Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2012
By: ruready511 First Son 2 posts

Shame on Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

25 replies 745 views Edited Jan 21, 2012

Let me preface this first by saying that I love the PlayStation 3 console and it's games - including the God of War series from Santa Monica Studio.

However, my first generation 60GB PS3 just kicked the bucket about 2 months ago and I purchased a new Slim PS3 from my local game store. All of a sudden, God of War 3 will not load. I place the game in the console and it begins to auto-load. The screen turns black immediately and no picture is ever displayed beyond the point when the game is loaded by the PS3. I can hear sound effects when I use the directional arrows on the controller, but no picture - just a black screen.

After weeks of Googleing around, I've seen many other people with the same (or similar) problems. I tried the same game in a friends PS3 - it worked. I swapped game disc with another copy of the game from my local game store - it still doesn't work on my PS3. This is also the only game with which I have any problems. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gran Turismo 5, GRID, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, Dragon Age: Origins, Tom Clancy's Endwar, BlackSite: Area 51, Folklore, and the God of War Collection all work just fine.

I am very disappointed with Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC for not working to correct this issue. I paid good money for this console and this game - I expect it to work. If that isn't the case, I expect compensation to be provided.

Legally, there is implied fitness on part of the game (God of War 3) and console (PlayStation 3). When I made the purchase, I expected the game (God of War 3) to work on the console it was designed for (PlayStation 3). Any decrease in functionality beyond normal expected operation is a breach of the implied contract between the consumer (myself) and manufacturer (Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC).

I hope a solution is made available to game owners such as myself that are experiencing this problem or similar problems. Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC have had more than enough time to develop a working solution to this problem. If a solution does not appear in a reasonable time, this may require significant escalation sufficient to produce such solution or compensation for paying game and/or console owners.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Re: Shame on Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Jan 26, 2012

Riveting.  So let us talk of the other entries while you sort out the issue with GoWIII.  Perhaps address VH and the challenges prior to some specialty runs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2012

GodModeGOD,

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. What's "VH" and what were the "challenges prior to some specialty runs"?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Feb 3, 2012

>VH

Very Hard.

>challenges

Of the Gods, Of the Titans, Hades, Athena, Ares, Olympus, Exile, etc.

>specialty runs

The good stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Ignore Godmodegod, hes just being offtopic, and i expect him to quote and respond to everything I will type.

Have you notified sony about this? If no one speaks up, nothing will be done about it. I'm sure santa monica is well done with God of War 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Feb 8, 2012

>advising to ignore

Likely against the rules here too.  Certainly bad manners.

NOTE: You seem cross with me.  Should I know you, sir?

>Godmodegod

GMG will suffice, friend.

>offtopic

Not at all.

>i

Capitalize for yourself, won't you?  You're not so lowly that you deserve lowercase.

>to quote

Then you are quite mistaken about how I respond.

>to everything

Not quite.

>notified sony

Proper nouns and all that sort of thing.

>Santa Monica is done with it

You bet, sports fan.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Feb 20, 2012

OH MY....ppl are still advising others to ignore GodModesomethingelse! gee I thought things had changed

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Fix this now !!! its feb 20th 2012 and still wont load !!!  thats 60 bucks down the drain ,,,, whats the deal why aint this corrected yet ?? 2 years later !! the makers took us all on that one !! i want a refund so i can buy a game from a diff maker !! we dont get the game free like some people do !!  FIX IT !!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Still waiting for March, dear boy?

>caps

>vocal, non-verbals

>ellipses improperly represented

You still using feminine traits?  At least the unsightly alt. font is behind us, yes?

>ppl

*glove slap*

That's terrible and you should feel terrible.

>others are in violation

Can't be helped.

>misrepresentation

Come now.  We're closer than that.

>not starting with capitalization

>gee

>forgets to use a comma

Lovely.

>punctuates with emoticon

You still have much to learn.  This said, you ready to start up a specialty run?  I'd advise a NUR/NUR+.  Which entry shall it be?  Your move, Yugi.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Long time no see w8ing4march! This community will rise again when GoW IV is announced!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (745 Views)
0 Likes