Message 21 of 343 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 8, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Well I practiced for a bit today and I tell you, I must be using the Ferraris too much in the new seasonals because every car understeered like crazy.

It might just be those F1 cars.  I haven't experienced that much understeer with these cars yet.  In my opinion they seem pretty well balanced and easy to drive.  Couple of things in my set ups that you might want to check or play around with if you are having understeer issues.  First I have not been running that much downforce with these cars as DTM cars typically have loads of downforce to begin with.  I would suggest lowering the rear wing.  Also, I have have running TC at 1 or 0.  Lastly, I do not use ASM as I feel that produces a lot of understeer with any car.  What track were you driving at?  Speed and I were driving today at cote d'azur and since it's a slow speed/narrow track I was not getting the cars to rotate as much as  I would like.

Message 22 of 343 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 8, 2012
Yeah nice testing with you also, I need to get my teammate to test with us, his psn is carl2448. I'm kicking myself for not buying the A4, oh well i'll just have to cycle the used dealer....BUT i did come across one of the Opels, the '94 one. I did not experience understeer yesterday because I like loose cars so much compared to tight cars. Cote D Azur is a tough track to setup for.
Follow me on Twitter @AirLogan500
Driver of the No. 8 R.K. Motorsports Chevrolet.
Message 23 of 343 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Hey everyone the first test session is tomorrow night at 8pm est.

Remember this is optional, no points will be awarded.  This is just an opportunity for everyone to test the approved cars and the current rules and regulations.  The practice will take place in my lounge at 8; send me a friend request if you would like to join.  

Message 24 of 343 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jul 9, 2012

I'll be bringing the opel astra the FR one.

Can some one send me a vauxhaul one? i've never even seen one before and the opel is my favorite one. I know they are pretty much the same but i'd like to run the vauxhual.

thanks.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 25 of 343 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 9, 2012

i'll be there as soon as I get home which should be around 8

Follow me on Twitter @AirLogan500
Driver of the No. 8 R.K. Motorsports Chevrolet.
Message 26 of 343 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:

I'll be bringing the opel astra the FR one.

Can some one send me a vauxhaul one? i've never even seen one before and the opel is my favorite one. I know they are pretty much the same but i'd like to run the vauxhual.

thanks.

Hey Juan,

The Opel Astra is a good pick- I am liking that one too.  I am pretty sure that we can not trade these cars as they are over the 1,000,000 credit limit.  Also, you are correct the Vauxhaul is nothing more than a rebadged Opel.  Besides performance the two cars look the same except one has Opel branding and the other Vauxhaul.

Message 27 of 343 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Speed_Energy wrote:

i'll be there as soon as I get home which should be around 8

no problem.  I will probably open up the room in about 45 minutes and then stick around for at least an hour and a half.

Message 28 of 343 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: TM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 10, 2012

Thanks to everyone that joined for the first test session.  It was nice to have different cars on the track to test them simultaneously.  Couple of things we learned:

•  Merc CLK is in a league of its own (Wagg, Ice, Speed- would you agree?)
  •  The rest of the cars seem pretty well matched
  •  we tested higher weight limit (1200kg), but the result seemed the same

Couple of options we could try

1.  weight limit at 1080kg; this would raise the weight on the CLK and Opel to match the Audis
  2.  switch HP/Weight limits to PP limits

*other options or suggestions are welcome

Also, we will add the Mercedes 190 E 2.5 Touring Car to the list of approved cars

Message 29 of 343 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: TM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2012

yes  Mercedes CLK seems to be the fastest car of the lot.   

1080 kg will make all the cars with same weight limit.   Using PP limit might even out the CLK advantage, but  I think its not possible to set PP and hp/weight limit.   We could test all the possibilites next time.

Message 30 of 343 (313 Views)
0 Likes