Splicer
89 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

What kinda lap times are you guys running on Nurb GP/F?

I just jumped in the BMW for a bit and ran a 1:54.2 on softs. This car is ripping those tires apart around this track for me right now. Maybe after a little more tuning it will be better but it seems like I'll use Mediums or hards in the race. 

(EDIT)

Well i thought the CLK was way to much for the rest of the field but after running some laps in that car, i found that i was about .800 off of my fast time in the BMW. I'm more consistent in the Merc, but I'm sure i can get to that point in the Bmw. It seemed like the power of the Bimmer is what was giving it a chance. If i can get the bimmer's setup to be a little easier on the tires around GP/F, then i guess that will be the car to beat. Although, I have no clue what any of the other cars run here because i don't own any of them...

If two eyes are better than one, then I guess I’m S#!T outta luck!
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 343 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Hey Tuna,

a 1:54 is a great time for GP/F.  I know we tested there three weeks ago and I think Wagg set the fastest time in the Merc CLK at 1:54:xxx.  I did a 13 lap practice last week and I was averaging 1:57's 1:58's on softs. 

On low downforce tracks the BMW and the Audi's are as fast or slightly faster than the CLK; however, on medium to high downforce tracks the CLK is unstoppable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 343 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 26, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:

Hey Tuna,

a 1:54 is a great time for GP/F.  I know we tested there three weeks ago and I think Wagg set the fastest time in the Merc CLK at 1:54:xxx.  I did a 13 lap practice last week and I was averaging 1:57's 1:58's on softs. 

On low downforce tracks the BMW and the Audi's are as fast or slightly faster than the CLK; however, on medium to high downforce tracks the CLK is unstoppable. 

I hope you didn't make 13 laps on softs around that track.:smileysurprised: I could only manage a solid 7-8 laps on softs. But i guess i was pushing it on every lap. 

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 343 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 26, 2012

One_Eyed_Tuna wrote:

I hope you didn't make 13 laps on softs around that track.:smileysurprised: I could only manage a solid 7-8 laps on softs. But i guess i was pushing it on every lap. 

haha no.  I was getting 7-8 laps on a set of softs too. 

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 343 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 26, 2012

pshew...(is that how you say it? pshew? LOL) :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah i think the bimmer is a little harder on the tires than others. It is carrying a little more weight. 

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 343 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 27, 2012

ok everyone I haven't gotten too much feedback on the remaining few items so I have decided on the following.  Sorry if this upsets anyone.

• 600PP limit will be used instead of HP/Weight

•  We will race at Spa as originally planned. For those who don't have Spa or do not wish to purchase the DLC everyone will be allowed to drop their lowest result.  I will keep the overall standings on both page 1 of the forum and on my computer.  I will keep record of everyone's results for each track on my computer and show only the overall standings with the 1 drop on the forum.  There will be no drops for the Manufacturers Cup

•  BMW M3 GTR Race Car is now officially approved

•  Merc CLK will also be approved as originally planned.  I did not receive enough feedback to ban this car from the series.  If the CLK is the only car you have please by all means use it so that you can race with use; however if you have more opitions to select from I urge you to consider other cars.  Those that decide to race with the CLK will not be penalized or looked down upon.  Review of the CLK will be a season long process.  Please be aware that the CLK may be banned for season 2 if there is one.

*OP will be updated either tonight or tomorrow

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 343 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Looks good to me wisc. I've been cycling the UCD trying to find another DTM car but I've had no such luck. I'm gonna Use the BMW for this season...I just wish it wasn't soo heavy but the weight might come in handy at some point I guess?? (Not likely) 

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 343 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1295 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Ok guys I'll go to that track and lay down some laps and then post my times tomorrow.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 343 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1295 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Ok guys to day I got some laps times of 1:58 to 1:59 +++. I still need to work on the car to bring my lap times up.  "BUT" 26 laps..... man that's going to be a realy hard race.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 343 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 29, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Ok guys to day I got some laps times of 1:58 to 1:59 +++. I still need to work on the car to bring my lap times up.  "BUT" 26 laps..... man that's going to be a realy hard race.

Should be a fun one for sure. I have the BMW set up nicely right now. Hopefully i can pull off a nice drive. The car gets really loose on low fuel and/or medium tires. Plus i've been racing without ABS now and that adds another Huge challenge to the mix. I'll jump on again for a bit tomorrow (not sure what time) to make some final tweaks on my car. I'll post here if I get online. 

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 343 (266 Views)
0 Likes