Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Sony Santa Monica Working On Next God Of War Installment

Jan 6, 2012

There are  many game franchises that are really succesful, and they have way more games than god of war. Resident Evil and Halo come to my mind. Once the last game is released, people is already waiting the next one. So why god of war has to be different? Everyone loves the story and the gameplay, and developers have really kept the quality between the 5 games.

With that being said, I think that it is not the time to continue the story from the last game. I was thinking that perhaps a prequel should be the way to go, and this is my take on the story:

The first Great War should be the backstory, starting at the moment that Zeus sets free the gods from Kronos, then battling against them (until the moment that zeus creates the Sword of olympus), defeating them, and then setting each one of the titans on their own torment (Pandora's temple being chained to the back of cronos, Thera being imprisioned inside the volcano in atlantis, Typhon being imprisioned inside the icy mountain, along with prometheus, Atlas and hyperion chained in tartarus, and so on). Each one of this jobs could be a game level on itself.

Of course, we will be playing as Ares, the original god of war. If I remember correctly he already had weapons (A hammer and a sword), and he had shitloads of magic. Even his second form, in which he grows blades from his back, could be his "Rage Mode". Every titan that they defeat gives Ares more power, starting as just a warrior, until he reaches the status of God. The game should end at the moment the Ares saves Kratos from being killed by the Barbarian king, starting the story of the Ghost of Sparta...

Call it God of War: Rise of Olympus. Thats my suggestion for the new game.

charlyposho Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I'd be happier playing during the first Titanomach, the Gigantomachy, the Captain-Champion of Athena years, etc.  I'm not sure if I much like what the future may hold.  We shall see.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3602 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I'm calling this now, since the contestants on the Tester 3 are fighting for a job at santa monica, I predict that the new god of war will be revealed by the end of the show and that they will play it at the end

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Anyone here heard of Asura's Wrath? In case u haven't, it's the game that's gonna kill God of War.

http://slagzombie.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tourettes-guy-01.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Anyone here heard of stickmen1? In case u haven't, he is a troll that likes Asura's Wrath.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Feb 8, 2012

StrengthPower: >troll

Now, now.  I'm not too familiar with PSU rules, but it can't be desirable to go around calling gents trolls.

>likes Asura's Wrath

Not a crime.

stickmen: >heard of

I have.  Sampled, tested, researched, read of, etc.

>the game

>game

A fine joke.  Certainly a fine anime movie.  Even has interactive menus.

>kill GoW

Oh?  More likely a flash in the pan to be perfectly blunt.

The breakdown is something like this:

-40% Cutscenes

-20% Shooter (on-rails, running, free-falling, etc.)

-20% Simple Brawler (with context senstive bits)

-20% QTEs (75% of which don't matter beyond ranks)

It will be a simple, short and shallow game for casual's that desire an anime answer to Kratos while dumbing things down yet more.  FotNS, DBZ, Guts (Berserk), etc. for inspiration.  Really though, the game isn't much at all like proper Action games.  Mostly in that it is hardly a game and that which is...hasn't much to it.

It is a pity really.  I truly wanted to like it.  Especially with DmC and NGIII doing such a good job of destroying themselves.  Things look grim for SWFUIII and GoWIV rumors are doing nothing to dispel worry about the future of the series.  Indeed, Action is being crippled just as Horror now suffers in an attempt at a markert that is beyond their (niche) reach.

I have more hopes for Darksiders II than Asura's Wrath.  This said even though the last portions of the first entry made me dislike the game overall.  I loath puzzle antics.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Come now, GMG! I was expecting that you would understand my mocking tone against that "gent". Indeed, the fact that he likes Asura's Wrath is not a crime but his essence as a troll is a criminal action towards the community. Thus, we must swiftly cleanse the forum from these kind of "gents" since they contain trollicious poison.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Feb 9, 2012

>mocking

Not well loved by the community managers either I imagine.

>being a troll

Maybe.  Maybe not.  To state as much is something of a "poison" that some communities punish just for jesting about.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Feb 9, 2012

i would not really mind a 4th but pre-quells would not be bad ether.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Such an innocent jest cannot bring about my downfall, fellow Spartan. But why focus on my "mocking" sin? Let us focus on the topic at hand: Next GoW Installment. Do you think it is possible?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes