Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Sep 30, 2012

Race Tomorrow Night- 10/1 34 laps at Circuito De Madrid

Only 4 races left in the first season of DTM and everything is still pretty close.  See everyone tomorrow night.

Message 251 of 343 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Thanks wisc for hosting this series. I'm gonna be late tomorrow night. I haven;t had any practice yet for madrid but hopefully I get my car in chenck before the race...

AAhhhhhhh beer is good.....hope the giants beat the eagles tonight!!!!

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 252 of 343 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Oct 1, 2012

wiscR56,  send me a friend request...  i like madrid... :-)

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 253 of 343 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 1, 2012

ok I am going to finish the next 4 races with Audi A4 30 points will closeup the gap to wisc, wagg, gojet  Robot Happy

wiscR56 wrote:

1st-30 points

2nd-15 points

3rd-5 points

if the season ended today and if you include the Manufacturers Cup points the overall standings would be:

1- peyepete 117 points

2-tguns 16 116 points

3-NoLimitBig 87 points

4-wiscR56 63 points

5-WAGG_da_Dogg 56 points

6-Gojet-64 43 points *currently not eligible for Manufactures Cup, needs to race 2 more races with Audi

7-Iceandspice 43 points *currently not eligible for Manufactures Cup, nees to race 3 more races with Audi

8-JCH8r 27 points  *currently not eligible for Manufactures Cup, nees to race 1 more race with BMW

Message 254 of 343 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I missed two races so far this season so I don't think I can contend with third place so I'm going to battle with wisc for 4th . The Tigers might clinch the AL Central tonight so I'll be racing and keeping an eye on the game with my monitor turned towards me during the race lol.

Message 255 of 343 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Oct 1, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:

Only 4 races left in the first season of DTM and everything is still pretty close.  See everyone tomorrow night.

Hey wiscR56, do you have another series in the works when this one is done? Looking to participate in my 2nd one as I am new to online forums(somewhat new). Just curious because I wanna catch a series in its beginning stages. I am currently in a Miata TC series which is a blast to be in, but also wanna try a second one as mentioned.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 256 of 343 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Oct 1, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

wiscR56,  send me a friend request...  i like madrid... :-)

Hey Ken,

Please join us if you can.  I know we have raced together a few times in Gojet's Le Mans Series before.  I believe we are already friends and I have responded to your message.  You can only get the DTM cars from the online or used car dealerships.  I also do not think that I can send any to you as they are all over the trade limit.  I did make the better cars available for online sharing.  I am not sure exactly how that works but it's worth a try.  Hope to see you tonight.  Room will open at 8pm est for practice and racing starts at 9pm est.  I will try to check this forum a few more times before the race if you have any questions.

Message 257 of 343 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Oct 1, 2012

hey wagg,

yeah I think 3rd place is out of our reach.  I think as long as NoLimitBig continues to show up, finish well, and the addition of the 30 points from Audi (I think Audi pretty much has the Manufacturers  Cup wrapped up) he will get 3rd place. But 4th place is really close between you, Ice, and I so that's pretty cool.  Also Opel and Mercedes-Benz are fighting for the last spot in the Manufacturers Cup so there is still plenty for us to race for.

Message 258 of 343 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Oct 1, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:

wiscR56 wrote:

Hey wiscR56, do you have another series in the works when this one is done? Looking to participate in my 2nd one as I am new to online forums(somewhat new). Just curious because I wanna catch a series in its beginning stages. I am currently in a Miata TC series which is a blast to be in, but also wanna try a second one as mentioned.

Hey F1,

Finding a few race series to participate in is great.  I have had a pretty busy summer and fall so I have not been able to race in any others except the DTM.  I really want to race in the Miata TC series but I have been busy every Saturday night thus far.  You are more than welcome to join us for these last few races and I will include you in the standings.  I think some of the guys that race here also race in the Miata series.  There is a good core of us that race in the many of the series that are posted on the forum so you can expect to find good clean/organized racing.  I think the DTM series has been pretty successful so far. We typically have gotten about 7-8 people for each race.  We had more at the start, but that's typically to lose a few people.  If you're interested send me a friend request and I will do my best to answer any questions.

As of right now we have not discussed a second season.  I have learned a lot from hosting this series and I would be more than willing to host a second season of DTM if there is enough interest.  But if you can, please join us for the last few races.  This series is really for all of us.  All I do is host the races/practices, record the results, and post all the information.  Any additional ideas from you regarding season #2 would be helpful.

Message 259 of 343 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Just practiced for an hour or so with ice. Best lap was a 1:19. Can't believe how the new tire update makes these cars feel now, much better. Gonna be hard to pass clean tonight, as I saw against ice in a 5 lapper. Too many chicanes on this track lol.

Message 260 of 343 (75 Views)
0 Likes