Highlighted
Jul 03 2012
By: wiscR56 Lombax Warrior 249 posts

DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

[ Edited ]
342 replies 1825 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

Welcome to the first season of Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters!  This will be a series for DTM cars only.  If you wish to take part please read the information below.  Anyone interested is welcome to join.  If you race once or the whole season you still will be included in the season standings.  All races will take part in private rooms, please send a friend request to:                wiscR56

Races will be Monday night- Room Opens At 8pm est/Race 9pm est

Rules

• 600 PP Limit
  • 1 free car change; 20 point fee for additional car changes
  • Good sportsmanship and clean driving!  There will be occasional bumping; however anything intentional will result in a points penalty or ban from the series for multiple offenses.
  • Know your racing line and those around you.
  • Lapped cars need to allow leaders to pass when it’s safe to do so.  Leading cars need to wait to pass lapped traffic when it’s safe to do so.  Remember even lapped cars are still racing
  • There will be no penalties, but shortcuts are not allowed.  If you overtake a car with a shortcut you must give the position back.  Try to keep at least 2 wheels inside the track at all times.  A few accidental shortcuts will be ok.
  • Open tires
  • Races will be approximately 45 minutes

Event Settings

• Grid Order/Qualifying: fastest first.  Lobby will open at 8pm est
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds
  • Penalties: off
  • Grip reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: on
  • Slipstream: Strong
  • Boost: off
  •  All assists allowed except Skid Recovery Force

Cars Allowed

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

Audi TT-R Touring Car '02

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

BMW M3 GTR Race Car

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II Touring Car

Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94

Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00

Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94

Manufacturers Cup

No points penalty if you must change your car.  The Manufacturer Cup will consist of Alfa Romeo (155 2.5 V6 TI ),  Audi (TT-R and A4), BMW,  Mercedes (CLK touring car and 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II ), Opel (Astra and Calibra, and Vauxhall (Astra and Calibra).  In the interest of keeping a diversified field, please try to select a car that is not already being used by many people.

Test Days

*Opportunity for everyone to test the approved cars without any points penalties.  These will take place in my lounge.  This will also serve for us to review all the rules and regulations and make any changes if need be.  No points will be given out and everyone is welcome to attend or not attend.

Monday, July 9th Test Day 1: Nurburgring GP/F and Circuito De Madrid @ 8pm est

Monday, July 16th Test Day 2: Autodromo Nazionale Monza and Road Course-Indy @8pm est

Monday, July 23rd Test Day 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca @8pm est

Season Schedule

July 30th- Nurburgring GP/F; 26 laps 1st tguns16

August 6th   – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca; 36 laps 1st tguns16

August 13th  – Grand Valley Speedway; 27 laps 1st Gojet-64

August 20th  – Deep Forest Raceway; laps 38 1st peyepete

August 27th – Cote D; Azur; 30 laps 1st tguns16

September 3rd- No race due to Labor Day

September 10th -Circuit De Spa-Francorchamps; 20 laps 1st tguns 16

September 17th  – Road Course Indy; 30 laps 1st tguns 16

September 24th – Fuji Speedway F; 28 laps 1st tguns 16

October 1st  – Circuito De Madrid; 34 laps 1st Gojet-64

September 8th  – Suzuka Circuit; 23 laps 1st Gojet-64

October 15th  – Autumn Ring; 38 laps 1st tguns16

October 22th - Autodromo Nazionale Monza; 26 laps 1st peyepete

*For those who don't have Spa or do not wish to purchase the DLC everyone will be allowed to drop their lowest result.  I will keep the overall standings on both page 1 of the forum and on my computer.  I will keep record of everyone's results for each track on my computer and show only the overall standings with the 1 drop on the forum.  There will be no drops for the Manufacturers Cup

Point System

1st 15 points

2nd 13 points

3rd 11 points

4th 9 points

5th 7 points

6th 5points

7th 4points

8th-16th 3points

Manufacturers Cup Point System

Manufacturers will be scored the same as individuals (1st 15points, 2nd 13 points, 3rd 11points…).  After each race the total points per manufacturer will be added together and then divided by how many drivers used that particular manufacturer .  Example: Audi finishes 2nd (13points), 3rd (11 points), 6th (5 points), and 7th (4points).  Points for Audi would be 33 divided by 4 drivers which would = 8.25 total points.  Total score will be rounded to the next whole number or a total of 9 points for Audi.  To be eligible for the manufacturer title a driver will have to use 1 manufacturer for at least half the season (6 races).  Drivers eligible will receive the following Manufacturer Cup points added to their driver’s standings 1st 30 points, 2nd 15 points, 3rd 5 points

Prizes

Those who completely finish a race will be give a set of racing soft tires for participation.  Prizes will be given out at the end of the season for those who finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall.

