Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Oct 9, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Good race last night. I had a few offs and battled with JC for a few laps before I made a mistake and beached the merc and away he went lol.

Getting disillusioned with the Mercedes. It doesn't have enough hp to keep up with the other cars. Although I'm 99.9% sure it's the driver lol. Remember all the talk before the season started about banning the CLK. lol

@wagg, My bimmer was untouchable at the start of the season, then I started adjusting things willy nilly (I've always wanted to say that, lol) and now my car handles like garbage. I need a good full day of testing and tuning to work out all the kinks. Is there a possibility that you have gone in the wrong direction when tuning your car as I did? That merc always worked great for me. 

With that being said, I think the new update really changed the handling in the BMW. Not sure about the other cars, but mine doesn't feel the same. If I get time this week, I'm gonna try to put some time into the car and get it back to where I started. Only two races left and I need every point I can get to secure the Championship. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 281 of 343 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Qualified 2nd and the car felt great. At the beginning, I couldn't keep up with Gojet and since I'm nowhere in the championship, I pretty much let the field through to give chase. Then ran pretty competitive laps with the usual one or two mistakes and bad tyre wear that eventually dropped me back to 7th of 8 finishers. I'm feeling better about my performance and learning how to take care of the tyres. Hope F1Cheetor didn't think my question was rude, about what strategy he was running. I'll just look at the replay.

It was fun battling for 5th-7th. I should have finished 6th but got thinking too much with a lap left and totally screwed up the chicane before the start finish line. 

I cranked up the rear roll bar for Autumn Ring and scored some killer drift points that should be added to my championship total. ;-) 

Message 282 of 343 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 9, 2012

JCH8r wrote:

I cranked up the rear roll bar for Autumn Ring and scored some killer drift points that should be added to my championship total. ;-) 

Turns out Drift points are browny points not championship points :robotlol:

Message 283 of 343 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Great race again last night. Congrats Gojet on another win and thanks F1 for joining us for last nights race. We hope you can make the last two races. Thanks again to everyone who has shown up and participated in this first season. Everyones contribution has been
appreciated.
Message 284 of 343 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I watched a bit of the race from last night.  GoJet was butter smooth on the track...entering into or exiting out of a corner, taking the apex, all seemed so perfect from outside looking in.  At around lap 5, although someone's fastest lap was almost 1 second faster than GoJet up to that point, GoJet time was so consistent for those few laps I watched to be in the lead for the entire straight in only 1/5 of the race.  Nice one, and much for me to learn to drive at that level of commitment and consistency.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 285 of 343 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Oct 9, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:
Great race again last night. Congrats Gojet on another win and thanks F1 for joining us for last nights race. We hope you can make the last two races. Thanks again to everyone who has shown up and participated in this first season. Everyones contribution has been
appreciated.

I was so hoping you would not forget to add me wisc so that I could join the race. The race was so much fun! I was was bummed that I got bumped off I believe coming out of turn 3 and into the dirt(sand). My strategy pretty much changed after that incident.

But, like in all races I enter I never give up but up the anti and work my way back up front. I was pretty jazzed that I was able to set fastest lap time during the race. I believe I achieved that at lap 15. I for sure want to join the next one as well if I plan my day right it should work out for me. Lot of good guys in the room who made it hard for me to get by. But then again I relish that. It just makes me approach them differently as I study their style.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 286 of 343 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Oct 9, 2012

JCH8r wrote:

Qualified 2nd and the car felt great. At the beginning, I couldn't keep up with Gojet and since I'm nowhere in the championship, I pretty much let the field through to give chase. Then ran pretty competitive laps with the usual one or two mistakes and bad tyre wear that eventually dropped me back to 7th of 8 finishers. I'm feeling better about my performance and learning how to take care of the tyres. Hope F1Cheetor didn't think my question was rude, about what strategy he was running. I'll just look at the replay.

It was fun battling for 5th-7th. I should have finished 6th but got thinking too much with a lap left and totally screwed up the chicane before the start finish line. 

I didn't exactly know how to take your question posed to me last night JCH. Something about the car I chose and was it RM? does that stand for RACING MODIFICATION? That is what I thought I saw written? But looking at what you have posted here helped me realize what you probably really meant. If it was what my strategy was for the race. Well, it had to change after I was bumped off and into the dirt. I now had to drive to really minimize my tire wear so as to pit later than the rest so I could at least be in the top 4. I pretty much knew that the leader was wearing his tires fast just to maintain his gap that he had. Looking at the replay, I guessed it right too. To go from last to 2nd place felt pretty good. I just patiently waited for my moments to pass the other great racers.

Like the battle between tguns and peyepete. I was hoping to capitalize with them two trying to fight for their saved position and that their battle was effecting their tire wear as well. I made it happen:smileyhappy:

Plus, I really love the Suzuka track. It really is a track that has a high tire wear rate. Heck, even in Formula 1 the drivers have to carefully strategize on conserving tire wear-when to push, when to maintain- or else risk losing a position or two. I was really glad to be a part of the group.

Who said it?
Message 287 of 343 (85 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Oct 10, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:

JCH8r wrote:

I didn't exactly know how to take your question posed to me last night JCH. Something about the car I chose and was it RM? does that stand for RACING MODIFICATION? That is what I thought I saw written? But looking at what you have posted here helped me realize what you probably really meant. If it was what my strategy was for the race. Well, it had to change after I was bumped off and into the dirt. I now had to drive to really minimize my tire wear so as to pit later than the rest so I could at least be in the top 4. I pretty much knew that the leader was wearing his tires fast just to maintain his gap that he had. Looking at the replay, I guessed it right too. To go from last to 2nd place felt pretty good. I just patiently waited for my moments to pass the other great racers.

Like the battle between tguns and peyepete. I was hoping to capitalize with them two trying to fight for their saved position and that their battle was effecting their tire wear as well. I made it happen:smileyhappy:

Plus, I really love the Suzuka track. It really is a track that has a high tire wear rate. Heck, even in Formula 1 the drivers have to carefully strategize on conserving tire wear-when to push, when to maintain- or else risk losing a position or two. I was really glad to be a part of the group.

Glad to have you onboard in this series F1. I wish I had spent more time tuning my car but that wasnt' the case. In most cases I can run with Gojet but this time my  car was way out of line. It felt like a Marussia driven by Timo...lol. I'm hoping to work on my car one day this week so I can run up front for the last two races. It was fun trying to hold you off but since I had to pit on lap 7 I knew I couldn't make it happen. Good clean racing with you and hope to race with you again next week. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 288 of 343 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I will post last race results and update the standings after work today. I took a quick look and tguns and Pete are within a few points of eachother once you add the extra points from the mfg cup.

On another note I want to focus on the last two races but would anyone be interested in a second season of DTM? I probably wouldn't start it until the last week in November or the first week in December. We can discuss in more detail later but I am just trying to get a count of those who may be interested
Message 289 of 343 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Depending on time and the day you choose for the second DTM series I am in for sure.

Who said it?
Message 290 of 343 (49 Views)
0 Likes