Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 4, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

What's up wisc.  This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I will TRY to make it because weekdays are hard for me to make it.  Specially when I usually gets off work right about when the race starts

BTW, I don't know much about all the cars and its class, but what about that BMW (the one with the blue and white)?  Is that a Le Man's GT? and thus not a Touring car?

Hey John, how have you been?  That would be great if you can join this series.  At first I was thinking about putting this series on Sunday's during the same time as Gojet's Le Mans series.  However, the more I thought about it I didn't know exactly when the next Le Mans series was going to start and I didn't want this to interfere.  I also thought Monday was a good night since there are already established races on Wednesday and Thursday nights.  However, if there is interest to move the series to a different time or day I would consider it.   Otherwise, hope you can make it to as many races as possible.

As we have come to find out the term "GT car" is a broad description.  DTM cars typically have wider bodykits and wheel arches.  I know exactly what BMW you are talking about and it looks more like something that would race at Le Mans.  To be honest I am still 50/50 on if we should include this car.  This year BMW is back in the DTM, yet the car in the game technically does not look like the rest of the DTM cars.  BMW's new DTM car is below.

Message 11 of 343 (1,801 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Hey, wisc! I'll be interested in joining, as well. I'll have to take a little bit to decide which car I want to use.

By the way, The Le Mans Series will be starting on the first Sunday in August (August 5th). I wanted the Le Mans Series to be a bi-annual series with consistent dates from year to year It could theoretically go on forever if different people took leadership over the years. (Although I'm not planning on leaving the forums or Gran Turismo any time soon).

The two seasons for each year start on the first Sunday of February, and the first Sunday of August. This allows for 4 month long seasons with 2 months between each.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 12 of 343 (1,796 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 4, 2012

wiscR56 wrote:

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

I know I have the Mercedes and one of the Audis, the car with the blue paint and the red bull on it. I may have a Vaxhaull and an Opel not sure. I need to stop playing Ghost Recon too much and get with it on GT5 lol. Best of luck on your series dude. I'll be there.

The Mercedes is one of the few I don't have.  I have been playing all week to see if that will pop up in the used car dealership.  Glad to hear that you will be racing in this series!

I can't remember how much it costs but I'll try to send one to you today. I'll check too and see what other cars I have on the list. Anyone else in the series that needs a car on the list, feel free to ask me to send one, that is if they can be gifted. Guess I'll find out today lol.

Message 13 of 343 (1,787 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Hey wisc.  I'm hoping to be able to join your series when I get back into my house.  I'm hoping that I will be good to go by Race 1.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 14 of 343 (1,756 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 5, 2012

hey wisc,

I would like to join too,  There 2 BMW car  in GT5  link below with details of the car.   May be this will help you in decide 

320i Touring Car '03

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=78

M3 GTR Race Car '01

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=86

Message 15 of 343 (1,746 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2012

@Gojet

Hey Gojet glad to hear that you will be joining this series!  No need to decided on a car at the moment.  Take some time and pick whatever one from the list that you want.  We will also allow 1 free change in case you don't end up liking that car.  In the testing I have done so far I like the Opel Astra and the Audi A4.  I have yet to try out the Merc but I hear that's a pretty good car as well.  For the most part these cars seem pretty equal with each other so I don't think one has a large advantage over the others.

Thanks for the information about your Le Mans Series!  Count me in for the next season.

@eciracing

I am sorry to hear about your house.  There will be a spot for you in this series when you can make it back.

@iceandspice

Welcome to the DTM series!  Thanks for the information about the BMW's.  To be honest I am still undecided about including these cars.  What's everyone's thought about the BMW's?  Should we include them in this series?  I wouldn't technically classify these as "DTM" cars; however, BMW is back in the DTM.  Also, if we decide to include both of the BMW's I would add the Mercedes 190 E 2.5 Touring Car.  That way all the manufactures would have 2 cars.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=527

Message 16 of 343 (1,697 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Would really like to try out the DTM event...but I am already committed on Monday night GT5 hangout with the BPC clubmates.  Too bad really.  Good luck with the event.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 17 of 343 (1,684 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
28 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Count me in man, I would like to sign up. I don't know what car I want to use yet, but I will let you know during testing, Mondays are my best days to race.... Smiley Happy
Follow me on Twitter @AirLogan500
Driver of the No. 8 R.K. Motorsports Chevrolet.
Message 18 of 343 (1,681 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 7, 2012

NumbSkuld wrote:

Would really like to try out the DTM event...but I am already committed on Monday night GT5 hangout with the BPC clubmates.  Too bad really.  Good luck with the event.

Thanks for showing interest in this series.  Too bad you won't be able to commit.  If a Monday night opens up here and there feel free to join whenever you can. 

Message 19 of 343 (1,676 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Speed_Energy wrote:
Count me in man, I would like to sign up. I don't know what car I want to use yet, but I will let you know during testing, Mondays are my best days to race.... Smiley Happy

Hey Speed,

Nice driving with you for a little bit this afternoon.  Welcome to the series!  I checked and it won't let me give any of my DTM cars away.  Good luck on getting that A4 to show up.  The Opel and Merc are supposed to be pretty decent cars as well so watch for those too.

Message 20 of 343 (1,674 Views)
0 Likes