1st – Level 23 ticket, and Tuning Package: Racing Exhaust, Stage 1,2,3 turbo kits, Full custom transmission, full custom suspension, adjustable LSD, sports intake manifold, racing air filter.

2nd – Level 19 ticket, and Stage 1,2,3 turbo kits

3rd – NSX RM 91'

*anyone is welcome to donate additional prizes

Message 1 of 343 (1,825 Views)
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: DTM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

DTM Season 1 Final Standings

*updated 10/28/12

PositionDriverCarDrivers pointsManufacturer   Cup PointsTotal points
1peyepeteAudi A413530165
2tguns16BMW M3 GTR 14315158
3Gojet-64Abt Audi TT-R7830108
4NoLimitBigAbt Audi TT-R7530105
5wiscR56Opel Astra92597
6iceandspiceAudi A4633093
7JCH8rBMW M3 GTR 541569
8WAGG_da_DoggMercedes CLK63063
9F1CheetorOpel Astra26026
10eciracingVauxhall Astra 20020
11White_R34Vauxhall Astra 15015
12L_Keniston_13KAbt Audi TT-R11011
13Juan-d-Juarez Vauxhall Astra 909
14no_affillationsBMW M3 GTR 606

Manufacturers Cup

1Audi 115
2BMW109
3Opel 100
4Mercedes-Benz60
5Vauxhall 28
6Alfa Romeo6

Message 2 of 343 (1,824 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

Round 12- Monza

PositionDriverCarPoints
1peyepeteAudi A415
2F1CheetorOpel Astra13
3wiscR56Opel Astra11
4JCH8rBMW M3 GTR 9
5iceandspiceAudi A47
6tguns16BMW M3 GTR 5
7NoLimitBigAbt Audi TT-R4

PositionManufacturer Points
1Opel12
2Audi9
3BMW7
4Mercedes0
6Vauxhall0
6Alfa Romeo0

Message 3 of 343 (1,823 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Looks like fun. I'll sign up, tho I'm not sure what car I'll use.

Message 4 of 343 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

Yep it dose sound like fun but it's sad that the (Audi R8 LMS Team Playstation) isn't invited. Smiley Sad

Edit: Guys from going on the open lobby I see that there are many pages of race rooms. On which page dose this race fall? Or do you all run this under the "My Lounge" tracks?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 343 (1,805 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: TM Racing Series (German Touring Car Championship) - Season 1

Jul 4, 2012

WAG__ad__DOG wrote:

Looks like fun. I'll sign up, thou I'm not sure what car I'll use.

Hey Wag!  Haven't raced with you for a while.  You don't need to pick a car right at the moment.  If you're free come to some of the practice sessions and try out all of the cars if you would like.  In my opinion it's probably best to stay with the newer cars.  Also, I believe the online dealership has both Audio's and one of the People's at the moment.

Message 6 of 343 (1,795 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 4, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Yep it dose sound like fun but it's sad that the (Audi R8 LMS Team Playstation) isn't invited. Smiley Sad

Edit: Guys from going on the open lobby I see that there are many pages of race rooms. On which page dose this race fall? Or do you all run this under the "My Lounge" tracks?

Hey White,

Glad to see that you're interested in this series.  I thought about including the R8 team Playstion Audi, but it's not exactly a DTM car or styled like one.  In my opinion it probably belongs in a different GT class or something that you would see race at the 24 hours of Le Mans.  But the main reason why I did not included it is because Audi already has two cars and I wanted to keep things as even as possible.  However, if a lot of people really want to use it then maybe we can decide as a group. 

Good question- all those rooms are public rooms.  We typically race in private rooms so we actually get people who want to race and not crash into each other on purpose.  What you will need to do is send me a friend request, then select "community" once in GT mode.  From there all practices and races will be held in "My Lounge"

Message 7 of 343 (1,791 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I know I have the Mercedes and one of the Audis, the car with the blue paint and the red bull on it. I may have a Vaxhaull and an Opel not sure. I need to stop playing Ghost Recon too much and get with it on GT5 lol. Best of luck on your series dude. I'll be there.

Message 8 of 343 (1,785 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 4, 2012

What's up wisc.  This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I will TRY to make it because weekdays are hard for me to make it.  Specially when I usually gets off work right about when the race starts Man Sad

BTW, I don't know much about all the cars and its class, but what about that BMW (the one with the blue and white)?  Is that a Le Man's GT? and thus not a Touring car?

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 9 of 343 (1,776 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Jul 4, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

I know I have the Mercedes and one of the Audis, the car with the blue paint and the red bull on it. I may have a Vaxhaull and an Opel not sure. I need to stop playing Ghost Recon too much and get with it on GT5 lol. Best of luck on your series dude. I'll be there.

The Mercedes is one of the few I don't have.  I have been playing all week to see if that will pop up in the used car dealership.  Glad to hear that you will be racing in this series!

Message 10 of 343 (1,769 Views)
0 Likes