Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Whose waggle? Sorry wagg my cell phone auto corrected your name. I will edit that later.

Message 51 of 343 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I wasn't trying to get the slipstream lowered i was just pointing it out that the races will be close because of it. it makes it interesting because there are cars that can run us slower cars down.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 52 of 343 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Hey wisc, guys.  I'm still hoping to get in on this series as soon as I'm back home.  Never really raced these cars that much.  Looking forward to it.  I've been keeping tabs on the thread via my phone, so I think I'm pretty up to date.  I'll just have to do some shopping for a car once I'm back to my beloved PS3.  :-)

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 53 of 343 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jul 17, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:
Whose waggle? Sorry wagg my cell phone auto corrected your name. I will edit that latter.

And I was dying laughing when I read the waggle message.  LOL

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 54 of 343 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 18, 2012

@ Juan

I am glad you brought up the strong slipstream setting.  I was just explaining my thought process on why I originally selected it.  I know you were not asking it to be changed you were just stating your observation.  I think the Astra is one of the better cars, but if it can't exactly stay on the back of a CLK at least it has a chance on catching it on the next straight.  Please anyone else let me know what you think about this setting.

@eci

Good to hear from ya again!  Hope you can move back into your house and join us soon.  I had not driven these cars too much before either, but after testing them for a while I thought creating a series around these cars would be a lot of fun.  The cars are very easy to drive (compared to LMP cars) and with the natural amount of downforce they provide they can take a lot of corners very fast.

Also, glad to see that someone else got a laugh out of my post.  Post has been corrected-sorry again Wagg.

Message 55 of 343 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Guys I have yet to see any one ask about the use of the damage mode in this race series. With the damage mode on, some times it gives folks the idea of cheating, a grate way to move up from there low positions.

I have bean in some of the online races and ether I would be takin out by the Room leader's friends or otheres that wanted my position. An when I would inform the Room Host, they would always say "Sorry: I didn't see any thing over and over. So if it happons in this series how would the room or lounge host know if your racing with us and you will be racing with us wont you? ((WiscR56))

An folks I realy don't feel that rubbing is racing!  Said by (Mr. Duvall of Days of Thunder). Smiley Mad

Photobucket
Message 56 of 343 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Hey White_R34, how's it going?

I don't believe you have raced with our group yet and if I'm wrong about that sorry. However, not sure where you are coming from here. We have a tight group that races extremely clean. Yes bumps happen from time to time but 99% of our racing is very clean. If anything does happen in the races that the host needs to review, well that is what replays are for. Wisc runs a tight ship and is very organized so if you decide to race with us, I have no doubt that you will enjoy yourself and have fun in these cars. Peace

Message 57 of 343 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Hi White,

We will have the damage set to 'light' for this series.  I think this is a good compromise between those who want none and those who would like the setting set at 'heavy'.  Any damage occurred when the setting is set at "light" goes away fairly quickly.  One of the main reasons why we race in private lounges is to get away from some of the intentional crashes you most likely experienced in the public rooms.  I couldn't agree more with wagg on that you have found of group of people who emphasize clean racing.  I have raced with everyone that has shown interest in this series or those who have participated in our first two practice sessions and everyone is very respectful of each other.  Naturally there will be crashes and bumps.  Yet these are usually caused by driver mistakes (missed braking zone, touched the grass, entered the corner wrong, got on the throttle too soon, etc).  I have completed a lot of races with these people and I have never seen anything intentional.  If you feel something was, as wagg stated, we can always look at the replay after the race.

The key is to know your racing line and those around you.  Everyone does a pretty good job of giving people room and not forcing passes if they can't be done cleanly. 

Message 58 of 343 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Hey everyone if you are looking for another DTM car the Online Dealership has the Mercedes CLK Touring Car.

Message 59 of 343 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Hey wisc, I'd like to join in with you guys. I'll send you a friend request when i get a chance. Not sure what car i'll be using yet but i'll let you know in a bit.

If two eyes are better than one, then I guess I’m S#!T outta luck!
Message 60 of 343 (572 Views)
0 Likes