Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 30, 2012

Round 1 of the DTM starts tomorrow night!

Nurburgring GP/F; 26 laps

I will open the room up in my lounge at 8pm est and the race will start at 9pm est sharp. 

Couple of notes about tomorrow's qualifying.  Qualifying will be set using the online setting of "fastest first".  The qualifying process used in sailworksman's Lexus IS F series provides a lot more accurate results for qualifying; however, it requires everyone join the room during the qualifying process.  For this series the room will open at 8 and you are allowed to practice and set your fastest times for 1 hour.  I will notify everyone with 10 and 5 minutes left of qualifying/practice.  Just a heads up about the "fastest first" setting.  I believe we have found in Gojet's Le Mans series that if you leave the track to make any change to the car you will lose your fastest time.  I suggest you try to finish tuning your car before you enter the room.  If you must leave for some reason I suggest you pull off the track and put the car in park.

The OP is now current.  See everyone at the track tomorrow!

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 343 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jul 30, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:

Round 1 of the DTM starts tomorrow night!

Nurburgring GP/F; 26 laps

I will open the room up in my lounge at 8pm est and the race will start at 9pm est sharp. 

Couple of notes about tomorrow's qualifying.  Qualifying will be set using the online setting of "fastest first".  The qualifying process used in sailworksman's Lexus IS F series provides a lot more accurate results for qualifying; however, it requires everyone join the room during the qualifying process.  For this series the room will open at 8 and you are allowed to practice and set your fastest times for 1 hour.  I will notify everyone with 10 and 5 minutes left of qualifying/practice.  Just a heads up about the "fastest first" setting.  I believe we have found in Gojet's Le Mans series that if you leave the track to make any change to the car you will lose your fastest time.  I suggest you try to finish tuning your car before you enter the room.  If you must leave for some reason I suggest you pull off the track and put the car in park.

The OP is now current.  See everyone at the track tomorrow!

Sounds good, wisc.  I managed to get a little practice time in with these cars today.  It seems like most people will be using the Mercedes or BMW, so I opted to work on a different car.  I was definitely faster with the BMW, but figured I would try to add some diversity to the series. :-)  See you guys tomorrow.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 343 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

A little late to the party, but I'd like to join the series, if there's room left.  I'll be in my lounge testing cars and tuning for much of the day, if anyone (else) is looking for some last-minute practice.

EDIT:  What cars are in the field at the moment?  I've got all of the eligible cars; my sentimental favorite is the M3, but I'd like to choose either an under-represented car or something that balances out the field in the Manufacturers Cup

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 343 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

So if were to set our qualification times in a hours time, than we should be at the track at 7:00PM. Right??

An BTW where are you in the US (State). Because when I got to that last practice in your lounge, it was an hour and a half early here in Louisiana.

(Street Slang): Where Yah At?   (Normal English) From which state are you? :smileytongue:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 343 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 30, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

So if were to set our qualification times in a hours time, than we should be at the track at 7:00PM. Right??

An BTW where are you in the US (State). Because when I got to that last practice in your lounge, it was an hour and a half early here in Louisiana.

(Street Slang): Where Yah At?   (Normal English) From which state are you? :smileytongue:

Be in the room at 8PM EST...That is when qualifying will start. The race will start at 9PM EST. Wisc will let us know when we have 10,and 5 minutes left in qualifying then he will start the race. And like he said, once you leave the track, your fast time goes out the window so find a good tune before the race and stay on the track. Thats what I got from his previous post. 

If two eyes are better than one, then I guess I’m S#!T outta luck!
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 343 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 30, 2012

What up guys. I'm still undecided on what ride I'm going to use but I'll probably end using the CLK cause I want to place in the top three at least once in this series lol. A copout I know but with the quality of drivers we got, I need all the advantage I can get lol. See you guys on the track.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 343 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

Got yah so that's 20 hundred hours.

Edit: See you all there!:smileytongue:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 343 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 30, 2012

hey guys sorry for not responding quick enough...I just got home from work

@eci

That's good news that you will be able to join us.  Feel free to use any car on the list.  I just didn't want 90% of the people in the series to use the CLK

@no affiliations

yes, we have plenty of room.  Please feel free to join us.  Hopefully see you at the race tonight.  Please send me a friend request if you have not already

@White

all times are Eastern.  The room will open at 8pm eastern and the race will start at 9pm eastern sharp.  You may join the room anytime between 8pm and 8:59pm eastern.  Once the room opens at 8pm eastern you have 1 hour to put down your fastest lap, practice, or make changes to the car.  However, with the setting of "fastest first" once you leave the track you will lose your time.  I decided with this 1 hour practice/qualifying session to be flexible with everyone.  I know at some point people will not be able to join until right before the race starts.  This system allows everyone to race even if you can't join until 5 minutes before.  It's up the driver to decide how much practice or qualifying time they need before the race.  As Tuna stated, if you can join at 8- enter the room at 8

@Wagg

Feel free to use the CLK if you want.  I really have no problem with it.  I just hope no more than half the field shows up with it.

Round 1 opens in 40 minutes!!! See everyone there!

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 343 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

Ahhhh Man :smileyindifferent: this is going to be ran in the Open Lobby. Now I have to search for it! :smileymad:

Man I thought this would be ran in his Lounge. I'm still looking and I'm on Room Select 88., I'm going to try three more rooms and then I'm out period!:smileyindifferent:

Ok that's it for me guys nothing in rooms 38, 42, 49 I'm out sorry.

Now if you all need any othere prize donations let me know.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 343 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
751 posts

Jul 30, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Ahhhh Man :smileyindifferent: this is going to be ran in the Open Lobby. Now I have to search for it! :smileymad:

Man I thought this would be ran in his Lounge. I'm still looking and I'm on Room Select 88., I'm going to try three more rooms and then I'm out period!:smileyindifferent:

Ok that's it for me guys nothing in rooms 38, 42, 49 I'm out sorry.

Now if you all need any othere prize donations let me know.

It's not 8:00pm yet, give him 15 minutes and check wisc's name in community.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 343 (278 Views)
0 Likes