Apr 08 2010
By: ChokeAhoQuick Sackboy 415 posts

Suggest a strategy for beating Zeus??

6 replies 7 views Edited Apr 8, 2010

*spoilers*

So yeah...I'm at the part where Zeus and Kratos have their little fight next to Gaia's heart and I'm about at wit's end.  I used the Cestus, The Hooks, The Blades and The Whip...I spend most of the time countering with the Fleece and yet for some stupid reason even though on the screen it appears like I'm blocking 98% of the attacks coming my way and getting 30 to 50 hit combos in on Zeus several times...I just can't seem to beat him.

I watched a Youtube vid that had Kratos work the Cestus for a minute and then work in the Nemesis Whip...and the guy gets the QTE up in under two minutes.  I've been working this old bastard's ass for a little more than an hour now and even though it looks like I'm kicking the shit out of him...I can't win.

Help?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 1 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: Suggest a strategy for beating Zeus??

Apr 8, 2010

Use the Blades of Exile be aware and roll over many times attack him with square square triangle and when he goes to the heart hit him and try to get life from the heart and you can use all your magic when there is like 4 zeus!

Kimi Raikkonen sig
Message 2 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Apr 8, 2010

i watched a youtube video for my run through on titan difficulty. use the nemesis whip, make sure its fully apgraded and do the L1+O grab move with it. when gaias heart fills with health use the heavy attack from the nemesis whip to drain the heart before zeus gets to it. keep using the grab move, the fight might take a bit but you will beat it. also whenever he throw the lighting bolts at you block the bolts right before they hit you and you will parry the bolts back to him doing more damage. and when he summons 4 to 6 copies of himself switch over to blades of exile and use R2 to summon the army of sparta to take out the copies(it helps alot if your blades are also fully apgraded). i hope this helps. i know it helped me

Message 3 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
415 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Thanks, guys.  I actually just stuck close to the heart and countered using Hades Hooks.  I appreciate the suggestions.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 4 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 8, 2010

if you havent done this or you have all ready beat Zeus heres how I did it all you have to do for a while is use hercules fist and just keep using L1- O until you get him hurt him realy bad and the stay in his face.

Message 5 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Apr 8, 2010

When I was fighting Zeus (Titan Mode), he only ever got to the heart that one time. After that, every time I saw him charge up to rush the heart, I rolled to him and square, square, triangled him out of it, so he never had a chance to regain any health.

Other than that, it was a combination of blades, cestus, bow, dodging, blocking and spamming the heart for green orbs whenever my health got low. 

What difficulty are you playing it on btw? 

Message 6 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Notes: Max out cestus

Always keep your eyes peeled

Zeus part 1:

Just go near him. Block when he punches. Jump right after the second punch because he's gonna do the thunder clap and you can't block that. When he leaps for Lightning bolts, go under him and jump, then directly press circle when your near him. If he stays too long in the air, he's gonna do a thunder slam. Just time your jump with this one. this is pretty hard to escape and sometimes you just need to accept a hit. Keep doing this. After the first minigame, he will have a new attack. The lighning rise. Don't worry since it's blockable, buy stay blocking because he's gonna punch right after that. Keep doing the things you did before the first minigame until a second minigame comes out.

Zeus part 2:

Just dodge when he's gonna charge rush into you. block when he punches and keep blocking because he's gonna throw some bolts at you. Don't attack. it will waste your time. Gaia's gonna come out anyway to stop the fight.

Zeus part 3:

Do a hold triangle with the cestus. Kratos will jump with Zeus and when this happens, press circle. Just block his clone charge rush. Right after the rush, hold triangle again. attack with the triangle, triangle cestus combo. Bigger damage. When the heart lights up. hit it as fast as you can. It's a pretty good source of hp. After zeus gets some hp from gaia, he will summon a clone. Get away first so zeus will do some lightning bolt attack. focus your attack on the clone and make sure your attacking horizontally to where Zeus is firing at you. This will help you in not getting hit by the bolts.do the same thing. when he starts going up to the air to summon clones and do slams, wait for the real zeus' turn and jump whe he slams because his slam can get anywhere. when this happens, stop lifting him to air. It will be worse for you since it will just give him oppotunity to summon clones and slams. keep doing this and you will win for sure. and never ever f up.

Message 7 of 7 (7 Views)
0 Likes