Feb 21 2013
By: SilverFoxLegacy Lombax Warrior 198 posts

Perseus Question

3 replies 239 views Edited Feb 21, 2013
Alright this will get confusing... But here we go.

My question is what is Perseus' shield in God of War 2?

The design of it is a gorgon head. There is a shield matching that description named the Aegis that is made from the head of a gorgon queen I believe.

In greek myth Perseus is actually the one to kill medusa instead of Kratos so normally he would be able to have that shield but since Kratos killed medusa that's not possible because Kratos took the head.

Also it can't be Euryale because Kratos took that too. The only remaining gorgon queen is Stheno.

HOWEVER. In the earliest reveal trailer there was an image of a snake haired woman. I'm gonna go ahead and say its stheno.

All that being said. I think it's safe to say that Perseus should not have that shield. If anyone could tell me something I don't know here that would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Re: Perseus Question

Feb 22, 2013

He did have a mirror like shield in mythology,but you shouldn't have to worry about it...believe me. The GOW universe is a mix of the actual mythology,and the media based on the mythology most of them being films. A lot of things make no sense like Perseus being alive despite he's the great grandfather of Heracles(Hercules) and looks younger than him,also some gods are titans,plus some titans aren't titans. Even the origin of the GOW is more violent compare to how the actual myth starts you saw the GOW:A demo right?Smiley Happy I find it funny.

Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Funny how?
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Because in the real mythology the first beings that came out of Chaos did was get down,and expanded,yet in the GOW universe the first thing they did was kill each other,and make well everything from their bodies...which is common in other mythologies like Norse,Babylonian,etc.

Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)
0 Likes